Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what inspired you?
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: November 06, 2006 08:16PM

bump! Anybody else? I really love reading our stories!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: November 06, 2006 09:21PM

Vanity and health, that's what inspired me - and not wanting to go to the doctor for some ever-increasing cervical pain which I feared could be cancer. It wasn't any ONE thing that inspired me, more like many arrows all pointing in the same direction. I had learned in undergrad biochem the common-sense cure for cancer (was I the only one who paid attention to this lecture?? How come doctors are still mystified?) Then I was in a magazine a couple years later and remembered one of the models saying "I was diagnosed with cervical cancer, tried the raw food diet 4 years ago, and haven't had an abnormal pap since." That kept going through my head. I perused books at the health food store looking for inspiration to do another detox diet, as I had done them in the past. I found myself inexplicably drawn to Dr. Cousens' Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine. His picture on the back radiated so much warmth & happiness & youthful energy, I wanted THAT. But I wasn't going to buy it b/c I didn't want to spend $30 to be told something I already thought I knew. And I swear it was the weirdest thing, that book kept calling me back every time I tried to walk away from it. Finally I gave in & bought it. Best $30 I ever spent!!

So in 4 days I went from being a lover of all things meat to being a raw-vegan and never looked back. I just lost my taste for meat. The diet itself was delicious & satisfying; ironically it was the new vegan label on myself that I found most difficult to swallow.

But who cares about some superficial label, this diet is the best thing to ever happen to me. No more cervical pain, no more lingering yeast infection, no more afternoon tiredness (I simply could NOT work in an office, I couldn't sit w/o being tired, I just felt like crap unless I was walking around, I didn't even work last winter, I just couldn't handle the weight gain/tiredness effect of an office job). Now it doesn't phase me. Also my eyes got bigger, nose got smaller, upper body bloat melted away, waist got smaller, most especially I'm grateful for the new mental clarity, the fog finally lifted. Oh and a new supercool job actually found ME, and the job requires so much energy & clarity that I HAVE to be raw, not that I wouldn't want to be but it def keeps me tethered to the veggies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2006 09:34PM by sunshine79.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: November 06, 2006 09:56PM

VERRRRRRY COOL!

Life Is Good!

alive! anybody else?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables