Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How much water do you drink?
Posted by: Felix ()
Date: October 16, 2006 03:14PM

Curious?

Do you drink much water, if you are eating a lot of juicy fruits and vegetables?

Tell us what is your experience? How much water do you drink in a typical day? And what kind of water? What do you do to make the life come back to life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much water do you drink?
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:04PM

When I was eating cooked food, I drank at 1 to 1 1/2 gallons of water each day. Now, I probably drink half that amount, and I am quite sure it is because I eat mostly fruits and veggies. I also drink herbal tea throughout the day. We have an Aquasana water filter attached to our kitchen sink for our drinking water.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:26PM

I used to drink lots of water before but as a raw foodist I drink very little. I know people, even raw foodists, say to drink lots of water, but I think that is erronenous thinking.

Our kidneys need to maintain a proper electrolyte balance and forcing water when one is not thirsty can throw off this balance. Listen to your body.

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 16, 2006 04:33PM

At least 1.5 liters a day and several cups of green tea.

~raine~

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2006 06:13PM

3 liters or so usually.

Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: October 16, 2006 11:31PM

sunshine79 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>" Listen to your body."

Very good advice, Sunshine79!

Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Posted by: mimi ()
Date: October 17, 2006 02:38PM

Right now, more than ever. I am still in phase 1 of dr. Cousens diet and I want 3 liters a day. I never had that much before.

Posted by: mimi ()
Date: October 17, 2006 02:38PM

Right now, more than ever. I am still in phase 1 of dr. Cousens diet and I want 3 liters a day. I never had that much before.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 17, 2006 03:13PM

A LOT.

when i lived in NM, no matter how much raw juicy foods i ate, i still needed a lot of water. Now i'm in the NE, and i think i'm drinking more! part of it is during the winter the heaters come on and they dehydrate me. and i'm also breastfeeding, so more fluids there as well.

right now, i'm drinking about 3 liters a day as well. i think. i don't measure, and i drink tap water b/c i figure it'll build up my immune system, and i can't afford to buy water for daily consumption. and if i eat salty foods, i keep drinking H2O until i stop feeling dry.

i figure when i'm thirsty i drink when i'm not, i won't. so far, every time i think "do i need to drink something" and i taste the water, it seems like i'm pretty thirsty!

Posted by: uma ()
Date: October 18, 2006 01:08AM

I used to drink a lot of water on the raw foods diet especially during the Cousens diet because there was a lot of salt and dehydrated foods which made my body crave water.

Now instead I eat mostly fruit which comes with its own water, and I almost never drink an actual glass of water unless it's really hot or I'm doing physically demanding stuff or both.

Love,
Uma

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2006 01:14AM by uma.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: October 18, 2006 01:13AM

That's funny, I popped over to Doug Graham's board and a similar thread was there. I wonder if one started the other! Anyway here's what Doug said:

Subject: Re: How much water do you drink?
Date: October 16, 2006 at 12:46 pm PST

In Reply to: Re: How much water do you drink? posted by Lennie on October 16, 2006 at 12:04 pm:

Spring and autumn I rarely drink a drop of water, but would gladly do so if I felt dehydrated at all.
In summer, it depends upon where I am, how hard I am training,
etc. I might drink no water, or might drink 2 gallons per day, or anything in between. Winter for me usually means Costa Rica, and again, I would rarely drink at all. If I am in a cold climate, I might drink a little, either during the night or early in the day.

Essentially, I drink water if I am not urinating 9 or 10 times per 24 hours.
Dr D "

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables