Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what do you eat for breakfast?
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: May 21, 2012 10:37PM

especially interested in non fruit breakfasts

luv laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what do you eat for breakfast?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 21, 2012 11:50PM

Fave is green smoothie but I do include fruit in that.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: May 22, 2012 02:46AM

Usually lemon water first thing in the mornings,then some whole fruit,usually melons.
Yrs ago it would have been a big bowl of grape nuts,wheat germ,raisins,bottled orange juice,and a milk and egg protein drink.
Boy times have changed.
Vinny

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: May 22, 2012 09:06AM

Smoothy most days. (greens, fruit, superfoods)

Though occasionally I'll have a pinapple.

Posted by: red dragon ()
Date: May 23, 2012 10:39PM

I usually have a green smoothie, but this morning I did something different:

Sliced frozen bananas (sliced before freezing)
Quite a few hemp seeds (shelled)
Raw dried coconut
sun-dried raisins
just enough water to help blend

grind coconut and raisins in grinder
put all ingredients in blender and blend until you get a smooth ice creamy consistency. I had good energy all morning even though I hadn't had ideal amount of sleep.

If you want a cheeky treat, probably not for breakfast before work, I put a small splash of dark rum in it on saturday and it was stunning! It just made sense, rum and raisin ice cream!

I just realised, that's still fruit-based! But it's still ice cream!

Also you could use fresh coconut meat that would be amazing but can't get them here in Wales very easily.

(I actually put goats milk probiotic yogurt in it too but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say that here?? I'm vegetarian but not quite vegan, I just eat eggs and goats milk yogurt).

Love,
Helen

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: May 23, 2012 11:21PM

Today I had a smoothie with fresh almond milk and frozen berries. My other favourite breakfast is homemade raw granola with almond milk.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 24, 2012 07:37AM

Rooibos, red ginseng and roasted maca herbal tea.

Green smoothie comprised mostly of romaine lettuce, spinach, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, water kefir and a scoop of hemp protein powder.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 24, 2012 01:13PM

I dry fast until 11:00, then two glasses of water until 12:00, then a fresh fruit - usually watermelon - until 1:00, then my main meal - like a raw zucchini alfredo or raw lazogna, etc, - then a yummy fruit/dessert meal, then I have the green smoothie as my last meal around 6:00. Fresh fruit in between meals.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: May 24, 2012 08:23PM

I am an advocate of pre-soaked grains, coodked of coarse. Then the rest of the day eat your raw meals. Use you favorite oil with it or just spoon it in your mouth. I don't like complicated stuff in the morning and like simple nuritionous meals with fat and good carbs. Something that will carry me until noon. There is good protien in this also. Use grains like millet, quoina, teff or even oatmeal if you don't have digestive issues.

Date: May 24, 2012 08:56PM

I wouldn't touch any grain with a ten foot poll if you have digestive issues. Even sprouted.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 24, 2012 09:47PM

I don't like much in the morning. Usually I juice a couple of apples, 3 carrots, a beetroot, big handful parsley, some dandelion leaves, few slices of fennel and some kale leaves. It's very strong and i love it - i drink it all at once.

Date: May 26, 2012 06:13PM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wouldn't touch any grain with a ten foot poll if
> you have digestive issues. Even sprouted.

IMO it depends on what kind of issues you have? Not everyone is the same and grains are a fine food source.

Date: May 26, 2012 08:48PM

Well, in my experience and from what I've read, if a person has digestive problems (cramps and diarrhea) the first thing I suspect is grains - first gluten containing grains, then all grains, then other carbohydrates.

[www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info]

And I thought I read from luvyouu's posts that she has digestive issues.

Date: May 27, 2012 07:22PM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, in my experience and from what I've read, if
> a person has digestive problems (cramps and
> diarrhea) the first thing I suspect is grains -
> first gluten containing grains, then all grains,
> then other carbohydrates.
>
> [www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info]
>
> And I thought I read from luvyouu's posts that she
> has digestive issues.

Sure, this is a good idea but just to keep eliminating stuff from the diet is not good either. She needs to test these things out and see how she feels on them. Another irritant on the top of the list is dairy but the diet you are proposing has dairy in it. Casein is almost identical to human protien and this can cause the immune system to attack the body itself. It also professes that Apple Cider Vinegar is good, well contrary to popular belief this makes yeast flourish like crazy. In her condition it is probably a good idea to stay away from grains until her digestine is much better. But the biggest concern now is why her digestine is so poor and how to get it better? Pathogens would be the first thing to rid the body of first by pumping up the digestine and getting the proper immune system stimulants in her. This in it self can be challenging when the body is so weak AND possibley has some Leaky Gut issues by now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables