Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

MILK MUCUS MYTH ?!
Posted by: VeloriaRaw ()
Date: October 16, 2006 03:51AM

I told my friend that I don't like drinking milk because it gives me mucus.

He looked at me like I was crazy. "What are you talking about?! I have never heard that milk gives you mucus."

I researched it online and found that it has no scietific evidence and most claim it is a myth.

BUT then why do I get all this mucus whenever I drink milk when I'm sick or when I am raw?! Dairy is so scary when I'm raw! When I started being raw and managed it for 2 weeks straight and had a dairy based smoothie on accident, I got really sick and was spitting out loogies like it was my job.

What do you guys think?

Does Milk = Mucus? WHY?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2006 03:52AM by VeloriaRaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MILK MUCUS MYTH ?!
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:00AM

Just go down to Flo Jo's story:

[www.newstarget.com]

And google: FLORENCE GRIFFITH JOYNER'S AUTOPSY

That is just one source.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:14AM

VeloriaRaw

Many people find that their mucus levels go down when the quit consuming dairy. You have personal experience of this fact. Are you going to trust the propaganda you read over your own experience?

Posted by: mimi ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:36AM

I agree with Bryan. For me it's a matter of personal experience as I spent a lifetime of being ill. I was constantly congested or had a drippy nose, asthma, sinus problems, and seasonal allergies. Less than one month after quitting dairy(Thanks to marilu Henner)I was able to breathe out of my nose for the FIRST time in my life! It was grand indeed! No more of any of the above sicknesses since then.
I know personally that my body could not assimilate processed dairy.Myth? hagh!
Milk was made for a baby cow it doesn't work for us.

Posted by: zohra ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:37AM

Maybe this has to do with white blood cell count increasing
when cooked food enters the body? I stopped drinking milk
many years ago and the mucus went away soon after. As Bryan
mentions, I trust my personal experience over anything else.

Thanks for bringing this up. I used to think the connection
between dairy and mucus was in my imagination. It's
good to know others have the same experience. As soon as
I stopped consuming it, I never even sneezed. Used to get
colds often.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:41AM

ive found raw milk is much less mucus forming compared to pasturized milk. actually, im not sure if the raw milk is causing mucus production or is just leaving behind a residue due to the fat content.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 16, 2006 03:09PM

jono - I agree with you completely. We drink raw goats milk in my family, and none of us have issues with mucous.

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:38PM

I've not drunk milk in ages - the only dairy I have is something like feta cheese on a greek salad.

I did notice that I could drink a glass of milk from Whole Foods and be fine (I never tried more than 1 glass). But if I drank milk from a normal grocery -- a full blown cold the very next day -- every single time.

~raine~

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 07:38PM

Oh rawrrr, I'm just reading that article you linked to, GROSSLY fascinating! and insanely disgusting.

and wait a minute, Florence Griffith Joyner died from a dairy overload? Did I mis-read that??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2006 07:42PM by sunshine79.

Date: October 16, 2006 08:01PM

sunshine...I was wondering that exact same thing when I read that article!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2006 08:40PM

It worked for me.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: October 19, 2006 08:55PM

I noticed a lot less mucuous when I stopped the milk madness!!!!

Date: October 20, 2006 08:39PM

I notice I'm congested (with dry boogers in my noise) when I take a nap after eating my bagel and CREAM BASED smear once I started eating mostly RAW again.

I think that's proof enough. Milk is toxic. Mucus is a good way the body can expell of the toxin.

Thanks for all the responses. I found them very interesting, especially that first link. Reading more about milk has really grossed me out.

In the past week, my Human Physiology professor encouraged the class to drink milk for the calcium. This made me sad after I read a bunch of truth on the reality of milk. You would think a professor at Berkeley would know better.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 20, 2006 11:05PM

>>I read a bunch of truth on the reality of milk<<

Have you tried learning about raw pasture fed milk? Or perhaps tried some?

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: October 22, 2006 01:37AM

You would think more medical schools would make Nutrition a mandatory course, but it's not even always offered!

Posted by: BrookeM ()
Date: October 23, 2006 08:46PM

Wow, that link and information at [notmilk.com]...

Milk has pus in it?! Eek!!

I haven't touched milk/cheese/ice cream since reading information from those 2 links. Thank you! smiling smiley

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: October 24, 2006 10:24AM

I developed a respiratory problem that I could not get rid of, the doctors kept wanting to give me antibotics and couldn't figure it out.
It wasn't until decided to do an apple fast that I noticed on day 3 the symptoms had completely gone. I was still just vegetarian at that point.
A few days after the cleanse I decided to have a grilled cheese sandwich and within an hour my vision blurred slightly, energy level dropped in the dirt the respiratory problem came back.
That caused my first step to veganism. I am so glad. It was horrible to wake up in the morning and cough up mucus.

So yes Milk causes mucus. Cows milk is for baby cows not humans. The real myth with milk is that it is agreat source of calcium. Because milk is pasturised (cooked) any calcium it contains is rendered unrecognizable to the human body therefore it is treating as a carcinogen (which it is due to cooking) and expelled.

The only milk we humans need to consume is the kind our mothers made when we were babies (and we can even survive without that). Cows milk is not designed for human consumption.

just looking at people drinking it disgusts me now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2006 10:32AM by jadedshade.

Date: October 25, 2006 05:55AM

jadedshade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just looking at people drinking it disgusts me
> now.

lol.

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: October 26, 2006 12:05PM

VeloriaRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jadedshade Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > just looking at people drinking it disgusts me
> > now.
>
>
> lol.

Well it does, it is funny I suppose but check out what www.milksucks.com or www.notmilk.com say about it. It is full of puss! Yuck!
We are just raised with people telling us "oooh thats good for you". Any good doctor will tell you not to drink any milk when you are sick because it is mucus forming.

Another thing you might think is funny: At work when one of us makes a drink we make one for the other 9 people in the department too, so I end up making coffees etc that I have to put milk in (my drink is generally filtered water, occasionally green tea). If I Accidentally spill any on my hand I wash it off really quick because I cannot stand it even being on my skin.
I guess the fact that I am vegan and allergic to it plays a big part in that.

People at work always offer me cookies too, which is really funny because they say "Do you want one of these or are you still off dairy".
At that point I explain that I am off dairy for life because even if I stopped being vegan I wouldn't be able to have it. I suppose I could go into the fact that I dont eat processed sugar and that about 80% - 100% of my diet is raw but they already think that I am a weird health nut (lol)
It's funny how we are considered wierd for eating unprocessed foods in their natuaral state.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2006 12:09PM by jadedshade.

Date: October 26, 2006 02:43PM

jadedshade, I think it is funny that people say to you "or are you still off dairy". Like they are waiting for your little "fad" to come to an end! LOL! People that are not on this diet say the funniest things to those of us that are! One of the girls at my office said to me the other day "Wow, are you going to eat ALL of those strawberries?? Sheesh!" And as she was saying that to me, she was pulling out her reheated McDonalds meal from the microwave! Yuck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables