Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help for transition diet for kids
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 22, 2006 09:49PM

Hello, I'm at my first post on this forum.
I have create a nice group living on Arnold Ehret mucusless diet. I translated his book in italian, published it and after 10 months there are almost 100 people on this diet, beginners and vets.
My site is [www.arnoldehret.it] and there is a forum that is growing fast every day.
Some mothers ask me how to help them to transition their children to raw food, most of them never eat fruits and vegetables! And they are costipated, I can easily believe it!
If someone could put some lines to esplain how to put this guys on fruits and vegetables, I would appreciate very much, for the health of those children.
Thank you very much,
Luciano

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help for transition diet for kids
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: October 22, 2006 10:20PM

I learned that the biggest obstacle in me trying to transition my kids was myself. Spcecifically, my fear that my kids won't like raw or won't thrive on raw. Transition can be much easier than what one thinks it can be. I put a few tips on kids there: [www.rawgosia.com].

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 23, 2006 04:19AM

Right:

#1) Be a great, successful, and happy example of modeling loving behaviors and eating habits.

#2) Only stock healthy foods in the house, and give them a weekly allowance to budget, shop, and choose foods for themselves.

#3) Pack lunches and snack bags with healthy foods.

-They'll thank you for it later!

-David Mason

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 23, 2006 05:10PM

If kids eat raw fruits & vegetables from a young age, I bet they won't like the cooked version as adults. At least that's the way it was with me. I still can't believe people cook bell peppers & zucchini. grosss

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 23, 2006 06:18PM

My daughter loves to snack on raw fruits and veggies and I know it is because that is how my husband and I eat. Her favorite snack is raw red peppers and cucumbers! I can't believe people cook those veggies either. Kids will absolutely follow what their parents eat.

Date: October 23, 2006 06:42PM

Yes, it's all correct.
I understand that kids nurtured in rawfoods families have no problem.
The point is that the demand for help is coming from families that were meat-eaters and all-eaters until yesterday and macdonalds lovers.
They kids have the senses toxiefied and don't want not even try to eat fruits and vegetables!
I need recipes of appetible and desirable kakes or puddings of raw fruits, something to attract the attention of the kids.

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: October 23, 2006 07:52PM

Hi Luciano,

Well done for your good work!

Whilst I am raw, my children refuse to be raw, (too much pasta and pizza when they were younger). I find these steps work:

Vegetable soup; gradually cook the soup less and less. By the time it is blended they don't know it is semi/mainly raw. Or 1/2 cooked soup and 1/2 blended raw veg.

Dhal; stir in sliced fresh raw spinach and grated carrot at the very end of cooking.

Increase the amount of smoothies, fresh squeezed juices and nut milks. Nut milk/frozen banana/carob ice cream.

In Juliano's RAW uncook book there is a wonderful fruit soup recipe that includes avocado, red pepper, cucumber and zucchini, but tastes like fruit salad!

And of course the wonderful chocolate brownies that you will find on the recipes section of this forum.

Have you looked at the Talifero's gardendiet.com website for info on feeding children?

Good luck! Let us know what you find works for your children.
Anna

Date: October 23, 2006 08:14PM

Just another thought Luciano,

have you read EATING WITHOUT HEATING by Sergei and Valya Boutenko? Victoria transitioned her children overnight when they were about 8 years old and they wrote this child friendly book of recipes when they were teenagers. Victoria Boutenko has a book, 'RAW family' about how she transformed her family's health.
gardendiet also have an ebook on raising raw children.
From a family perspective, I cannot recommend the Boutenko's books enough! Green for life should be compulsory reading for any Medicine student or patient.

Anna

Date: October 25, 2006 08:07AM

Dear Anna,
your advices are valuable for us!
I will updadate the library with the books you suggest and I will go trhu the forum posts.
Thank you,
Luciano.

Date: October 25, 2006 01:51PM

Hi Luciano,

I am glad to hear that you have so many families transitioning to raw.
Another thought:-

Do your families make raw tomato/marinara sauce?

Kate Wood author of EAT SMART EAT RAW says her children happily eat the raw sauce on spelt or kamut spaghetti. And the adults can make the noodles/pasta from courgettes. Do you have the spiralizer / spiral cutter / saladdacco in Italy? For raw noodles spaghetti?

[www.detoxyourworld.com]

By the time you stir the raw sauce into the pasta it is gently warmed. Add a few olives or capers to the sauce when blending to give the flavour a little depth. Sprinkle with pignoli or grated nuts instead of cheese.

If you can get olive that have not been pasturized in a jar, try an olive pate with soaked sunflower seeds and fresh herbs. Of course, fresh pesto sauce.

Maybe it is best if you tell us what your families are trying, so we can see if we can expand on what is already working for them.

In the very early days people may find it easier to just increase the amount of nutritious foods, and the taste for bad food will gradually decrease.

Some of the mothers may be feeling very guilty about having fed their children junk in the past. They need plenty or reassurance that they did the best to their knowledge at that time, guilt will not really change anything, better to channel that guilt into educating themselves even more. RAINBOW GREEN LIVE CUISINE by Gabriel Cousens has a lovely chapter on raising raw babies:'Raising Rainbow Babies'it is a wonderful book.

Keep up the good work! Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day!!
Ciao Anna

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables