Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How much raw food would be good?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 24, 2006 11:00PM

I would like to eat more raw foods in my diet, but I am not interested in becoming a total raw food eater. What percentage of raw food in my diet would be considered as acceptable to keep me in good health?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much raw food would be good?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 24, 2006 11:05PM

Keep increasing the amount of raw food until you feel healthy. Everybody is different, there is no formula, you've just gotta figure out what is going to work for you.

Ian.

Date: October 25, 2006 01:26AM

A minimum of 80% raw is a good place to start. Make sure the other 20% is healthy!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 25, 2006 01:30AM

It's all according to YOUR goal....but increasing your healthy percentage will make you proportionately more sensitive to crap! LOL.

-Just my opinion / experience.

-David Mason

Date: October 25, 2006 07:52PM

Dear Mike

I think 80 percent might be too high, there would be nothing practilly left to eat. I think I will start with a daily salad and work my way up.

Your concept of eating raw foods I think is an excellent idea, but I do not find it practical in today's society. I could probably work my way to eventually be 80 percent raw food, but I would have a family rebellion if I attempted such thing at home.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 25, 2006 08:05PM

Oh trust me, there are plenty of raw things to eat at 80% raw!! !smiling smiley And lots of yummy things, I might add. Like David said, once you add more and more raw food to your diet, your body becomes very sensitive to unhealthy food! I have experienced that myself a few times!

Just take it slow and do what you can. The mroe raw food you eat, the better you feel, and then you will just keeping adding more and more raw food to your diet. Best of luck to you!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: October 25, 2006 08:46PM

I'm an RN, and the little old dying people eat a raw salad everyday... and look where they are with all their diseases and senility. A salad a day never cured any of them or made them pounce into good health.

You need to be a little more aggressive than that, buddie, and I think eating a salad a day for starters is for pansies... In today's society anyways, with all the cooked junk people eat nowadays..... that is... if you really want to see results.

75-80% raw is about where to start if you want to see a difference in your health. 20-25% is plenty of beans, grains & eggs if you are a vegetarian, and if you eat meat, 25% meat and potatoes is plenty....

Posted by: Brand new heart ()
Date: October 25, 2006 08:48PM

What percentage of raw food in my diet would be considered as acceptable to keep me in good health?

That's a tough question. What is good health for you? To be free of diseases? With all respect, there are no guarantees in this world.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:18PM

i'm with Rawrr-
25% of your diet, mainly one good meal, not raw is quite satisfying. i went 100% raw and then added cooked food back in, picking and choosing what worked for me.

now i range between 75% and 100% raw, and i don't feel deprived. if i want a warm vegetable soup and chocolate during the winter, i have it. if i want potatoes or (goodness gracious) meat, i have it guiltlessly. because the majority of my diet is so clean and so cleansing that whatever cooked food i have one day, my body is recovered in two.

so 80% raw might sound hard, but if you are creative (like many here are) you won't be limited to salads alone, and you will find yourself eating more raw foods than you expect, and enjoying your other foods more as you make them with more awareness.

peace-
Mama Cass

Posted by: khale ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:54PM

yeah, 80% raw is not hard at all and is especially cleansing and beneficial if you eat raw for breakfast and lunch as you've to all extents and purposes accomplished a daily modified fast.

Fruit for breakfast as a smoothie or salad takes care of one raw meal and a large salad or crudites with a good quacamole or other dip and you've taken care of another raw meal at lunch. If you keep your evening meal healthy and include something raw (or lightly steamed) when possible (another salad or sliced tomatoes or cole slaw or a pico de galo with beans) you are well on your way to 80% raw and, in my opinion, much better health.

good luck,

khale

Date: October 26, 2006 07:29PM

well I decided to increase my intake of raw food a little higher. I am now eating more salads and I have recently begun to eat more fruit, so I would say that I eat a meal a day all natural, so that being about 1/3 of my daily meals should place me about .33 percent raw. not a bad start I recon.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 26, 2006 07:37PM

whatever you feel is best..is my answer.. it is something you need to just experiment on and find out on your own.. I hope this helps you...good luck..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables