Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Eaglefly has left
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 30, 2012 12:16AM

There seems to be a bizarre contradiction that exists on this forum.
The very nature of RAW LIVING foods is one of health,hope,and well being,and having a FUTURE,and yet there seems to be a sickness infecting this forum that is spreading the message of anything but a future. Who is ALL HELL has the right to say that the world as we know it will end in a month? A MONTH for Gods sake. Why have I spentmy 48 yrs on this planet trying to make sense of it all?
Quite frankly I am surprised at the moderators allowing alot of this stuff to be posted,when many come here looking for hope and wellness. They created an "Other Topic" section,and I hate to say but that invites whatever vermin out there to come in and spread misery. There is NO reason to have a section like that on a raw food forum!
But I,like anyone passing a car crash on the road,seem compelled to check out the carnage.
My own sinful nature. I am being tempted over and over.

I must leave.
And I am sure I am not the only one.
To find something better to read every day,and some semblence of hope for a future.

And leave God out of it,you who post that He wants our destruction. Its all of Satan.
Ask forgiveness and repent.

Vinny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eaglefly has left
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 30, 2012 02:12AM

Well, you admit that you look. After all, if you are simply interested in the food aspect, you could stick to this forum and skip the other one. But you call it your "own sinful nature."

So how will you deal with that curiosity? Because leaving here won't cure you of it. I have found that avoidance is a negative attraction.

In any case, happy trails...smiling smiley

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 30, 2012 04:20AM

Vinny,

How does it serve you to take personally anything that is said on this forum, even if these comments are directed towards you? I didn't see the post on the world ending in one month, but even if I did, I would either not read the post, or simply ignore it, as it doesn't match with my world view.

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: August 30, 2012 11:04AM

I have never, and will never understand 'I am leaving' threads on internet forums. Its not like you're going on a 6 month backpacking trip around the Himalayas. Just dont read threads you're not interested in.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 30, 2012 11:53AM

I used the things I don't like as opportunities to improve. If you learn to react to them in a possitive way by understanding then there will be no missery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2012 11:54AM by Panchito.

Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: August 30, 2012 03:00PM

Hey Eaglefly,

I'm sorry to hear you are quitting this forum though there is not doubt that on a public board, there will be some people who have a way of getting under our skin - sometimes it may be justified, sometimes maybe not so much. I know I have personally had moments when I had to pull myself back in because I was about to say some things that never needed to be said.

As for the end of the world...and I've missed that one though I would like to read it; not that I believe it but I love to read stuff that is not necessarily mainstream but someone said, and it may have been Will Rogers, "it's not that we don't know, but that we know so much that just ain't so"!

Such is the human condition. It's O.K. to be wrong and it's O.K. to voice one's opinion regardless of how off the mark it may actually be. I was listening to some evangelical preacher on the radio one time who was so far out there that I was both amazed and insensed...but I kept listening. Then a caller called in and said he was donating $100 to the cause adding that it is not because he agreed with the speaker; he did not, but he believes in the right to voice your opinion no matter how bizarre it may be and so he wanted to be a donor.

I liked it.

Personally, I'm sorry to see you bail out. I believe that everyone's contribution is important to the overall picture and so your absence will be a loss. But if you must, then the best to you wherever you may find yourself.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 03:34PM

eaglefly, now that you have left you probably won't read this. I was having lots of troubles for a long time, then I gave up hope, now I feel better.. lol ahh just joken.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 30, 2012 07:01PM

I agree with Prana and what he states is common sense.

I also understand Vinny and maybe at this time for whatever reasons he needs to take a break from what he feels is negativity and is just letting his friends here know.

Take a break from here Vinny, enjoy your life, your cute house, and all you endeavor.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 30, 2012 07:57PM

Vinny

what on earth are you talking about?
thread ... end of the world... one month?
i never saw such a thread
and what IF such a thread existed
like... who KNOWS if its true or not
maybe it is.. maybe it isn't

if you didn't believe it, you would not have been so ruffled

if you believe it for even one second, maybe its cuz you are in love with the world and don't want to see it end

and if you are in love with the world... then, you are in a MIGHTY good place

smiling smiley

Posted by: chat ()
Date: August 30, 2012 08:02PM

Some people love to discuss miserable things, to the extent that they pretend to see misery where there is none! On internet forums it's easy, you can tell such threads by their titles, and so they are easily avoided. I share the dislike towards such miserable people, but don't find myself tempted to read their threads. I simply press "Mark all messages as read" at the bottom of the page smiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: August 31, 2012 09:17PM

You will be deeply missed, eaglefly.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: August 31, 2012 10:11PM

I guess many of us feel this forum is like a big family, so sometimes what's said is upsetting.

But I think it's ok to have one forum we can discuss other topics other than veganism etc, and that's where I go if I do.

Is there any other reason why you've decided not to share on this forum Vinny?

I hope you'll reconsider mate smiling smiley

jalan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 01, 2012 05:23PM

I feel you, Vinny, and wish you peace and happiness smiling smiley

Please come back some day!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 01, 2012 10:02PM

One time I had to work driving with an ultra right wing guy. He listened to right wing radio all the time. I was turning yellow as I could not avoid it. It was like listening to Chucky (I am not political). Anyway, all I could do was change myself. I started loving the guy for who he was and now I can hung up with just about everybody. No fear of meeting anybody.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 01, 2012 11:10PM

hey panchito

way cool

Date: September 02, 2012 04:40AM

l am sure very advanced civilisations have come and gone in the past (as can be seen by old etchings of air planes and helicopters on the old Pyramids dated from 40,000 years ago). lt's no big deal because it is only the body that perishes, not the soul.

l don't believe the higher powers will allow large nuclear fallout because of the impact it would have in the universe, but l do think natural disaster is always a problem. But if one learns to live on wild weeds and grasses and has a charcole mask, one can survive through tough times. We have more power than we think.

l recently started a discussion on another forum of the reality facing us today, here it is:
[www.rawfoodtalk.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 04:48AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: September 02, 2012 08:28PM

I will be happy when this thread has left (or not constantly bumped up to the top, as I am doing myself, LOL).

This is one of those "I'm-taking-my-ball-and-going-home" posts. In the book "Games People Play," the game is called "See what you made me do?"

Eaglefly already had expressed more than once his dislike of certain threads. It was duly noted but because not everyone agreed with him, he has decided to leave. Maybe he'll come back; I hope so. But I won't be manipulated. As the Rolling Stones sang: "You can't always get what you want."

Date: September 02, 2012 08:54PM

BW, I wonder what does your above post qualify as, according to the book "Games People Play" smiling smiley

To me it sounds together:

confused - "I will be happy when this thread has left (or not constantly bumped up to the top, as I am doing myself, LOL)"

malicious - "This is one of those "I'm-taking-my-ball-and-going-home" posts. In the book "Games People Play," the game is called "See what you made me do?"

and defensive - "Eaglefly already had expressed more than once his dislike of certain threads. It was duly noted but because not everyone agreed with him, he has decided to leave. Maybe he'll come back; I hope so. But I won't be manipulated. As the Rolling Stones sang: "You can't always get what you want."

Quite funny really smiling smiley

Date: September 02, 2012 09:36PM

What's really funny is your subjectivity. I am not defensive. I was not the author of the post which Vinnie got so upset on. I also don't think it's malicious to note that he seemed to be implying that others' behavior was causing him to have to leave. That's nonsense. No one makes anyone read threads. They are usually very explicit in the header.

I hope you have a great remainder of your day and a great rest of your life. I have seen things you have written to other people and so I am very familiar with your MO. Toodles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 09:48PM by banana who.

Date: September 02, 2012 10:23PM

Where is that post anyway, as I can't seem to find it. I've looked on the 'other topics' forum, but I must be overlooking it. So does anyone know where it is??????

jalan

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 02, 2012 11:00PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> l recently started a discussion on another forum
> of the reality facing us today, here it is:
> [www.rawfoodtalk.com]
> -important-reason-why-we-need-to-sprout-wild-seeds
> -the-future-of-raw-is-doomed

Thanks, Sproutarian, that discussion was interesting, although some posters were annoying, and makes me not want to post on that forum smiling smiley

But they were saying as how 'no candidate' and 'no politician' was any good or sympathic to our health freedom cause (I'm paraphrasing). So I would like to tell them that I guess they never Googled "Ron Paul Health Freedom"

[www.google.com]

or checked out these websites --

[www.naturalnews.com]

[www.naturalnews.com]

[search.mercola.com]

[lewrockwell.com]

Ron Paul has been the biggest defender of our Health Freedom, against mandatory vaccines, against Big Pharma, against Monsanto, against CODEX, protecting supplements, etc, but of course never gets or never got credit for it, not even on the Raw Food websites.

Date: September 03, 2012 03:16AM

BW, hahaha now you've actually made me laugh smiling smiley What is really funny is my subjectivity? Of course it is, has anyone ever implied otherwise!?

Lol, nope, you're not being defensive, not in the slightest winking smileywinking smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 04, 2012 01:04PM

There is a growing abundance of threads over at that Other Topics forum that are fear-mongering CTs, and this can be wearing on some posters. Rampant negativity and menace purporting to be "FYIs" are not useful or helpful to many of us here, and neither is the almost automatic reflex of injecting specific political themes into discussions, though the rules strictly forbid doing so.

I have succumbed to this in the past, but won't now, and this necessarily limits my participation at that forum. I can understand how someone sensitive to positive energy would want to make an effort to participate by checking the threads out, only to become discouraged seeing nothing but alarming posts offering no solutions.

I do hope that Vinny comes back, at least to this forum, where it's mostly convivial and helpful, soon smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2012 01:06PM by Tamukha.

Date: September 04, 2012 04:26PM

Tam, that is spot-on! If you have determined (and Vinny has expressed time and again) that the etc. forum is not for you, then by all means, do not click on it.

That is a far cry from saying that since the site refuses to comply with you, you are leaving. It's unnecessary to click on every forum. I almost never click on the market place, events or the personals forum because they do not serve my needs.

The question I posed to Vinny is how he plans to make the world conform to his view of things. I agree with the idea that what one concentrates upon increases. So it is up to each of us to go within rather than trying to control the outer. Not only is the latter energy-consuming, but it's futile. I also think that it is not allowing others to be who they are at this moment.

Date: September 04, 2012 04:27PM

Well said Tamukha!

Love,
Prism

Date: September 04, 2012 05:06PM

Prism, I just went to the Health forum because I wanted to find an example of a negative post to show people that there are different forms of negativity. Sometimes people have a health concern and I notice that others will act as if it's very dangerous and they need to get to a doctor ASAP (even if the person does not want to go to one). I find those sorts of posts to be on the dark side.

And I just so happened to come upon one of YOUR posts:

<<<I've been second guessing myself about posting about anything lately...most often I'll write something then never post it. There's been a lot of contention lately and I prefer staying out of it. I like the posts where we have positive diverse opinions and you take what you want and leave the rest>>>

I agree with you about the last sentence--just like you said you agreed with Tam! DIVERSE means not the same. smiling smiley

Date: September 04, 2012 11:18PM

So either I'm just being ignored, or no-one actually knows where the thread that Vinny is talking about is.....

As far as I know, I've done no-one any harm on this forum, though for some time now I feel like I AM being ignored. WHY???

jalan

Date: September 04, 2012 11:40PM

Jalan, I don't know where the post Vinny spoke of is or went. Maybe doing a search with some key words might bring it up?

I'm sorry you feel ignored. I for one enjoy reading your posts and feel you are a valued member of this forum.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 05, 2012 12:15AM

Jalan, I think they're referring to back2eden's thread -

major false flag op. has gone hot

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Vinnie freaked out about it for some reason. He used ALL CAPS - LOL

We had already discussed with him about how maybe he better not click on posts that sound scary to him, and he agreed in this thread, but he couldn't keep on resisting, it's just too interesting and fun to read them ....

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: September 05, 2012 12:33AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just went to the Health forum because I
> wanted to find an example of a negative post to
> show people that there are different forms of
> negativity. I find those sorts of posts to be on the dark side.

I agree with you after seeing the post about Anal Fissures smiling smiley

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables