Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Paranoid
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 25, 2006 02:22AM

Since going 75% raw, I have been frequently in fear that I may be doing harm to my body. I have noticed changes but I am not sure if they are real or my perception (since I have been looking @ my body closer than ever before). Some of my phobias (maybe realities) have been hair loss and dental problems. I guess I need advice/ support. Has anyone else felt this way before and if so how has it been dealt with?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paranoid
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 25, 2006 03:01AM

1. You can use nutrient search tools and a nutrient calculator online to be sure you aren't missing anything, if you are, supplement for the things in which your diet is weak or nonexistent (b12, d2). Some plant based diets are consistently weak in zinc also. RDAs are not perfect but they are pretty consistent from country to country where expected background diets are different except for the calcium requirement (probably too high in the USA) and the vitamin C requirement (probably too low in the USA).

2. Blend or use the food processor, bioavailability of nutrients is enhanced when you break down the fibrous matrix of your veggies.

3. You can use potential renal acid load charts to guide your diet to a state of slight alkalinity. It's pretty simple for raw foodists-- this probably means not overdoing it on most nuts and seeds.

You don't have to do any of these things consistently, a lot of people never do them. But they might help you to gain confidence at first.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables