Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Raw Potatos
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 16, 2012 03:02PM

John,

LOL, four years back for a legit subthread(rather than a threadjack, which is what is happening in this one). Wow.

I would like you to tell all of us how much proper scientific training--from accredited institutions--you have. An undergrad in organic chemistry from a state uni, or something like that, will suffice. And, please, none of this, No True Scotsman stuff. Just tell us where you learned the basics sufficient to reject them for these newer paradigms. Please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 16, 2012 05:18PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> fresh,
>
> So my symptoms indicate what, exactly? If you have
> no experience personally with illness on raw, it's
> OK to say so. Maybe someone else will answer my
> question posed to you.
>
>

i answered your question by providing you with information,
that you have ignored.

nevertheless....

>You are suggesting that if I do not juice potatoes and instead do nothing, my body will heal iteslf of whatever infection I have?

in addition to my statement regarding "infection" stated previously, i will append that and state that it is highly likely that it is cleansing, as you have stated that you are not all raw, for one thing. and that we do not "catch" microbes from others. but you don't believe that so there's not much point in this.

>What has been you experience with illness and the raw lifestyle?

no illness when i have been doing what is correct to do healthwise, and sick children having no impact.

>I know that some people that have been at it for a while never get sick, but those that do heal quickly.

well if they never get sick, what is causing the sickness in those who do?

>However, I have not heard much about the idea of just letting a cold or flu run its course, and doing nothing diet-wise to help the process along. If your experience is just that, I'd love to hear about it

comes down to definitions again.
what is a cold or flu?
you think it's microbial and i do not.
i submitted some evidence which you have ignored apparently

of course changing diet, or fasting works, you have removed the cause.

and taking something to heal a cleansing reaction is counter to attending to the cause.

or are you saying that you will be ill forever if you don't drink potato juice?

Date: September 16, 2012 05:27PM

John Rose Wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Just out of curiosity, does this have to do with
> “complete proteins”?

no

> So your presumption that everyone who uses the Art
> (Additions) does Not know about the Science
> (Subtraction) is not 100% accurate. It’s close,
> but no cigar.

i didn't say 100% of the time, merely pointing out that usually stopping the cause
is the solution (subtracting the ingestion of non foods), as opposed to eating some alleged "food" that "heals" the "infection" (addition)

Date: September 16, 2012 06:04PM

Tamukha Wrote:

>
>
> I would like you to tell all of us how much proper
> scientific training--from accredited
> institutions--you have. An undergrad in organic
> chemistry from a state uni,

that's funny, that's what the author of one of the links I gave you has
(ecologos.org), and i don't see you giving those words any credence or attention.

or something like
> that, will suffice. And, please, none of this, No
> True Scotsman stuff. Just tell us where you
> learned the basics sufficient to reject them for
> these newer paradigms. Please.

first of all, these are not newer paradigms.

secondly,
what if I form an opinion from the weight of the evidence from others' analyses,
and from personal observations and experience?

is that of any value?

if we apply that logic to the 9/11 issues , should I be disqualified from posting opinions because I did not get the appropriate credentials in metallurgy, etc, instead formulating views and sharing conclusions based on those who have?

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: September 16, 2012 06:37PM

Powerlifer,

<<<it has never been anywhere near the sort proven to be the cause of all disease.>>>

I agree and I do Not follow the NH Philosophy that ALL Disease is based solely on Toxicity.

As far as the Terrain, the Terrain is the Whole Body and when the Colon is NOT working efficiently as the Depository for all of the other Waste Matter throughout the Body, the Terrain suffers. This ain’t NO THEORY - it’s all about Ionic Pressure. Stop eating Solid Food and drink about 2 Gallons of Vegetable Juice a day for at least 1 week and I’m willing to bet that you’ll Lose 5 to 10 pounds and you’ll be p-o-o-p-i-n-g your brains out! Since you eat a lot and since it’s not all Raw, you’re probably Not near as clean as you think.

In case you don’t remember, it took me 3 months to stop p-o-o-p-i-n-g 18 years ago when I went 90 days on nothing but Juices. I only had 5.8% Body Fat or 9 pounds of Fat and yet, I had a 20 pound Cesspool inside of me. I did not lose any Muscle - my 41 inch chest stayed 41 inches, but my 31 inch waste shrunk to 28 inches and then, my Abs became symmetrical! Since I documented everything that came out of me, I know this ain’t NO THEORY. Since I’ve also coached thousands of people, I know this ain’t NO THEORY!!! This is the sad Reality for most people who Eat Un-Natural Food.

So powerlifer, if you don’t have a 28 inch waste, then you probably have more junk in your trunk than you think. Trust me my friend, you would never had all of the Health problems you’ve had had you been eating Food with the Proper Bowel Transit Time.

Date: September 16, 2012 06:48PM

Tam,

It isn’t that complicated!!!

You don’t need Degrees in Chemistry or Biology or Physics or Pharmakeia for Problems Within our Control. Don’t you see? This is how we’re being Tricked and Fooled!!!

We have to Wake Up and Stop excepting explanations from people who do Not get results!!!

What are my CREDENTIALS?

I GET RESULTS!!!

WAKE UP!!!

You don’t need to study the Anatomy and Chemistry and Pharmakeia for Problems Within our Control!

Dr. Herbert Shelton said it best, “A knowledge of habits and their influences is of far more value than any amount of knowledge of physics, chemistry, pharmacology and materia medica.”

Just for the record, I have the ULTIMATE Degree in Science and here’s a clue - it’s the only Degree that does NOT come with Prejudice. In contrast, all of the other Science Degrees come with Prejudice and are Not taught Two-Valued Logic so they can easily be Tricked and Fooled into taking the 1st Step in the Wrong Direction.

Gary, thanks for chiming in, as everything you said makes a lot of sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2012 06:51PM by John Rose.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 16, 2012 06:56PM

John Rose Wrote:
> Powerlifer,
>
> <<>>
>
> I agree and I do Not follow the NH Philosophy that
> ALL Disease is based solely on Toxicity.
>
> As far as the Terrain, the Terrain is the Whole
> Body and when the Colon is NOT working efficiently
> as the Depository for all of the other Waste
> Matter throughout the Body, the Terrain suffers.
> This ain’t NO THEORY - it’s all about Ionic
> Pressure. Stop eating Solid Food and drink about
> 2 Gallons of Vegetable Juice a day for at least 1
> week and I’m willing to bet that you’ll Lose 5
> to 10 pounds and you’ll be p-o-o-p-i-n-g your
> brains out! Since you eat a lot and since it’s
> not all Raw, you’re probably Not near as clean
> as you think.
>
> In case you don’t remember, it took me 3 months
> to stop p-o-o-p-i-n-g 18 years ago when I went 90
> days on nothing but Juices. I only had 5.8% Body
> Fat or 9 pounds of Fat and yet, I had a 20 pound
> Cesspool inside of me. I did not lose any Muscle
> - my 41 inch chest stayed 41 inches, but my 31
> inch waste shrunk to 28 inches and then, my Abs
> became symmetrical! Since I documented everything
> that came out of me, I know this ain’t NO
> THEORY. Since I’ve also coached thousands of
> people, I know this ain’t NO THEORY!!! This is
> the sad Reality for most people who Eat Un-Natural
> Food.
>
> So powerlifer, if you don’t have a 28 inch
> waste, then you probably have more junk in your
> trunk than you think. Trust me my friend, you
> would never had all of the Health problems
> you’ve had had you been eating Food with the
> Proper Bowel Transit Time.

Im glad you agree the toxicity causes all disease theory is false.

As far as juice feasting/fasting i have done my time with juice fasting, colon cleansing even going to the point of trying colonics to see what all the fuss was about. Ill admit in the beginning colon cleansing helped me but this was mostly because of delayed gastric emptying that was occuring.

Im not really a fan of juicing to be honest, but i will have the occasional green juice. I used to hardcore juice daily with lots of greens, so it is not like i am talking about something i haven't tried.

As far as consuming nothing but juices, you know my feelings on that one especially long term considering its void of many key nutrients.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: September 16, 2012 07:07PM

I forgot to say there are many different factors involved when it comes to the cause of many disease.

Toxin colon is every rarely proven during autopsies which does makes me wonder. If it was such a common cause of diseases surely we would see higher incidences of it occuring, yet we don't. Same goes for many of the other over blown myths such as parasites and Hulda Clarks theory that there was a parasite at the root of every disease.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: September 17, 2012 03:36PM

Well, I haven't said anything on this thread lately - just been listening to the banter but I have tried to take some of it in though it hasn't anything to do with raw potatoes...focus isn't always the easiest thing to come by and certainly things have become quite tangential here.

John, I don't agree with your thinking though I certainly enjoy reading it anyway and definitely defend your right to voice it even if it is a little long, a problem I too face from time to time.

While antibiotics may have their downside, let's not forget the end result is the objective. If we could run a concentration camp, perhaps we could get everyone to adhere to a raw food regime, they would be healthier and more relisient in the face of disease and the world would be a better place for it though given some of the dynamics on this discussion board, I sense we might not be able to guarantee people that with their improved health, they could also expect to gain a kinder and gentler disposition. Referring to someone as "psycho" shows a need for continued evolution.

Show a little kindness; it's preferred. And anyway, disagreements here should be academic, not personal.

Actually, John, you seem to contradict yourself from time to time. You say that there is no such thing as infection and yet you seem to say the government infects whomever at will. Maybe I've missed the point of the diatribe.

John, let's move from theory to practice. Here is a real case study for you. I need a fix. Part of what I do involves wound and skin care and though we may argue over what the causative is, the fact is that when the bacteria is treated with antibiotics, the wound heals.

A 46 year old male is paralyzed from the waist down and has been in a wheelchair for the last 24 years. He has a tunneling stage IV ulcer on his buttocks with fetid, purulent drainage. A culture of the wound shows the presence of staphylococcus. The wound threatens to affect the bowel. Left untreated, the wound may put the patient into sepsis and could result in death. As you can likely imagine, the patient doesn't give two hoots about raw food or vegetarianism or any of that other weird stuff. He doesn't even care much about the wound because he can't feel it.

Should we treat the bacteria? Is the bacteria the problem or has it just found a home to live in? If I understand you correctly, we should think inflammation. Should we treat the inflammation? How? Compresses? Interestingly enough, once the bacteria is destroyed, the wound heals and the inflammation disappears.

I'm certainly interested in alternatives. What would you suggest?

By the way, John, thanks for mentioning "How to Lie with Statistics"; of my many books, it's one of my favourites!

Date: September 17, 2012 05:05PM

<<<Referring to someone as "psycho" shows a need for continued evolution.>>>

I am so glad that you brought this up because chat is clearly a PSYCHOPATH!!! I can give examples if you like, but instead it would be better for everyone to watch Defense Against the Psychopath [ [www.youtube.com] ] so that all of us can learn how to spot these Sick and Dangerous people! Around 4% of the population are Psychopaths and to understand why this is important, check out my Thread - T. C. Fry & Psychopaths... [ [www.rawfoodsupport.com] ].

Now if you do your homework and watch and study this Documentary as I have and then, go back and read ALL of chat’s post, then you will see what I see. I also have a very interesting file on Psychopaths, which includes all of my notes on this Documentary and I’ll email this file to anyone who is interested.

<<<Show a little kindness; it's preferred. And anyway, disagreements here should be academic, not personal.>>>

I know that most people think that everyone has some GOOD in them, but NOT Psychopaths!!! And this is nothing personal whatsoever on my part. I understand what Socrates meant when we said that the Problems of Knowledge are the Key to all of our problems and the #1 Source for False Knowledge are the Psychopaths who Rule the World. No, chat does NOT Rule the World, but she works for them either directly or indirectly just by being a Psychopath.

I also agree with Confucius in regards to Kindness when he said, “Do not do to others what you would not have them do to you.” But Confucius did not believe in returning Good for Evil. For if you reward the man who hurts you with Kindness, he reasoned, what do you have left to give the man who is Kind to you?

Once again, Psychopaths do NOT have any GOOD in them and trust me, chat is a Psychopath. Psychopaths do NOT know how to act and all you have to do is pay attention and they will finally hang themselves, which chat has done on many many occasions.

I cannot emphasize this enough - Psychopaths are the #1 reason why we’re having such a hard time turning this Hell back into the Paradise it was before we became Sick and Dis-Connected. It’s important to understand that these Psychopaths are a reflection of us and the only way for us to Defeat these Psychopaths is for all of us to Play our Role and be the best that we can be. In fact, these Psychopaths are actually a Barometer of us and the Sicker we become the more the Sickest of the Sickest of us can get away with.

Why is this important?

Because last Century, these Psychopaths (by way of the Government) Killed 262 Million people during Peace Time - check out this study from the University of Hawaii called “Democide: Murder By Government” [ [hawaii.edu] ]. I also have a file on this, so if anyone is interested, I’ll email this to you also.

Once again, don’t forget to check out my Thread - T. C. Fry & Psychopaths... [ [www.rawfoodsupport.com] ].

I’ll start a separate Post to address the rest of your Post, but for now, I have to touch base with one of my students, which happens to be 1 of 3 doctors I’m coaching right now. Yes, do you believe it? Some doctors actually know that I know what I’m talking about.

Peace and Love..........John

Date: September 17, 2012 05:58PM

<<<Actually, John, you seem to contradict yourself from time to time. You say that there is no such thing as infection and yet you seem to say the government infects whomever at will. Maybe I've missed the point of the diatribe.>>>

Yes, you did miss the point elsewhere as I pointed out that it is the Chemicals and Nano-Technology that they add to the Microbes and Genetic Debris - Dr. V. Virginia Vetrano wrote, “Pure microorganisms do not cause sickness, and when tried on human beings it was a failure. Then they switched to putting chemicals with the organisms. It is the chemicals that they add to the organisms that can do damage.”

<<<He has a tunneling stage IV ulcer on his buttocks with fetid, purulent drainage. A culture of the wound shows the presence of staphylococcus. The wound threatens to affect the bowel. Left untreated, the wound may put the patient into sepsis and could result in death. … Should we treat the bacteria? Is the bacteria the problem or has it just found a home to live in? If I understand you correctly, we should think inflammation. Should we treat the inflammation?>>>

No, we should Not treat the Inflammation, which leads to Ulcerations, but we should Remove the Source of Irritation that leads to the Inflammation. However, Dr. Herbert Shelton states that “sepsis is the only infecting agent in all the so-called specific diseases.”

In “The Hygienic Care of Children” under the section for TYPHOID FEVER, Herbert Shelton writes...

"CAUSES: This disease results from decomposition in the stomach and intestine due to imprudent eating. The more such patients are fed the more decomposition and sepsis will develop. There will be higher fever, more tympanitis, greater suffering and more danger. There will be germs, of course, and the more food is taken the more germs there will be. When such patients are fasted the stools and urine are germ-free by the time convalesence begins."

The point I want to make sure and make here is that External Filth is only half of the equation, as we also have to consider Internal Filth. This, along with our overall Condition, is the main reason why some people succumb to External Filth and others do not.

As a side note, more than 200,000 Americans a year die of sepsis. When a cancer patient dies of sepsis it is most likely because chemotherapy destroyed the patient's immune system, allowing sepsis to easily kill the patient. It may be counted as a sepsis death, not a cancer death. This is just one of many ways that the medical community can hide the true statistics of chemotherapy and radiation.

<<<By the way, John, thanks for mentioning "How to Lie with Statistics" … it's one of my favourites!>>>

Indeed, it’s so easy to Trick and Fool most of us - I know I got sucked into it until I found Raw Food, which is why I work so hard to Wake Up the Masses.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 17, 2012 06:27PM

I'm going to step in a pile of dog doo here.

I often avoid your posts John Rose because instead of informing I feel like you are spreading fear, hatred and disgust frankly more often than not. In between what might be (if one could get thru your lengthy tirades) some knowledge of some subjects I feel you use those tidbits to mask your true intent.

Thinking that someone may be a psychopath is one thing but to come out and print it as fact is another. It's damaging to that persons social networking that is here posting on this board. I've meet many people from this board over the 10 years of being here and I knew them first by their user names then later their given names. I am able to make my own determinations about the people I come into contact with.

I also don't understand what you gain by all your lengthy posts here because it can't be you are getting legions of followers or believers or converts. Aren't there websites that have a lot more users to preach to? I wonder how many websites you do this kind of posting on.

In addition you usurp a thread so often for your own agenda that if I see one of your lengthy posts I'll just stop going to that thread. Even though the thread was interesting to begin with.

I'm sure you won't be able to resist posting something you think will be a brilliant come back to my post here.

Many of us aren't as ignorant as you may think, and when a new user pops up to back up everything you have to say after every post, then how can you be taken seriously? I wonder if someone like back2eden is even a real person, or maybe it's your alter-ego. Whatever..we do notice stuff like that.

Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2012 06:29PM by Prism.

Date: September 17, 2012 06:50PM

Thanks for your Feedback - that's why I'm here.

Perhaps this post might explain why I come here...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Raw Food and the Hero’s Journey…
Posted by: John Rose
Date: September 09, 2012 09:49AM

Veronique,

One more thing - had you adhered to the definition, I might not have had my Epiphany or it would have taken me longer to Re-Visit things I had studied several decades ago with my special Teaching Tool, which I’ve only perfected in the last decade.

So thanks again for helping me on my mission.

In fact, I’ve been wanting to thank everybody on this website for helping me in ways most of y’all will never understand and when I say EVERYBODY, I mean EVERYBODY, especially the Trolls and the Sickos that have come and gone ever since I’ve been here since 2000.

So THANKS EVERYONE. I know that I learn from everyone who comes through my life and it’s a shame most of the people I encounter will never know how much it’s been appreciated. Indeed, this is what has kept me as Passionate today as I was on Day 1 of the Hero’s Journey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2012 09:52AM by John Rose.

Date: September 17, 2012 08:07PM

Is there any proof that these diseases are a result of decomposition from the stomach or intestines?.

Absolute none.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2012 08:15PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 18, 2012 06:39AM

I think it was Jodi - but it might have been suncloud who said that juiced raw potato kept her arthritis or achey joints at bay. It is only me trying to remember an old thread so apologies to both of the above if I've got it wrong smiling smiley

Date: September 18, 2012 07:14AM

Thanks John for reading and answering my post. I thoroughly enjoyed Stefan Verstappen's video Defense Against The Psychopath with it's amusing cast of characters. It was an intriguing watch but would be of special interest to anyone who subscribes to conspiracy theories of which I am not - and maybe I am wrong.

Moving along...

I once read an interview in David Klein's Living Nutrition, with a practicing psychiatrist and professor at Harvard who is a rawfoodist. I no longer know where to find it or identify who this doctor is but I am trying to reconnect with this information. Does anyone know who I am talking about? Maybe it's in the archives of Living Nutrition but it seems the magazine has changed to Vibrance. Maybe I should contact them and see what I can learn. The interview is an interesting read.

Powerlifer, your link for vegankingdom.co.uk takes me to articles like "My First Durian", "My Nosey Cat", etc. Where should I look for the article on the decomposition in the stomach or intestine?

Posted by: chat ()
Date: September 18, 2012 07:36AM

Prism Wrote:
> I often avoid your posts John Rose because instead of informing
> I feel like you are spreading fear, hatred and disgust frankly more
> often than not. In between what might be (if one could get thru
> your lengthy tirades) some knowledge of some subjects I feel you
> use those tidbits to mask your true intent.
>
> I also don't understand what you gain by all your
> lengthy posts here because it can't be you are
> getting legions of followers or believers or
> converts. Aren't there websites that have a lot
> more users to preach to? I wonder how many
> websites you do this kind of posting on.
>
> In addition you usurp a thread so often for your
> own agenda that if I see one of your lengthy posts
> I'll just stop going to that thread. Even though
> the thread was interesting to begin with.

Exactly smiling smiley Threads started by Jonh Rose are easy to avoid, but when he butts in the otherwise interesting thread and start spreading his diarrhoea of words, scrolling over in the attempt to read posts by other people does become a chore, and the easiest way becomes simply abandoning the thread.

I like this forum for it's technical simplicity, but adding an option to block John Rose from view would be a worthy sacrifice winking smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 07:38AM by chat.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:54AM

Raw4ever Wrote:
> Powerlifer, your link for vegankingdom.co.uk takes
> me to articles like "My First Durian", "My Nosey
> Cat", etc. Where should I look for the article on
> the decomposition in the stomach or intestine?

Hey, I don't have an article, i was asking John if he had any proof that disease or most diseases were caused by decompisition of the stomach or intestine as suggested above, as it is quite a common Natural Hygeine theory but like most other alternative theories on disease such as the acid/alkaline or parasites doesn't hold much weight in my opinion and have been proven time and time again to be false.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 09:57AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:08PM

So, cirumnavigating the Threadjack of All Threadjacks, and if the OP is still around(points for stamina, Raw4ever!), I juiced some potatoes yesterday. They were new potatoes, scrubbed clean of outer debris. I mixed them with a bit of other fresh juice--lemon, orange--to mask the flavor; I have elsewhere described potato juice as the "Devil's spit," and I stand by that impression! The unusually bitter, pungent flavor remained distinct and made the juice difficult to get down, but once it was, I tolerated it well. A few hours later, I noticed that I felt well, much better than I had since the advent of the cold[this statement only for those that believe in pathogenic microbe theory]. Maybe it was the starch and minerals in the potatoes giving me a boost, but I think I will try just potato juice plain this morning, and see what happens. I have to say that I will try this again later this season, when more mature potatoes are locally available, to compare and contrast. I am curious to see if I feel any benefits from potato juice when not ill, as in the past smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2012 01:22PM by Tamukha.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:52PM

After this, I am not going to comment further to John's postings on this thread though I did want to point out to you John that in listening to Defense Against the Psychopath, I found it uncanny how much of it I was able to apply to your presentations here, e.g. health nut, talking about themselves/narcissism, believing they have knowledge the rest of the world needs to know, bullying, fingering others as psychopathic to conceals one's own inclinations, even posting a picture of yourself to show your superior physique could be construed (or misconstrued) as psychopathic according to Verstappen's criteria. Then again, these things might be classified as a compelling willingness to help others so really, who is to say unequivocally who is or is not a psychopath?

I will leave that to someone greater than myself. Actually, in what little I know of chat, and it is very little, NOTHING in the vid reminded me of her. If it makes you feel better (and if you truly are a psychopath, you have no feelings) I was also able to identify certain qualities that pertain to me too. Oh no!!

And now a thought from someone who is wiser than we are. I am reminded of a story told by a psychiatrist who was to pick up the Dalai Lama at an airport in Arizona for a speaking engagement. On the journey to their final destination, the psychiatrist presented a particularly difficult case study to the Dalai Lama and then asked him, "why does this person do this?"

The Dalai Lama answered, "I don't know".

"No", pressed the psychiatrist, "you don't understand. I am the chief of psychiatry and the onus is on me to give an explanation. I need to understand why this person is acting this way".

The Dalai Lama paused awhile saying nothing and then finally answer."Well", he said, "I still don't know why he does that. There are six billion people in the world. It would be difficult to say why anyone does anything"!

Date: September 18, 2012 10:14PM

Thanks flipperjam. That's curious. I haven't tried juicing potatoes but I will tell a friend in Montreal who recently emailed me saying he is crippling with arthritis.

Thanks Tamukha for your bravery! Everyone around me is ill right now. In fact, even as I write this, my wife has come home from work and is in bed. So far, I'm still kicking but maybe I need to try your elixir of potato juice. I must admit your description as Devil's spit doesn't give the taste a strong recommendation but I often serve myself up as a guinea pig so I will give it a go. I don't know about the lemon juice though, but I'll see where it all takes me.

I met a woman today while buying some pears and apples who when I told her I was raw, said she likes raw potatoes. I think I have met three people who eat raw potatoes and they aren't rawfooders. Is there a vein of something there? I don't know.

Thanks powerlifer for responding to my post. That was a premise put forward by Jethro Kloss too, the author of Back to Eden and actually the first book I ever read on alternative lifestyle and treatments. I bought it at a store called Aphrodesia in the Village in New York City way back in the day when I was on the road, had pyorrhea and was looking for a natural cure. He said myrrh and golden seal - I tried it - it worked! I began to believe everything Kloss said but, to this day, I have felt that stating that all disease can be traced to the colon may be an oversimplification.

Date: September 18, 2012 10:41PM

Tamukha wrote:

and if the OP is still around(points for stamina, Raw4ever!),

Tamukha, what is the OP? Is that a person here? Points for stamina? Are you referring to something OP says or the post on the potato juice or something else?

Date: September 19, 2012 12:25PM

Hey Raw4ever,

It’s good to see that you enjoyed Stefan Verstappen's video Defense Against The Psychopath and yes, Narcissists are 1 of the 6 Types of Psychopaths.

Indeed, lots of people are Narcissistic and for a good read on Narcissism, you might also enjoy reading Ken Wilber’s book - “A Theory of Everything” which explains that there’s a Culture of Narcissism that he calls Boomeritis.

Anyway, here are my Notes on this Section of Psychopaths…

• Part Two
• Common Types of Psychopaths
• While there are as many variations in the Personalities in Psychopaths as there are among Normal people, the following lists some general stereotypes.
• 1) Narcissists
• The most benign form of Psychopathology is Pathological Narcissism. Narcissists, like the Mythological Greek name sake, Narcissus, are so overcome with self-love that nothing else in the world matters to them. They need a constant source of Narcissistic supply, which is attention, adoration, recognition, award and praise. There are 2 basic types of Narcissists - the Somatic and the Cerebral.
• Somatic Narcissists take pride in their looks and appearance. They will flaunt their sexual exploits, brag of their accomplishments, show of their muscles and display their toys. They are often Health Nuts, Hypochondriacs and Sex Addicts. Because of their barren inner life, they continually need new thrills simply for the rush of adrenaline. These thrills range from criminal activity and substance abuse to increasingly bizarre sexual acts.
• Cerebral Narcissists love their own minds. They are arrogant, condescending and know it alls that pride themselves on being smarter than every one else. Their Narcissistic supply comes from fame, notoriety, awards and displays of Wealth to create Envy in others. The danger to the public from Narcissists is to drain our Energy, Time, Resources and Emotional Well-being. A Narcissist is interested in a person only for what Narcissistic supply that person can provide. They will gladly accept Love, Attention, Affection, Admiration, Praise, Emotional and Financial Support, but being without Empathy, they cannot reciprocate any of it. Any partnership they enter into will always be one-sided. Once a person ceases to be the source of Narcissistic supply or a better source comes along, they are discarded without any hesitation or consideration, thus do Narcissists leave behind them a trail of broken hearts, broken dreams, empty wallets and abandoned children.

I’ve actually transcribed the whole Video and I also have a 200 page file on Psychopaths that I’d be glad to email if you are interested.

Date: September 19, 2012 02:35PM

Raw4ever Wrote:
> Tamukha wrote:
>
> and if the OP is still around(points for stamina,
> Raw4ever!),
>
> Tamukha, what is the OP? Is that a person here?
> Points for stamina? Are you referring to
> something OP says or the post on the potato juice
> or something else?

OP means original post/original poster, as in the first one in the threadsmiling smiley

Good job with the potato juice Tamukha, I want to try it too. I've read previously that it is good for stomach, as Utopian Life said, but didn't know that you can take it for colds too. This might be a good time for me to try it, with the start of new year and the uni full of sneezing freshers....

Date: September 19, 2012 02:54PM

<<<i was asking John if he had any proof that disease or most diseases were caused by decompisition of the stomach or intestine as suggested above>>>

Hey Powerlifer,

No, but I do believe, as a huge percentage of health practioners do, that Death Begins in the Colon. The Colon is the Major Channel of Elimination and when we have too much Junk in the Trunk, so to speak, the Colon CANNOT do one of its Primary Jobs. Yes, I have said this to you many times, but I don’t remember you ever addressing this Issue. This is not a very hard Concept to understand without having any “Scientific Evidence” to back it up, except for our own Observations, which by the way, is part of the Scientific Process.

So before you had Adrenal Problems, you had Colon Problems. Before people have Liver Problems, they had Colon Problems. Almost every other Problem throughout the Body begins because of the Colon’s Impairment of Function. I also agree with Dr. Max Gerson when he said that all Disease is based on Toxicity and Deficiency and to heal all we have to do is Detoxify and Rebuild. Max said that the 2 Organs that needed Cleaning were the Colon and the Liver and the 2 Major Deficiencies for those with Cancer were Potassium and Iodine. Obviously, other Organs might need Cleaning and there are lots of things we might be Deficient in, especially if the Organs are Impaired and not able to produce Level 2 Nutrients we might need.

Here are a couple of good examples for you. I worked with a woman about 10 years ago who had Hepatitis C for over 20 years. She had great insurance, so she was able to do every imaginable Protocol and yet, no results. Within 30 days of No Solid Food and nothing but Juices, along with Coffee Enemas, her Liver Enzymes were normal. Her boyfriend was so impressed that he decided to try the Juice Fast/Feast for an Eye Infection that he had for over 1 year and the doctors gave every Antibiotic in the book and yet, the Infection/Inflammation progressed to Scar Tissue and he was scheduled for a Cornea Transplant. Once he found out that this was one of the most painful operations, he decided to try the Juices just to see what happen. He went back to the doctor 3 weeks later and the doctor told him it was a MIRACLE. Not only had the Infection gone away, but the Scarring had also healed.

Once again, if you got too much Junk in the Trunk, your Colon is not able to do one of its Primary Jobs as a depository for all of the other waste matter throughout the body and the rest of the body suffers. So when a person has a Heart Attack or Diabetes or just about any other Warning Sign that we are Violating Nature’s Laws, the problem mainly began because the Colon was Impaired.

Now I realize that a lot of people might not get this because they might clean their Colon out or think they have and they are still having problems. A good example here is when I work with someone with Arthritis. These people may take 60 days to clean everything out of their Colon, but they still have Uric Acid in their joints and may need to go another 40 days with No Solid Food before all of the Uric Acid gets sucked out of the joints into the Colon and out the Body.

Anyway, I would love to hear what you have to say about one of the Colon’s Primary Jobs as a depository for all of the other waste matter throughout the body and I’m looking forward to your response.

Date: September 19, 2012 03:07PM

Hey John,

I don't disagree that the colon is one of the main channels of elimination or that the colon acts as a depository for other waste matter throughout the body. Mucoid plaque is another myth which has yet to be proven, despite mountains of these colon cleansing sites saying how common it is, no autopsies have ever found this mucoid plaque these sites refer to.

That being said i don't agree that every disease starts in the colon because we know that is simply not true in regards to the proven causes of many diseases. You mentioned adrenal issues, what if someone has a very harsh acute stress and develops adrenal fatigue as a result, where does toxic colon come in here.

That was just one example, i don't doubt poor gut flora balance, opportunistic overgrowths, leaky gut and such are factors in causing many diseases. But there is very little to no evidence proving toxic colon is as common as you believe, and if it truly was the cause of many diseases and conditions why aren't we seeing many if any cases of toxic colon occuring?

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 03:14PM by powerlifer.

Date: September 19, 2012 03:09PM

P.S. as a child I remember stealing raw potato wedges while mom was cutting them in preparation for the dinner. You know, when as a child you are hungry and can't wait until dinner is readywinking smiley My mom used to say, don't eat it, your stomach will hurt! But I ate some anyway, and remember them tasting alright, starchy but cool and fresh.

So I was wondering if juice is difficult to stomach taste-wise, would chewing on raw potato provide similar benefits?

Date: September 19, 2012 05:42PM

Hey Powerlifer,

<<<no autopsies have ever found this mucoid plaque>>>

First of all, I really don’t like the words “Mucoid Plague” because it sounds too much like Arterial Plague. I used to like it because it gave a good visual of what I used to think Mucoid Plague looked like or how it accumulated, but I have a whole different view of this process now and no longer see it as Dr. Norman Walker described it.

To get a better understanding of some of things we accumulate in our Intestines, take a look at this Video by the guy who invented the Colonoscopy. Indeed, a picture or a Video is worth a thousand words.

[www.youtube.com]#!
Dr Hiromi Shinya -- Colon therapy Alkaline Water
5:10 Minute Video

Now let’s take a quick look at just a few snippets from my file on Mucoid Plague:

Here is what another doctor said about Rich Anderson in his book, “Cleanse and Purify Thyself - Book Two”: “‘I have spent nearly twelve years working in the field of post-mortem diagnosis. I have seen many thousands of dissected cadavers. I have seen thousands of colons and intestinal tracts of all types of people and I want all of you here tonight to know that Rich Anderson is telling you the absolute truth. Everybody has it in there. We have a way of attaching a hose to the upper intestines and with the aid of powerful chemicals, we literally blow that “stuff” right out of the intestines. I have seen the heavy “beer belly” and so-called fat people lose all that bulk in five minutes. It wasn’t fat. It was the mucoid layers that Rich is talking about and in that filthy substance were all sorts of worms, bacteria, fungi, and many unidentifiable things. It is almost unbelievable that people can live with that filth in them. All these people were dead, of course, and it wasn’t hard to see why. You had better listen to what Rich is saying, and if you follow his program, you will certainly be glad you did.’” pp. 57-58

“Of the 300 autopsies performed at National College in Chicago, 285 (patients) had claimed they were not constipated and had normal movements and only 15 had admitted they were constipated. However, autopsies revealed the opposite to be the case…. Some of the histories of these 285 persons stated they had had as many as 5 or 6 bowel movements daily, yet autopsies revealed that in some of them the bowel was 12 inches in diameter. The bowel walls were encrusted with material (in one case peanuts which had been lodged there for a very long time.”

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Why Enemas???
Sophia (---.hirschassociates.com)
Date: 06-19-02 16:51

My friend, Dave, he just completed medical school in NYC. Part of the training is to open up and examine cadavers. He said that they all had hard stuff in there large and small intestines. He also said that all the gall bladders, if still intact, had a ton of stones in them. This topic came up because I had read from Dr. Bernard Jensen that the average person walks around with 20 lbs of fecal matter in there bodies. He didn't refute my claim, although he couldn't confirm. He said the stuff never gets weighed while you are in the classroom. My aunt, whom didn't believe me in the first place, was thoroughly grossed out.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

<<< i don't agree that every disease starts in the colon>>>

I agree, but it’s always a Contributing Factor and in most cases, it’s our #1 problem and is the best place for most of us to begin.

<<<But there is very little to no evidence proving toxic colon is as common as you believe, and if it truly was the cause of many diseases and conditions why aren't we seeing many if any cases of toxic colon occuring?>>>

It’s not so much a Toxic Colon as it is a Colon with too much Junk in the Trunk and now the Colon CANNOT do one of its Primary Jobs as a depository for all of the other waste matter throughout the body, which I now know you understand.

<<<if someone has a very harsh acute stress and develops adrenal fatigue as a result, where does toxic colon come in here.>>>

There are no separate Body parts. If you have problems with your Teeth, you have problems with your whole body. If you have problems with your Eyes, you have problems with your whole body. If you have problems with your Adrenals, you have problems with your whole body. As you well know, we call this Holistic Medicine. (Obviously, I’m not talking about anatomical problems due to Injuries.)

So, is it possible to develop Adrenal Fatigue by being over stressed?

I do not think a Healthy Body will develop Adrenal Fatigue just by being over stressed, unless the Stress is Extreme. Most Organs can do about 10 times what they need to do, so they can take a lot of abuse before a Warning Sign (i.e. Dis-ease) Manifests. However, some people might be born with Weak Adrenals and when their Colon becomes Impaired, those Toxins are going to Accumulate in areas of Poor Circulation, especially our Glands which are like sponges.

So an Impaired Colon is a Contributing Factor. In other words, if the Colon was Not Impaired and if the Body was Not full of Waste Matter everywhere as a result, the Adrenals could handle the Stress better. It’s sort like the Straw that breaks the Camel’s Back. If the Camel didn’t already have such a heavy load, adding a few more Straws are Not going to make as much of a difference, unless you were born with Weak Adrenals and instead of being able to do 10 times what they need to do operating at 1000% they may only be operating at 200% or even 50%. This explains why some people develop certain Conditions and other do not despite the fact that they are both making the same Lifestyle Mistakes and are exposed to the same Conditions.

Now let’s say that our Colon is Not Impaired and the Stress is Extreme and we do develop Adrenal Fatigue. As soon as the Stress is Removed, the Adrenals should recover very quickly. However, if the whole Body has Waste Matter everywhere because the Colon CANNOT do one of its Primary Jobs as a depository for all of the other Waste Matter throughout the body, then we are going to have get the Colon working again and Support our Adrenals as long as they are Not doing their Job.

Since we live in such Stressful times, your point is well taken and must always be considered when we use a Holistic Approach. Indeed, this is a big mistake many Natural Hygienists make and I sure do understand why you might be offended by some of their Blanket Statements.

As always, thanks for sharing your ideas.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 05:47PM by John Rose.

Date: September 19, 2012 08:44PM

<<<…bullying, fingering others as psychopathic…>>>

Raw4ever,

I hope you are still following this thread because I would LOVE for you to give me examples of me BULLYING anyone. I am NOT a BULLY!!! In fact, I defend those who are being BULLIED, especially by PSYCHOPATHS. If you can give me examples, I will be more than Willing to apologize, but since I am NOT a BULLY, I have a Feeling that it is only your Interpretation based on only 7% of the available Communication.

Now as far as fingering others as Psychopaths, I have only Identified 1 Psychopath on this Website and I will Not post their behavior here again as to NOT inflict anymore Pain on those she has affected. However, if you want me to email you personally, I’ll show you all of the Posts that have convinced me that this person is Lacking Empathy, which is the most important Criterion for being a Psychopath.

Now some of you might be wondering why I am so obsessed with Psychopaths in general. Well, I know that Psychopaths are the main reason why so many people are Suffering around the world ever since we became Sick and Dis-Connected and all you have to do to spot a Psychopath is look for people who Attack the Truth or Defend other Psychopaths, which is why I am always suspect of anyone who SCREAMS - Conspiracy Theory! Psychopaths want everyone to believe that the things they do are just Conspiracy Theories. Unfortunately, very few people know what’s going on so they just Parrot what Psychopaths want us to say by way of the Media which they Control.

So Identifying people who are Protecting other Psychopaths by claiming everything is a Conspiracy Theory is not the only Criterion - they must also be Attacking the Truth. Since I’ve been working 24/7 for 22 years trying to figure out how to get our Message about Raw Food out to the masses, the one thing I can spot a mile away is a PSYCHOPATH. All I ask everyone to do is just pay attention because Psychopaths are Predictable - they have NO EMAPTHY and that’s something they CANNOT hide.

Once again, please give me examples for the things you’ve accused me of so I can apologize if I need to.

Thanks again for EVERYONE’S Feedback. When it comes to EMPATHY and other people suffering, I have NO EGO and everything everyone says helps me in ways very few will ever understand.

Peace and Love………John

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2012 08:53PM by John Rose.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: September 20, 2012 03:29AM

Paranoia will destroy ya!

Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables