Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Spondylitis
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 21, 2012 04:41AM

Anybody have any experience with it, and how raw food could potentially help it? 811 or other? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spondylitis
Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: June 21, 2012 09:56AM

Sorry Phantom, it's a bone malformality due to aging. The only way that you can mitigate its progress is exercise, which means that movement will slow it down.

I have it, though it's nowhere near as bad as spinal stenosis, which is a bulging of the disc into the spinal canal putting pressure on the spinal cord.

However, each case is different and you may be in as much pain as I was with the stenosis prior to surgery....I hope not my friend sad smiley

jalan

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 21, 2012 11:40AM

If it is in flamation related, check the Calcium/Magnesium ratio. When calcium is high, it is bad news (death). Calcium-high is aging and stiffness (calcified hearth, high pressure, etc). Magnesium-high is suppleness and youth. Magnesium deficiency causes inflammation and chronic problems caused at the cellular level. To raise Mg, apply magnesium oil through the skin. Don't get Mg through dietary supplements.

I also read that many doctors/chiropractors misdiagnose back pains and send people to surgery, causing them to eat drugs for the rest of their lifes. Anyway, before any surgery, make sure you are as Mg high as possible. Mg is needed like water. There is something called sensory motor amnesia. Check out "somatics"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2012 11:51AM by Panchito.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 21, 2012 06:02PM

It's not me, but someone I know has had all kinds of weird problems that never fit any one diagnosis since being in the early 20s. There is an autoimmune component to spondylitis, isn't there? He just found out his mom has had it her whole life and is getting tested for the blood marker...

We found a little bit of success stories online with 811, but was wondering what else people may have done with good results. He finds it next to impossible to stay 811 for extended periods of time (probably a malabsorption issue, combined with the large quantity of food needed for sufficient calories resulting in inflammation).

Starches are apparently a bad thing (potatoes, bread, the obvious), but what about root veggies?

Date: June 22, 2012 11:40PM

Panchito, I'd really like to know more about Mg through the skin. I don't believe that suppliments work very good, with most of it being peed down the toilet.

Can you direct me to some research or whatever about magnesium absorbsion through the skin please? smiling smiley

Date: June 22, 2012 11:49PM

Oh, I'm sorry. I automatically read 'spondylitis' as 'spondylosis'. spondylosis is the bony protusions on each vertebra, while spondylitis is inflammation of the vertebra eye rolling smiley

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 25, 2012 08:24PM

Here are a few Testimonials from my file on Ankylosing Spondylitis:

[www.livingfoodcures.com]
How another man applied a raw diet to his condition and recovered from a crippling disease called ankylosing spondylitis. (Now he is able to continue running). Page 289
[www.livingfoodcures.com]

[www.hacres.com]
The truth is this: 'FOOD MATTERS.' Wrong foods sicken! Right foods heal! Medication sickens and kills and rarely heals.

Editors Note: In Section (5) Health Tip #568, you will find the Introduction to a book titled Lying With Authority, written by Dr. Dan E. Chesnut, M.D. At my request, I asked Dr. Chesnut (chesnutd AT sbcglobal DOT net) to send me his testimony telling of the effect a 100% plant based diet had upon his health:

Without warning, it struck. Wind in my sails gone, losing breath and strength, control impossible, I had succumbed to an unseen force and I, like a tree at the mighty axe, began to topple. ACUTE ARTERIAL FIBRILLATION: a heart beating weakly 170 times per minute is ineffective. Circulation slows. Death comes at any moment. Pale and helpless I found myself in the ER of a major Oklahoma City hospital, watching the monitor above me. I had relinquished control to a heart authority whose medication did not work. Electrical defibrillation with a 10% death rate was last option - or was it?

Moments before I was taken for this procedure, my wife Gudbjorg joined me in prayer as we watched my failing heart beat erratically. Within 10 seconds of that prayer, the heartbeat reverted to normal. Breath returned. My face filled with color. Pain gone!

This event occurred over 10 years ago. But there was more to the story. I had severe arthritis, had lost my right eye to a medical mistake, had a disease called ankylosing spondylitis, had endured two neck operations which failed, had spinal stenosis, gout, early diabetes, hypertension, intractable GERD (reflux esophagitis), a non functioning gall bladder which 'must be removed' said the surgeons, and migraine headaches. I could walk no more than 100 feet without back pain and sciatica, could not lift 25 pounds without neck and arm pain, slept fitfully only with the head elevated because of reflux. I took over $600.00 per month of useless medication which caused multiple side effects. It was a 'new medication' that had caused the arterial fibrillation. I became allergic to many of these potions. Yet I still believed my medical educators - authorities in their fields. Nor would I hear of any alternative.

That is, I would not hear of any alternatives until I looked death in the eye and a profound insight came over me - AT LAST. What then did I do? I left that hospital, heard and acted upon the pleas of my beloved wife, heeding the rather visual message God implanted in my heart. I began to learn great truths. I abandoned life long erroneous habits. I rejected much authoritative teaching from my profession. I took a chance. After all, the experts had failed. What was I to do? Go on believing after all the experts had failed?

We all have inspirational people, loved ones who make a difference and some who unknowingly teach us incorrectly, even parents. To my utter shock within weeks after starting a 100% vegan diet with a lot of vegetable juices, and after ridding myself of toxic foods with toxic additives, after stopping all medications, I was pain free, and all symptoms were rapidly disappearing. My health improved dramatically.

Today, I remain healthy, active, and take no medication. Shortly after these colossal events I closed the doors to my conventional medical clinic and have learned and practiced and taught nutritional excellence to thousands as the first priority in improving health. The truth is this: 'FOOD MATTERS.' Wrong foods sicken! Right foods heal! Medication sickens and kills and rarely heals.

HALLELUJAH ACRES was a key player in my restoration over 10 years ago. But most of the credit goes to a 5' 2 smiling angel from the rugged mountains of Norway, my beloved wife who persisted in trying to get me to change my diet. Who in your life is trying to convince you of a great truth about health? Do you listen? Or will your heart need to shake a little first.

Testimonies on the Hallelujah Acres website have been submitted voluntarily without promise of compensation or publication. Claims expressed are solely those of the individual; these claims have not been verified, nor are they intended to represent typical results of making a diet change.
[www.hacres.com]

[community.wddty.com]
Ankylosing Spondylitis

The advice that you have been given that diet doesn't help is not supported by Jackie Le Tissier. She cured AS with the Food Combining Diet and wrote the book Food Combining for Vegetarians along with Jean Joice. Here is the Amazon link. Well worth reading.

…

Norman Cousins cured his AS by laughter - using funny videos. Search his name and you'll get lots of references.

…

Do as many of these as possible:
-magnets
-raw vegan diet
-detoxification
-magnesium oil
-use natural anti-inflammatories, not drugs which will make his body even more acidic. Cetyl meristoleate, glucosamine, MSM, 3 BETA etc. Not all work for everyone but give each a fair try for a month. One of them should.
[community.wddty.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables