Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: sprouting farmers
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: July 23, 2012 06:00AM

Not that I can recall, but I will see if I can find the book somewhere on my shelf, and consult it, but I really don't think he explains precisely why.

I know that he blames "concentrated carbohydrates", ie, all flour products and cooked heavy startchy foods, as well as refined sweets, for just about everything that's wrong with us healthwise. I love reading his little book, it makes a lot of sense. Walker even says that raw potatoes are all right to eat. Will go to my garden tomorrow, dig some up, grate them, have a chew, and report back if I don't keel over...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 23, 2012 07:07AM

Lol do so, I eat raw sweet potatoes against all advice and still alive, haven't tried raw white potatoes thoughsmiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 23, 2012 10:46AM

chat

what's the scoop on raw sweet potatoes
why do some feel it isn't good?

Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 23, 2012 11:04AM

No ideasmiling smiley there is a thread here couple of pages back, few people posted that raw sweet potatoes are bad for digestion, but didn't really explain why.

One thing is raw sweet potatoes contain a trypsin inhibitor, so I do not eat protein with them. But other than that I can't think of what could be wrong about them being raw, they are so yummy and filling.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables