Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"Pure Fruit"
Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: May 02, 2012 12:03AM

SIAP but I thought of you guys when I saw this and wanted to make sure you've seen it. Very well done and thought provoking documentary about the fruitarians Mango and Kveta. Enjoy.

[vimeo.com]

Re: "Pure Fruit"
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: May 02, 2012 06:16AM

beautiful!

david

Date: May 03, 2012 07:25PM

I feel the same way. The dietary aspects didn't stick out for me so much as the simple story of this sweet couple's search for their paradise did. Of all the people in raw foods who claim to be "Christ-like," Mango is the first that even comes close for me. He's the real deal, and they're the type of people that keep me inspired. I do wish that they would eat more, but that's their business. I also found it interesting when the 3 dietary worlds came together with the paleo guy, the spiritual fruitarians, and the constantly at war 811ers. Wow. Talk about human diversity.

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: May 08, 2012 02:16PM

I tried fruitarianism, and it was disastrous. I don't find these people to be the real deal anything, though the documentary was well-done.

Date: May 08, 2012 02:40PM

They're the "real deal" in that they eat an all fruit diet. Whether or not the results are good is irrelevant to that statement. Poverty, Kveta's handicap, and other circumstances have also been likely contributors to their less than healthy appearance. Totally agree that fruitarianism is not known for its long-term success. In terms of them being spiritual seekers, I'll take them any day over a fake like Dan MacDonald. I don't even believe that diet has anything to do with spirituality. They're not living their lives as youtube whores, pimping for Christ while selling junk blenders and spreading their bad science to ignorant/desperate people. But yeah, the documentary is well done. It made me think. That's all I ask for. Of course, seeing Durianrider exposed as a complete clown once again was nice too. Keep it classy DR. Keep it classy. Nothing like another opportunity for you to brag about your meager achievements (wow, you've got 10K in the bank?) while trying to sell the importance of sports and exercise to a handicapped woman. Geez.

omega-3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tried fruitarianism, and it was disastrous. I
> don't find these people to be the real deal
> anything, though the documentary was well-done.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 09, 2012 01:15AM

Some people consider fruitarianism as 100% calories from fruit; others go by the definition that was (and I believe still is) in the dictionary of 75% or more calories from fruit. I am a fruitarian but eat greens. I don't think I can be healthy longterm, i.e., going a year, without eating greens. But I don't knock anyone else who wants to be greens/veggies-free.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables