Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: I don't know why this amuses me so much: "Is a 100% Fruit Diet Healthy?"
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 24, 2012 11:42PM

100% Fruit Diet can be healthy, it is not the fruit the problem it is how it is being used, the life style, and physical activities.
If we go back and examine the life of those who failed on that diet, we will find that in most cases that many of the basic health principles were not observed, most probably did not exercise, did not fast, were eating plenty of nuts. The intestinal flora and digestive system health are keys... IN MY OPINION

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 25, 2012 06:54AM

Morris Krok was Mr Exercise, into yoga, he was into internal cleansing, eating mostly fruits. He died of cancer at 77. He was very sick in his 20s so one could say that the diet added 50 years to his life or that a fruit only diet can only take you that far. [www.vibranthealthandwealth.com]
Norman Walker understood that you need to add some form of animal products to the raw food diet or some form of supplements. Those who did got into their 90s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 06:57AM by madinah.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 25, 2012 12:25PM

morris and rene definitely present a problem.

we cannot just rationalize it.

either

1. they ate cooked and that caused their problem
2. high fruit exacerbated cancers caused by dietary errors (cooked)
3. high fruit itself caused cancer
4. other exogenous toxins

i suspect number 1, but 2 must be considered.

Date: April 25, 2012 12:32PM

regarding clement,

i just watched a video of him.

besides the fact that he's boring, - i'd almost rather watch david wolfe, ACK

he does some particularly appalling things

- he is constantly quoting alleged statistics from memory, PURELY for the purpose of trying to impress. i find that extremely immature. this is what he said, for example, during the video, The statistic for xxx was 47.6%, no, i it was 47.9%
I mean, come on, can you be any more of a prevaricating phony?

- he quotes a johns hopkins study over and over. the study,which i have seen, proved nothing at all, and worse, the "johns hopkins" he was referring to, trying vainly to give it some semblance of credibility, was instead a "johns hopkins" college in china or other similar place, purposely misleading the listener.

- if he is going to use super secret studies on live blood analysis and PET scans, he should publish the studies. what he is doing instead is the worst kind of unethical behavior. "i have the cure for cancer, but i'm not showing you!"

i could go on for quite a while.

and i'm not saying this to be critical or negative, simply to expose the absurdity.

Date: April 25, 2012 01:31PM

I agree Morris I dont understand why after having recovered his health, he got cancer and died from it. Maybe some situations are not curable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 01:32PM by madinah.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: April 25, 2012 03:24PM

Fresh- I will have to agree with you about the Brian Clement stuff. He tricks people into thinking he is scientific, but he isn't.

Date: April 25, 2012 04:12PM

Scientific or not, it seems to me that his health program of juice, sprouts, seaweeds, and algae work

Date: April 25, 2012 04:20PM

it's no great feat to take people eating poor diets, give them some healthier foods (it's especially impressive if the foods are mysterious,complicated, and require someone to "instruct" you on their use) and have them heal. at $200 per day.

Date: April 25, 2012 04:26PM

Could not someone just read Clement books and implement his diet without going to his center and spend so much.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 25, 2012 05:15PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it's no great feat to take people eating poor
> diets, give them some healthier foods (it's
> especially impressive if the foods are
> mysterious,complicated, and require someone to
> "instruct" you on their use) and have them heal.
> at $200 per day.

That doesn't sound like what they do there to me. Having managed the retail portion of a Hippocrates affliated indoor organic sprout farm and living foods resource centre I met many people who had stayed and/or trained at the facility as well as attended a few of Brian's lectures. The instruction is about how to sprout indoors, about juicing, food combining and food prep, etc etc etc. All things that demystified the healing protocal they promote. Personally, I felt the lectures I attended and the books I read did that for me just as well with no need to travel to florida or pay to stay at the institute. Then again, I wasn't healing from something drastic like cancer.
Nobody is forced to go to Hippocrates or OHI, there's a ton of free info online available to anyone who wants to find it.

Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: April 25, 2012 06:57PM

If that Florida "healing place" has any relation to Ann Wigmore, as I know it does, I'd take a pass. Wigmore was clearly so shifty with her life story, I greatly doubt she ever had a herb & grass-healing grandmother.

Date: April 25, 2012 07:09PM

I was just informed that MK and RB ate high fat and that was the suspected reason for the cancer.

?

Date: April 25, 2012 07:13PM

High fat on mostly fruit? are we talking about nuts?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 25, 2012 07:39PM

KFCA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If that Florida "healing place" has any relation
> to Ann Wigmore, as I know it does, I'd take a
> pass. Wigmore was clearly so shifty with her life
> story, I greatly doubt she ever had a herb &
> grass-healing grandmother.

Care to elaborate?

Date: April 25, 2012 08:58PM

>High fat on mostly fruit? are we talking about nuts?

no more details were given

Date: April 25, 2012 10:35PM

Sure, as I said previously, I contributed Anna Maria Warapicki Wigmore's basic Bio to her Wikipedia page. Since Wigmore never mentioned her parents' names nor her maiden name in HER autobiography "Why Suffer? How I Overcame Illness & Pain Naturally"?, I had to do some scratching. Fortunately Ellis Island Records are publicly available, & even more fortunately, the Middleborough, Mass (where Ann lived from her arrival in the US in 1922 at age 13 to the late 1920ties) newspaper has been digetized from 1900-1947, so with the help of the Research Librarian, I was able to access newspaper articles on family members & further info from Middleborough City Directories back in the day.

First of all, she states in her above auto-bio that both her parents left her behind as a sickly, prematurely-born infant to come to America, leaving her with her "healing grandmother", who fed her goat's milk out of an eyedropper to give her life. Sad, but uplifting story, except records show her father arrived in the US by himself in 1908, and that her mother, also named Anna, didn't arrive at Ellis Island, USA until June of 1913, when Wigmore would have been close to 4-1/2 years old---well past need for eyedropper-fueled goats milk.

Then, in her sailing to the US, which she goes into in great detail, she relates she was accompanied by her uncle (true), but never mentions in the preparation for (again, great detail) nor the sea journey itself that her 15 year old brother also existed there. Why he was totally deleted, who knows?

Then she arrives in Middleborough, Mass in 1922 claiming to find that her father is a well-to-do bakery owner who works her like a slave, almost night & day, & he feeds her bad food & her teeth fall out or some such. The problem with this story is that at least from the decade 1920 through 1930 (when Wigmore married), census & city directory records show that her father, Antone Warapicki, actually was an employee at a local shoe manufacturing company for most of those years, and the closest he got to a bakery was in the late 1920ties when he worked as a truckdriver for a New Bedford, Mass. bakery. There were several bakeries in town, none found to be owned by her father.

The most well-known story Wigmore tells in her auto-bio is that when she was driving a bakery delivery wagon for her father's bakery (here we go again), the horse reared, she fell under the wagon, her legs were crushed, gangarene set in, her father & the doctors wanted to amputate, Ann wouldn't allow it, she was sent home where her uncle fed her flowers & she ate grass, got all better. The problem with this story is that the local newspaper was excellent in reporting on injuries of whatever kind (Middleborough man freezes to death; boy swallows pin) to Middleborough citizens& their recuperation.

For instance, in 1923, the newspaper reported Wigmore's sister, Helen, age 3,& another little girl, were thrown off a horse-drawn carriage, suffering only minor injuries; then in 1926, reported a horse & buggy owned by Wigmore's father took off from downtown Middleborough sans driver, hit & damaged an auto, & headed for home. horse lived. Then in what sounds suspiciously like the accident story Wigmore alleges happening to her, in 1930, her father, while driving a delivery truck for that New Bedford bakery, brakes, slides on the road ice over an embankment, with the truck ending on top of him---stunned but no injuries.

Of course, one cant say for sure whether Wigmore's claimed accident ever happened, but considering the magnitude of her alleged accident and/or recuperation NOT making the Middleborough newspaper, not to mention her father NOT being a bakery owner in the first place, does not bode well.

Old-timey health gurus are such a hokey bunch.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 25, 2012 10:51PM

Man, if your info is correct, she should have gone into fiction writing. She's a natural! LOL

Date: April 25, 2012 11:00PM

The Hippocrates Institute in Florida has not been associated with Ann Wigmore since before her death.
Regardless, I've read some of her writing on sprouting, green smoothies, caring for children etc and it was all so incredibly compassionate and lovely, nothing odd or grossly incorrect or misleading about that stuff. That's all I really care about anyhow, her back story holds very little interest for me. Especially since she's, you know, dead.
smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2012 11:01PM by coco.

Date: April 25, 2012 11:13PM

I'm sure people who "con" people seem like real nice people too. Geez, Some often are involved in children's charities & homeless shelters. But I'm sure you knew that.

Date: April 25, 2012 11:17PM

She's been dead for decades now. Seriously, she's been dead and gone for far longer than I've even been alive! What I've read of hers about sprouting and things of that nature has been beautifully produced and accurately presented. That's all my experience with her as she hasn't written anything since.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 26, 2012 03:58AM

Health Tips: according to Japanese Scientific Research, full ripe banana with dark patches on yellow skin produces a substance called TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor) which has the ability to combat abnormal cells. The more darker patches it has the higher will be its immunity enhancement quality; Hence, the riper the banana the better the anti-cancer quality.
Yellow skin banana with dark spots on it is 8x more effective in enhancing the property of white blood cells than green skin version.
Eating 1-2 banana/s a day increases immunity.
Please pass/share and stay healthy.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 26, 2012 12:05PM

I fought that the riper the bananas the less nutritious it is because it is loosing nutrients. I guess the anti-cancer quality is a plus too. Should cancer be a constant concern in a healthy body?

Date: April 26, 2012 12:42PM

Wow, Prana that's so cool! I personally dislike banana but I do put a very ripe one into the kid's morning smoothie. The very, very ripe ones we freeze for banana ice creme, they adore that as a special treat. Fantastic!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 26, 2012 01:02PM

RawPracticalist,

Should cancer be a constant concern in a healthy body?

Yes, if one doesn't live in a biodome, LOL!

Off to the Googles to see if non Cavendish bananas have this tumor suppressant, too. Thanks for posting, Prana smiling smiley

Date: April 26, 2012 03:30PM

I prefer the cancer fighting benefits of a growing sprouts, not that a banana in stage of decaying. [www.sproutnet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2012 03:34PM by madinah.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 26, 2012 06:23PM

At what point do you judge a banana to be ripe? smiling smiley

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables