Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Yet another detox question
Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: May 16, 2012 05:33AM

I have been eating about 80 to 100 per cent raw for the past two or three months. Been working on going raw for about a year or so.

I can tell when i get that "yuck" feeling in my body to know it's detox. It usually occurs when I am eating 100 percent.

I have a lot of weight to lose and I am wonding if I will experience this until all the weight is gone?

I have been using various forms of colon cleansing to help speed this process up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yet another detox question
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: May 16, 2012 04:31PM

it will get easier and easier, until eventually you won't feel any detox from eating low fat detoxing foods. The best thing is to dive right in because otherwise you will just keep feeling icky over and over again. Instead of trying to end the detox feeling. try dealving into it and detoxing MORE. Try a whole day with nothing but green smoothie and shots of wheatgrass. This amps up your detox that much faster. eventually you will get nothing but energy from greens and wheatgrass......this took over 6 months for me. but I had over 200 pounds to lose......

Date: May 16, 2012 08:35PM

Thanks Rawlion, it' always nice to get advice from you. You've been there and are where I would love to be. I've been 100 per cent the past few days. Feeling pretty ick. I was just about to cave and eat something cooked to break this feeling, but I'll drink a green juice instead.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 17, 2012 01:02AM

Hi spectum, and you're right, eating some cooked food will lessen your detox. Please don't be too hard on yourself, as the process should be an enlightening experience. How? Cause you will see and feel the benefits of your change in diet. So, it's ok to slow down the detox if it gets too heavy.

Rawlion is right, and even though everyone is different, it still takes about six months for the worst of the detox to pass. For myself, even though I had lost quite a lot of weight prior to transitioning from cooked to raw, it still took about six months.

After that amount of time, I began to feel much better. Sorry, I don't want to offend anyone, but for me, the best indicator was my stool. You literally 'see' the positive changes to your digestive system by what comes out, and it took about six months for everything to be normal, or what I would suggest is normal.

It's a good idea to keep a journal (diary for the gals), so you can document the changes each day. It's good to look back on the progress that you've made, and the many incredible things that have happened to you. I kept a journal for the first year, and then only when something significant happened that was directly linked to my dietry change.

All the best to you spectrum,

Cheers, jalan

Date: May 17, 2012 04:50AM

Thanks Jalanutan,

Aside from detox symptoms, I am feeling good. I know raw food it the answer to everything for me. I should start the journal thing, well diary 'cause I am a gal.

I am a jounralist, so you'd think I'd already be writing this stuff down.

Thanks again.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 17, 2012 07:43AM

Yes spectrum, I think it's important to document all the positive advances that happen, as sooner or later you may question your course of action. Therefore, it's good to have your diary on hand to validate and reinforce your raw food life-style.

Cheers, jalan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables