Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need proven recipie for Rawluck in 3 days
Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: October 25, 2006 03:31PM

I am pretty new to this raw thing and have found a support group. They are having a potluck this Saturday. Does anyone have a delicious and proven winner of a recipie that isn't too difficult for a beginner?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need proven recipie for Rawluck in 3 days
Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: October 25, 2006 03:45PM

Hi,

Try either: Juliano's Spicy fruit soup.

The choc brownies on the recipe forum, but add a few drops of water to the base or it will be too crumbly.

Or sushi is SOOOoo easy and always wins people over:
Untoasted Nori sheets from a health store, stuff with alfalfa, avocado slices, sliced sweet pepper or carrot ot cucumber... what ever you have. They take MINUTES to make. Take some wasabi and Nama shoyu or braggs with you to dip. Or make a dip with fresh chilli, garlic, ginger, lime juice and honey or agave.

Have fun there. Don't fret about the recipe, the most important thing is that beginners actually attend!

Regs
Anna

Date: October 25, 2006 03:55PM

Somehow none of those sound too appetizing just yet, but I will try one or two. My taste buds haven't moved as quickly as I might like.

In fact, I have started with mostly fruits,dried fruits, nuts and fresh juice. My taste for veggies has dissappeared altogether! They almost make me nauseous. I guess it must take more time. I used to LOVE raw veggies!

Date: October 25, 2006 04:00PM

I just checked the recipie section! Wow! I hadn't gone there yet. I will try the brownies. Thanks!

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: October 26, 2006 07:01PM

Here's something that I LOVE. It's not the #1 healthiest thing that I eat, but I've found that even people who eat the SAD like it. My hubby's loves it.

This was origially posted by "24 Carrots" on the recipe forum. (I miss her and wish that she'd come back. She moved to Texas and posted that she would be off-line for a while. I think that was back in June! Where the heck are ya 24? Did you up and run off with a cowbyoy?)

Anyhoo - here ya go.

MELTED QUESO/CHEESE BALL

Blend until creamy:

1 large red, orange or yellow bell ppper (NOT green)

1/4 cup water

1 cup pine nuts

1T raw tahini

3T nutritional yeast

1t tumeric

1@1/2 tsp sea salt

4T onion

1T minced chives

2 cloves garlic

2T lemon juice

I play around with the recipe. Since pine nuts are pricey - I use 1/2 cup each of pine nuts and sunflower seeds - still tastes great.

I also leave the water out in order to make it thicker. I have to literally beg my clunky old blender to get the job done!

Also, I sometimes add a chipotle pepper (not raw) or cayenne.

You can put it on raw crackers, thin it for a salad dressing, use it as a dip for veggies, thin it down with almond milk and and have a cheesy soup with brocolli, etc. Lots of options.

Life Is Good!

alive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables