Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eating Mainly Vegetables? can this be successful too
Posted by: confuzed ()
Date: October 16, 2006 06:00PM

im back on raw again. i know ive not been good with self-discipline and i will not bother you guys anymore with which "side" im on, just know im raw..

Im thinking this time of going at it a different way so i can raise my success level.

instead of all fruits, i was wondering if mostly all veggies would be better, since veggies have a lot more nutrients. has anyone been successful on this long-term? i can only seem to find literature about fruitarianims, but nothing about all-veggie, or mostly veggie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eating Mainly Vegetables? can this be successful too
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 16, 2006 06:09PM

It will be VERY difficult to get the amount of calories needed on a daily basis from JUST veggies. Personally, I think it is good to have fruits and veggies, along with nuts/seeds in your diet.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2006 06:11PM

You'd have to eat a lot of roots.

Date: October 16, 2006 06:11PM

alrite thats probably better. what i meant was at least 50% veggies, way more than in a fruitarian or regular vegan diet. i'll just try whatever i feel out. if i feel like mostly veggies one day i'll do that, if i feel like mostly fruit the other day i'll do that smiling smiley

Date: October 16, 2006 06:31PM

roots like potatoes? are potatoes vegetables? are roots raw and considered live food?

Date: October 16, 2006 06:48PM

wtf im reading that potatoes cannot be exposed to sunlight or they get this disease and they have all these cautions for storing them.

what does it mean when something sprouts? is it more edible or less edible than before? it says if you leave a potato out at room temperature it will dehydrate and sprout

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2006 07:14PM

Roots are definitely a live food.

Leave an onion or a sweet potato on your counter and you will see it continue to grow.

However, I find the idea of eating mostly raw roots unappetizing (though some onion and garlic here and there is pleasant).

Potatos are very hybridized and genetically weak. I would aviod them.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: October 16, 2006 07:23PM

Potatoes are not good to eat raw, some say even poisonous.

(Different to sweet potatoes which are of a different family and fine to eat raw.)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 16, 2006 07:27PM

Confuzed,

I've recently been finding success with the following formula (which I just recently learned on here!)

About 50/50 ratio of sweet to non-sweet fruits such as zucchini, squash, and bell peppers (i.e. "vegetables"winking smiley --- then salads and other leafy greens whenever I crave them.

I find that too much sweet fruit makes me spacey and too much fat makes me sluggish, but the vegetables have a nice balancing effect.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: October 16, 2006 08:38PM

I eat very little fruit. Unless you count the non-sweet fruit - that's another story all-together!! I love tomatoes, zuchinni, cucumbers, red and yellow bell peppers, pod-peas, etc. Now THAT'S whut I'm talkin' bout!!!!

Put em all together with some seeds and sprouts and greens and you got soup or salad. (I told my sister once that there's not a whole lot of difference between my soups and my salads. She walked away shaking her head! I laughed.

Hey Confused - hang in there, buddy! Why don't you try growing some sprouts and sunflower, arugula, buckwheat and brocolli greens. It's fun and easy and keeps you busy with a positive and productive goal. I love eating green things that I've grown - all year round.

Life Is Good!

alive!

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables