Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thyroid imbalance, the iodine is working And HOW!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 25, 2012 07:06PM

I promised to post about it so here it is:
A basic physical revealed my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was getting slightly high at 5.64 (normal range is 0.35-5.00) which can be caused by iodine deficiency so I started taking some Lugol's iodine, 3 drops daily. Now after only a couple of months, or even only a month and a half, it is on the opposite end of the spectrum at 0.05! Whoa!
This second test reveals my Free Thyrozine (hormone the thyroid produces) is in the upper range at 23 (normal is between 9-23) which indicates the slight edge of hyper thyroid condition. So I'm advised to cut back to 1 drop of Lugol's daily and to have another test done in a month's time.
I'll also be including some sprouted and cooked beans, green tea, lemonbalm, cruciferous veggies, radishes (thank you John Rose), berries, spinach, brasil nuts, pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds.
I'll let you know how it goes smiling smiley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thyroid imbalance, the iodine is working And HOW!
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 25, 2012 08:06PM

Way to go coco - that's the kind of Feedback we love to see!!!

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 25, 2012 08:27PM

awesome coco!!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 25, 2012 08:48PM

That's great news, coconuts! smiling smiley

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:52PM

Thanks for posting that Coco, I'm definately going to try it again, especially since my op is near....but coconuts Tam??? HahaHa

Date: June 25, 2012 11:59PM

Coco. Coconuts. Goes to follow, no? It's because I at one time tried to make all the utensils, bowls, cups, candle holders, etc from coco shells instead of throwing them out and using other resources for that stuff. Didn't work out though, have you ever tried to clean out a coconut shell? Sheesh! Not easy.
My user name used to be CocoMama before the crash that ate everything years ago tongue sticking out smiley.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: June 26, 2012 12:33AM

Haha ok Coco, but I thought that you just liked chololate yummm LOL
During my 'hippie' days I tried the coconut container thing. Really hard going I agree, but looks great.

jalan x

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 26, 2012 01:13PM

congrats! I also take lugol solution 2%. I do three drops every two or three days in a half full bottle of water. It is supposed to be a good chelating mineral against mercury too. I did read once that if you overdose it goes out through the urine.

Date: June 26, 2012 01:59PM

Apparently not Panchito as it has caused an enormous swing in my levels. I would recommend careful monitoring when taking iodine to make sure the right amount is being consumed. I could have easily created a serious problem for myself, we'll see if I attain balance with one drop daily or every other day.

Geo, that could be cocoa, not coco. Right? Or kookoo as the case may be grinning smiley.

Date: June 26, 2012 02:14PM

hi Coco.

I googled it and saw this

[curezone.com]

they say (two threads down) that dosing is highly individual

check out this too

[curezone.com]

"Rarely, have I observed iodism (metallic taste in mouth, frontal sinus pressure/pain, and increased salivation). Iodism is easily rectified by adjusting the dose of iodine down or simply telling the patient to await the resolution of these symptoms which takes approximately 1-3 weeks. "

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2012 02:26PM by Panchito.

Date: June 26, 2012 02:21PM

Well, obviously it would have to be. I am using it to adjust my own personal imbalance after all. But my personal experience has been to go, in a very short span of time with a small dose, from one end of the spectrum to the other, both extremes being unhealthy.
My point is that monitoring carefully would be a wise course of action as sustained imbalance in either direction can cause serious health issues. This is not something I would self-administer without regularly checking to see what it's doing inside the body.
This is not a herb, it's not vitamin C, it's not tea. This is a concentrated medicine, food based to be sure but not something to fool around with without the care of a medical practitioner (be that allopathic or otherwise).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2012 02:21PM by coco.

Date: June 26, 2012 02:31PM

I hear you Coco. But you are using only one variable. I think that one iodine dose does not correlate directly to one hormone level. It is not a single cause effect relation, and if it is, it may not always be the same (could be other variables involved). I go by feeling not numbers.

Date: June 26, 2012 04:10PM

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.
My levels were off, now in a short time they are off in the other direction. I have been taking iodine to correct the imbalance, I can only attribute the change to that. Would it be different for another body? Who knows, and the only way to monitor it would be with blood tests. So I personally would not recommend dosing the self with iodine, or any other powerful medicine, without the supervision of a health care practitioner.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 26, 2012 05:45PM

Coco, I am glad you said that. I used to work in a health store and the iodine (kelp) had a warning about self-dosing. I have wanted to try this out and see if perhaps I might have low thyroid (without havning to see a doctor). Maybe a few times a week I could take a couple of drops...

Date: June 26, 2012 06:12PM

Coco, I am glad you are happy with your results.

This is the one I use smiling smiley

[www.amazon.com]

Date: June 26, 2012 07:20PM

I'm NOT happy with my results, my levels are dangerously off in the opposite direction. It's just as bad as before, only backwards. What I am happy about is the fact that I found a way to effectively correct the imbalance, I'll just have to lower the dose and be retested in a month's time. Then I'll be happy smiling smiley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables