Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food and the Hero’s Journey…
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 25, 2012 05:38PM

Is the Raw Food Journey the Hero’s Journey?

On page 110 in M. Scott Peck’s book - "Further Along The Road Less Traveled" - Peck writes,

“Joseph Campbell has done much to teach us about the truth that resides in myths. One of the great myths of the world which Campbell has been particularly effective in elucidating is called “The Myth of the Birth of the Hero,” from his book The Quest of the Hero.”

“A hero is defined as the person who can solve a problem or problems that other people can’t.”

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Raw Food Journey is the Hero’s Journey and that Cooked Food is the Fall of Mankind. If we ever want to put an end to most of the needless suffering on this planet, we have to Return to our Natural Diet. Not only do we need this Knowledge, which most of us are missing, but we also must be aware of all of the Obstacles on this Journey, which includes those who don’t want us to Wake Up.

So every time we have someone on this Message Board who puts down or undermines the Raw Food Message and/or is quick to call Conspiracy Facts a Conspiracy Theory, we must Suspect these people as possible Infiltrators. Although most people with this mindset are usually just Ignorant, we must not discount the fact that the Truth has Enemies and these Sick Psychopaths fear an Idea whose time has come and that Idea is RAW FOOD!!!

Not only did Victor Hugo say, “There is one thing stronger than all of the armies in the world and that is an idea whose time has come.” but Hugo also called the Cesspool inside of us “the Serpent that lives within us.” Along these lines, Plato said, “And we have made of ourselves living Cesspools, and driven doctors to invent names for our diseases.” I am convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt that this Cesspool and the Lack of Biophotons from eating Cooked Food are 2 HUGE Contributing to the Dark Side of our Behavior and that the Darkest of the Dark Side of our Behavior is the #1 Source for False Knowledge and False Knowledge is the #1 reason why we don’t know How to Eat and we can’t learn anything when we think we already know.

So Socrates was right when he said that the Problem of Knowledge is the Key to all of our problems, which means that we have to be aware of all of these Obstacles at the same time we have to get our Message about Raw Foods out to the masses.

So the #1 Problem of Knowledge is the Knowledge we don’t have or the Knowledge we’re missing, the #2 Problem of Knowledge is the False Knowledge we have in its place and the #3 Problem of Knowledge is the Darkest of the Dark Side of our Behavior or the Worst of the Worst of us or the Sickest of the Sickest of us and if you don’t think those Sickos are on this Website, think again because the Truth has Enemies!

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food and the Hero’s Journey…
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 25, 2012 08:49PM

<<Is the Raw Food Journey the Hero’s Journey?>>

it could be though not necessarily

i think that to be a hero, it takes far more than having a raw food diet though that could certainly help

intent is everything and action follows intent
having an intent that positively affects self and others and then following through despite all the plethora of emotions and setbacks that one will inevitably deal with is what makes a person a hero

a good parent is a hero and they might not have a raw food diet
a patient teacher who spends extra time helping a struggling student and doesn't get paid extra for it is also a hero

a person who has the audacity to extend a warm genuine smile and listen to you when you are having a bad day ( even though they might be having a worse day or situation)

these are all heroes

having a raw food diet helps and it is not mutually exclusive to being a hero
but , in my book, diet is just ONE out of the plethora of energies that people choose from the menu of energy

The menu of Energy includes:

1. food
2. thought
3. attitude
4. intent.
5. action

there are a few people that i have deeply admired for most of my life
and it is because of the actions they took ( which reflected what was in their heart)

none of these people had raw food diets but their actions spoke volumes and deeply affected my life in a profoundly positive way

the diet is simply gasoline in the car

it is what one DOES and where one GOES with the car that ultimately counts

having the SUPREME gasoline every time you fuel your car is great

but some people also achieve a lot just using regular fuel as well

though i'm no stranger to how profoundly raw affects one's constitution
it certainly is not the be end of the end all

though going raw does have a LOT of ramifications (obviously )

it is still just a START in my opinion

just like putting supreme grade fuel is just a START in the journey of where your car will take you

Date: July 27, 2012 09:57PM

john rose

i like m scott peck and joseph campbell both

they are refreshing in their intelligence devotion and articulation

thanks for bringing them up

reminds me to read some more of their stuff

Date: September 09, 2012 01:16PM

Hi Veronique,

I can’t begin to tell you how much you’ve helped me view this subject matter, but I’m sure it’s not in the way you think. I’ve been wanting to respond to your post since day 1, but I wanted to let my epiphany sink in and incubate for a while.

Anyway, I also wanted to bump this thread up hoping I might get some more Feedback from the rest of y’all or even more from you. I’ll follow up on this in the next day or so and I’m looking forward to see what y’all think.

But before I go and let you guys think about this, I would like to be ANAL for a moment and remind everyone that there are dozens of definitions for a lot of words and if we don’t adhere to the definition as it is stipulated, then those comments are simply mute. I apologize, especially to myself, for having to be ANAL because I really don’t like being ANAL. smiling smiley

Once again, “A hero is defined as the person who can solve a problem or problems that other people can’t.”

Date: September 09, 2012 01:49PM

Veronique,

One more thing - had you adhered to the definition, I might not have had my Epiphany or it would have taken me longer to Re-Visit things I had studied several decades ago with my special Teaching Tool, which I’ve only perfected in the last decade.

So thanks again for helping me on my mission.

In fact, I’ve been wanting to thank everybody on this website for helping me in ways most of y’all will never understand and when I say EVERYBODY, I mean EVERYBODY, especially the Trolls and the Sickos that have come and gone ever since I’ve been here since 2000.

So THANKS EVERYONE. I know that I learn from everyone who comes through my life and it’s a shame most of the people I encounter will never know how much it’s been appreciated. Indeed, this is what has kept me as Passionate today as I was on Day 1 of the Hero’s Journey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2012 01:52PM by John Rose.

Date: September 09, 2012 09:39PM

the air does get more rarified, the higher one climbs a mt. everest

there are less and less people , the further you go up

it does take a hero to stand by oneself to do what one believes

this is the "problem" that no one else can solve , doing for oneself, what one believes is necessary

no one can do it for you

you're on your own

not taking a quantum leap but simply residing there always

as this is what occurs, when so many quantum leaps have already occurred

yeah, it does take some gumption

but have fun along the way

having fun is the hero's ( heroine's) journey

this does not mean abdicating responsibility

it simply means to realize that life was meant to enjoy

challenges and all

even if you don't enjoy them

enjoy that you don't enjoy them

and you are back to center

peace

Date: September 10, 2012 02:14AM

life is one big humungous epiphany

smiling smiley

Date: September 10, 2012 02:48PM

Hey V,

Have you read Deepak Chopra’s book, “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success" and do you agree with what we writes on pages 109-110, specifically regarding the “Sequence for the Application of these Laws”?

“The seven spiritual laws of success are powerful principles that will enable you to attain self-mastery. If you put your attention on these laws and practice the steps outlines in the book, you will see that you can manifest anything you want- all the affluence, money, and success that you desire. You will also see that your life becomes more joyful and abundant in every way, for these laws are also the spiritual laws of life that make living worthwhile.

There is a natural sequence for the application of these laws in your life that may help you to remember them. The Law of Pure Potentiality is experienced through silence, through meditation, through non-judgment, through communion with nature, but it is activated by the Law of Giving. The principle here is to learn to give that which you seek. That is how you activate the Law of Pure Potentiality. If you seek affluence, give affluence; if you seek money, give money; if you seek love, appreciation, and affection, then learn to give love, appreciation and affection.

Through your actions in the Law of Giving you activate the Law of Karma. You create good karma, and good karma makes everything in life easy. You notice that you don't have to expend a lot of effort to fulfill your desires, which automatically leads to an understanding of the Law of Least Effort. When everything is easy and effortless, and your desires keep getting fulfilled, you spontaneously begin to understand the Law of Intention and Desire. Fulfilling your desires with effortless ease makes it easy for you to practice the Law of Detachment.

Finally, as you begin to understand all the above laws, you begin to focus on your true purpose in life, which leads to the Law of Dharma. Through the use of this law, by expressing your unique talents and fulfilling the needs of your fellow humans, you begin to create whatever you want, whenever you want it. You become carefree and joyful, and your life becomes an expression of unbounded love.”

As you can imagine, this has something to do with my Epiphany and yes, I agree, “Life is One Big Humungous Epiphany” or at least it should be. In fact, I’ve had so many Epiphanies that I finally had to create a file on JR’s Epiphanies, which reminds me that it needs to be updated.

I’m also curious - have you read any of Ken Wilber’s books, like “No Boundary” or “A Theory of Everything” or “The Spectrum of Consciousness?

Date: September 11, 2012 12:54AM

JR

have not read Wilbur's books
but I have read the aforementioned Chopra book

i agree that you get what you give
this goes along with the laws of cause and effect
pure physics, pure logic
if you throw a ball against the wall
it will ricochet back to you

it is just energy and intent being mirrored and reflected back to you
we are all mirrors for each other

if you shine a beam of light
onto a mirror
it will be reflected back to you

i also call it

the law of leveraging

if you want someone to behave a certain way
you behave that way first

leading by example is pretty much the only way to lead
leading by example instigates a cause which creates a distinct effect

that is far different from coercion, preaching etc.

this is true leveraging

"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain" by Mark Twain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2012 12:55AM by la_veronique.

Date: September 11, 2012 11:21AM

i think that anyone who continues to put one foot in front of the other
walking, wading, swimming or simply stumbling

into the Pure Unknown while following their heart ( in ways that are harmoniously beneficial to self and/or others.... big ways, little ways, unseen ways, even ways that are unknown to self and/or others...)

is a hero(ine)

purty simple

it takes some guts to be alive

in this world

not cuz the world is a big bad wolf

but because the mind can be a big bad wolf

but when you pet the wolf

you find that it was just a big cuddly teddy bear

and if u hug it

it will hug u back

it takes some humility to hug the teddy bear in your mind

no... wait a minute.. i change my mind... it doesn't take humility

nope

it takes

a ......

( sound of drums rolling)

a....

H

E

R

O

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2012 11:25AM by la_veronique.

Date: September 11, 2012 11:36AM

i think my definition and your definition of a hero is the same

you say a hero is someone who can solve problems others cannot

the hero must be self

it cannot be other

if it is the Other, than what is the self doing if it is not busy being a hero?

ultimately you can only be a hero to yourself

if not, you won't even recognize a hero if you see one

you will only recognize that which you recognize within

the only problem is illusion

the only solution is exploration

how can another dissolve illusion for you

it must come from experience

cannot be done for others

the more you delve into illusion

you will see that illusion is simply the portal to enlightenment

and enlightenment

is

a

strange and tantalizing

d

r

e

a

m

but what is a dream?

is it not the same as reality?

i don't know

if you give a child a teddy bear

it will hug it

and the child will smile and go to sleep

some children are just smart that way

they don't question

they just hug the teddy bear

and that's enough for them

later on

their mind wrestles with wolves

but when they are really young

they are just hugging teddy bears

some adults go around hugging wolves

with fangs

like its their duty

some get devoured by the wolf

and that was necessary

so that they can become like a child again

and hug the teddy bear

and go to sleep

Date: November 11, 2014 12:49PM

BUMP

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: November 12, 2014 02:46AM

John, what was your epiphany that resulted from la veronique's message, with her own definition of a hero, with regards to your own definition of a hero?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2014 02:49AM by Prana.

Date: November 12, 2014 04:16AM

Hey Prana,

When la_veronique wrote, "intent is everything and action follows intent," that gave me a chance to Re-Visit “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success" with my new Teaching Tool and my Epiphany is reflected in the Post below to THeSt0rm where...

..."I intuitively came up with the word Community in place of SPIRITUALITY so that I wouldn’t offend the Religious and the Non-Religious, but now I understand that Community is Not in lieu of Spirituality because both Religion and Spirituality are Subsequent Needs from being Dis-Connected."

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

In other words, I used to only think that Religion was a Subsequent Need from being Dis-Connected, but now I realize that Spirituality is also a Subsequent Need from being Dis-Connected.

There's more to my Post above to THeSt0rm that explains why Religion and Spirituality are Subsequent Needs from being Dis-Connected for those who are interested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2014 04:21AM by John Rose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables