Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cancer foods
Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: October 25, 2006 05:04PM

Hi everyone!

Need your help here:

What kind of foods should cancer-patients NOT eat in the Living Food/raw food perspective.

Is it all the nightshadow-veggies? Anything else?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cancer foods
Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: October 25, 2006 05:14PM

Avoid sugar, yeast, funghi.
Read Gabriel Cousens RAINBOW GREEN LIVE GREEN CUISINE and Green for Life Victoria Boutenko.
Regs
Anna

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: October 25, 2006 05:15PM

Any acid forming foods. See Dr. Robert Young's book The PH Miracle.

Date: October 26, 2006 07:39PM

Thanks!

Do you have any direct example to NOT to eat?

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: October 26, 2006 07:51PM

Don't juice oranges. I do know that much.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 26, 2006 07:51PM

I agree...nothing fermented or krauts...try to not eat agave or honey..just fruit if any sweet at all..good luck! You willl do fine!!

Date: October 27, 2006 05:10PM

Thank you girls!

Why should they not eat any fermented or krauts?

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 27, 2006 10:48PM

>>Avoid sugar, yeast, funghi<<

fungi - actually many mushrooms are great for boosting your immune system, like shiitake, maitake, agaricus, reishi, and cordyceps. Maitake I think is the best at boosting your natural killer cells, but they're all valuable.

sugar - sugar cannot be avoided, but PROCESSED sugar should be avoided at all costs. when sugar comes combined with fiber and phytonutrients it is much healthier than pure sucrose or fructose. the best way to get your sugar/carbs is with pigment-rich fruits like berries and figs.

also, exercise is shown to decrease cancer occurrence and reccurrence. makes sense because exercise boosts your immune system.

i would also FOCUS on eating lots of leafy greens (try green smoothies), and good sources of fat like fresh nuts and seeds.

Date: October 28, 2006 09:09AM

Brian Clement doesn't use any fruit for Cancer-patients. I have also seen that when we give fruity dishes the cancer grows. Especially dried fruits, soaked and mixed with extra water; it still grows.

Thanks all! Any more tips!?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 28, 2006 09:46AM

Healthybun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brian Clement doesn't use any fruit for
> Cancer-patients. I have also seen that when we
> give fruity dishes the cancer grows. Especially
> dried fruits, soaked and mixed with extra water;
> it still grows.
>

In Mech Ageing Dev. 1994 Oct 20;76(2-3):201-14, rats who ate fruit had fewer and smaller tumors than those for which fruit was omitted.

If I were diagnosed with cancer I would definitely keep fruit in my diet.

Date: October 29, 2006 10:27AM

Interesting.. But why does Cousens and Clement avoid fruits?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 29, 2006 10:41AM

I can see why they would caution against too much fruit or only fruit, it would be very difficult to meet one's vitamin, mineral, amino acid, and fatty acid needs on such a diet for most people, it might also lead to too much sugar in substrates not ideal for our GI tracts.

Also there can be therapeutic value for some people in limiting them.

But I would also caution against a permanent and frank elmination of 100% of all fruits. They can provide a tasty source of calories without too much bulk.

For most people, it's better to include fruits, both sweet and nonsweet, some nuts and/or seeds (we don't need too much), leaves, and other vegetables. All of these food groups have something to offer in the diet and the more of them we eliminate, the higher our risks for deficiencies becomes.

I get between 30-40% of my energy from sweet fruits and another 10-20% from nonsweet fruits. Most people would probably be ok with that but everyone is different.

Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 09, 2006 03:54AM

If it were me, I would minimize fruit consumption and increase the leafy greens, especially the leafy green vegetable juices.

Date: November 09, 2006 02:23PM

Yes, I have heard that fruit "feeds" the cancer cells so they can grow. Healthy people who wants to get healthier, can eat fruits, but not cancer-people.

Well, that's what I have heard anyway.

What do you think? (Yes, I love it when David Mazon says that.. winking smiley)

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: November 09, 2006 09:09PM

Eat more vegatables. It probably wouldn't hurt to eat some steamed potatoes either for some extra energy and the alkalizing effects. Drink the potatoe broth after the potatoes to get the extra enzymes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables