Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to Choose What Foods To Eat. All Veggies, Fruitarian, Sprouts, Seeds...
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: October 15, 2006 08:15PM

im so confused about this..

its hard to explain my confusion, but i'll try.

i know there is no "set answer" but what is your guys' opinion on what types of foods to eat while eating raw live foods?

i remember reading the article saying humans weren't meant to eat anything other than fruits and it made sense...

is it true veggies aren't digestible and neither are seeds? if so, do you think this makes sense and we really shouldn't be eating them?

im so happy im going back to this lifestyle again, i loved the way i felt, but i want to do it right this time and eat the foods that we are supposed to eat...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to Choose What Foods To Eat. All Veggies, Fruitarian, Sprouts, Seeds...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 15, 2006 08:21PM

If veggies and seeds weren't digestable I'd have died of starvation years ago.

You got to learn some critical thought homes. Just cause a theory sounds cute doesn't make it true.

Figure out what works for you, that's all you have to do (last three sentences not rhymed intentionally).

Date: October 15, 2006 08:25PM

Hi Cunfused,

what books are you using for guidance? I think you need to read more books.

To start with, read "Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine" and "Conscious Eating" by Gabriel Cousens, "Eating For Beauty" and "Sunfood" by David Wolfe, "Living on Live Food" by Alissa Cohen, "The Detox Miracle Sourcebook" by Robert Morse.

To answer your question, you should be eating EVERY food listed on this chart under phase 1, phase 1.5, and phase 2

[www.treeoflife.nu]

Plus eat the foods listed under "Minimal Use" in moderation.

You should also include sea vegetables because they are high in minerals that land plants do not have.

Mike

Rainbow Green Phase Chart:
www.treeoflife.nu/dl/Summary_of_Rainbow_Green_Cuisine_Phases.doc

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 16, 2006 12:27AM

Eat everything. If something disagrees with you or you don't like it, then leave it out of your diet.

Ian.

Date: October 16, 2006 12:40AM

sodoffsocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eat everything. If something disagrees with you
> or you don't like it, then leave it out of your
> diet.
>
> Ian.

Nice and consise, I like it. smiling smiley

Nutrition & philosophy are seperate courses in college, one shouldn't get them confused (or confuzed) in real life either.

What works is the only thing that is important. And to know that you have to pay attention to yourself first and foremost.

Other people's opinions are only valueble in relation to how their advice works (or does not) in your own experience.

Also, keep in mind that someone can be right in one area and completely wrong in another (that's good general advice too).

So far today I've been completely right, but that's rare. winking smiley

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: October 16, 2006 03:03AM

Out of fruits, veggies and nuts, I think fruits are the most digestable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2006 03:07AM by tropical.

Date: October 16, 2006 03:57AM

im just starting to question everything... like i know everything about how meat eaters have more intestinal bacteria and they have triple blood count, but life isn't about living a perfect life and always eating healthy, whats the fun or uniqueness in that?

and just because meat does "these things" to us doesn't justify not eating it in my opinion. it might cut our lives a bit shorter but if we had more love and joy in those years wouldn't that be better than living raw and always being unhappy?

these arguments im writing admittedly are pretty unsound, they are weak, but im just trying to say that im questioning a lot and am quite frankly, confuzed..

i guess what im trying to say is that just because heating "slightly" makes food less nutrient who are we to say that everyone else is eating the wrong thing because its warm and what we eat is raw...food that is less nutritious doesn't mean its less good for our body, does it?

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:30AM

Confuzed....PLEASE just make up your mind!

72 hours ago you were embracing McDonalds because you needed the meat for your sex drive and now you are swearing yet again you are raw because you have no sex drive.

Give the 20 questions a rest. Eat some things and see how it affects your own body. Not everyone is going to respond the same way -- some prefer all fruit, some all veg and some are only 75% raw.

Just figure out what works for you in REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE.

Date: October 16, 2006 05:15AM

im sorry ^^^^ i need to really sit some time out and think about what i need to do for the good of myself.

Posted by: mark58 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 07:09AM

Yes... sit with it for a while
sit in deep silence
and see what sprouts
in consciousness
and then
follow that
with all your heart

until it changes

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 16, 2006 03:04PM

I agree...you just need to make up your mind. In the very first post of yours in this thread, you mentioned how happy you were to be back to eating raw again, but then a few posts down, you talk about eating cooked foods and meat again! Just please figure out which you want to do.

Posted by: Tashi ()
Date: October 17, 2006 01:05AM

If you think eating raw makes you unhappy then in my opinion you are not doing it right....maybe you are going too fast. If you think eating McDonalds and eating meat will make you happier and give you love and joy in your life I suggest that you really do some research in how those products come onto your plate. If contributing to a world where we exploit and kill animals and the environment for our sensory pleasure brings you love and joy then I don't really know what to say to you. I don't mean to be rude smiling smiley Maybe you can read "101 Reasons to be a Vegetarian", you can read it on the internet.

If you really feel like a hamburger and a shake, try to make the raw version. Get a good raw cookbook and experiment at home. Don't worry if you are combining foods or eating very complicated meals in the beginning I think you just need to learn the beauty of eating raw food. It can be just as exciting as eating cooked food, I think it is much much better! I eat quite plain food, some juices and green smoothies and stuff but when I feel like it I will have nuts and tahini and chilli and make really nice stuff that fills me up. I would choose that over a burger any day!!

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: October 17, 2006 03:02AM

Dear Confuzed,

It seems that some may be getting impatient with you but that's OK.

You are only asking the questions that all people ask sooner or later. Even the so-called leaders in the raw movement do not agree on what is the "correct" food for humans.

And there is even more confusion among mainstream nutritional "experts."

I have been reading, learning, unlearning, observing others, and experimenting on myself for several years. It seems to me that most people who transition to a raw vegan diet begin with complicated recipes that replicate dishes they ate while SAD like raw pizzas, raw cakes, raw ice creams, etc. Then, once their bodies have cleaned up a bit, this fare starts to be too heavy and too fatty and they start to simplify their diet to fruit, smoothies, soups, and salads with nuts and seeds. And then again, they achieve a higher level of health and their bodies ask for even greater simplicity and they eventually wind up either mostly fruit or mostly greens and fats.

Through my own experience and observation of others, I currently believe that mostly fruit is the way to go. But I did not come to this overnight. It took a lot of trial and error and a lot of study and questionning, mostly to undo all the incorrect things we have all been taught our whole lives.

It is no wonder you have lots of questions and uncertainty.

My best advice to you is to eat what you LOVE and what tastes and feels wonderful and enjoyable to you. Our bodies are so intelligent and so amazing. They can guide us if we will only listen.

In other words, it will help you to move from a thinking state of mind to a sensing state of mind.

Best wishes for a fun journey. . .

Love,
Julie

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: October 17, 2006 07:47PM

I would have to agree with FruityJules.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 17, 2006 09:11PM

here's another idea for you-

don't try all raw at once. i know you mentioned earlier on another thread that the 75% raw foodists weren't really doing it. but they are. they're doing what works for them. don't do vegan all at once. it doesn't sound like it works for you, and unless you really strongly feel you shouldn't eat meat, nothing anyone can say will make it unpalatable to you.

try giving up all prepared foods first. if you want a hamburger, make it at home. with fresh ingredients. if you want a bun, get a whole-grain fresh bun. and make your own fries. (i'm not going to say make your own condiments b/c that is too time consuming).

i personally find myself eating raw sometimes because it is easier. i don't have to cook, or clean as much, or wait for things to become cooked. now it's not really hard. when i'm cooking for my husband, i eat apples and carrots and celery and by the time i'm done cooking, nothing sounds good b/c i filled my stomach while making it. and then if i want it, one bite or two is more than enough.

by being closer to your food, cooked or raw, you will find yourself figuring out what you like. what you prefer cooked or raw, what you need to feel good, and full.

you should investigate the raw-foodists who are omnivores. i knew a few and they once kept a deer's head in the fridge. sorry everyone here, but it's true. and i knew then that i couldn't be that kind of raw foodist.

if eating these minimally prepared but not raw foods satisfies you and keeps you feeling good and looking good, then do it.

if it doesn't, you already know the answer. raw, whatever sounds good, if you want protein, raw nuts and seed sprouts, if you want fat, avocado, raw oils, if you need energy- green juice, and fruits. a balance of these can meet all your needs. it seems like first you should get to know your body and your food better. that is a symbiotic relationship.

peace-
Mama Cass

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: October 17, 2006 11:18PM

Thank you, Shep!

You are completely adorable.

: )

Love,
Julie

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables