Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I agree with John Rose.....
Posted by: jmac67 ()
Date: October 13, 2012 10:25PM

After 40-odd years on a SAD diet I had reached the point where I was beginning to feel a bit like a crumbling, old man...

My body had many aches + pains of varying discomfort, I would get skin rashes + eruptions, blocked ears, I had elevated blood pressure, occasional heart pangs, painful knees, a stiff + uncomfortable lower back, inflamed, receding + painful gums + teeth, 25lbs of excess fat on my body, extreme lethargy, bloating, indigestion, constipation and more...

I was doing pretty well after 8mths on 100% 801010, with many of the above symptoms having either reduced significantly or disappeared.

However, my bodyfat level was stuck at 17% and refusing to drop any further, my H20 Hydration level was much lower than I had hoped for (55%) + also refusing to budge, my digestion was still very poor, I still had constipation at times, my strength was way, way down and my energy level was often very, very low.....

Bottom line was that after 8 months on 801010, even though I was doing pretty
well in the big scheme of things, and way better than previously on SAD, I never actually felt good! I never felt vibrant or energetic or uplifted or alive!

So, I got to thinking + investigating + studying further cos I knew that something wasn't working quite right...

Well, everything lead me back to poor digestion, assimilation, absorption + elimination..... ie the whole digestive + eliminative pathways.

And that in turn lead me right back to where my journey began... my Mum's bowel cancer diagnosis in 2006.

And that lead me back to..... yes, Juicing again!

Back to Norman Walker + Charlotte/Max Gerson, with the addition of quite a number of articles from other Juicing Advocates/Experts, in particular John Rose + Dr Schulze.

Juicing cleanses the entire digestive tract + within minutes the multitude of Vitamins + Minerals are 100% digested, absorbed + assimilated.

Juicing naturally stimulates the eliminative organs.... ie Kidneys, Liver, Lungs, Skin + Bowel.

And it does all this without the enervation + severe detox of Water Fasting.

So, I decided that I was going to do a 100 day Juice Feast (50% Vegetable + 50% Fruit Juices) but also including the whole foods if desired.

From all my research I decided upon a protocol of, first thing every morning, make 4 Litres of fresh Juice for the day (takes me 1hr).

Drink the Juice throughout the day + then eat whatever Fruit I desire as well (super-juicy, delicious Mangos for the past 3 months now!).

So, for 36 days straight I released endless, uncontrollable, explosive, multitudinous, bright green, watery bowel movements with lots of Waste, Bile + Mucous.... sometimes up to twenty bowel movements a day!

My Bowel movements were so explosive, violent, uncomfortable + unpredictable that I often couldn't go out at all for days on end for fear of soiling myself in public + buffalo-spraying everyone around me! ;-(

So, in effect, this was just like my earlier 28 day Coconut Water Fast, but with this one I was consuming far more Calories.

I hypothesized that the only mistake I had made previously on the Coconut Water fast was stopping it before I had fully cleansed + detoxed... (I, in fact, only stopped it because some friends from the UK came to came to visit me in Phuket)

This time I was determined to keep going with my Juice Feast until full cleansing + detox had been achieved.....

On Days 37 and 38 I had even more free-flowing Bowel Movements than usual and with much more Mucous than usual... and the BMs felt more like 'releases' just falling out of me... tricky to explain, but the BMs on these two days felt like an intelligent organism inside me saying, "Right, I've had enough of this now, let's get outta here!"

And then Day 39..........
I woke up feeling very light of spirit, energized + strong.
Totally different to the previous 38 days.

I drank my 4 Litres of fresh juice and 2 Litres of H20..... and not a single Bowel Movement throughout the entire day!

No digestive symptoms, no tummy discomfort, no violent, unpredictable, gushing or explosive diarrhaea or fatigue!

Just pure, endless, light, uplifting energy the whole day. Sheer Joy!

Day 40.... same as the previous day.... light, energized + strong.
I worked at a shelter for abused, abandoned + sick dogs all day in 85 degree heat, walking the dogs, jogging around the place, brushing them, picking the dogs up to carry them over bridges etc... some of the dogs being super-nervous, frightened + sensitive due to a history of abuse + neglect...

Energy Level Pure, Clean, Crisp, Constant, Uplifting + Unwavering "all" day!

That was a while back + it has remained the same ever since....

Workouts are going great.
Energy level is awesome.
Bodyfat now 14% and going down effortlessly at roughly 1/2 % per month (was 17% in April).
H20 (body hydration level) now 67% (was 55% in April).
Strength improving rapidly.
Bowel Movements are normal, regular + effortless.
I feel a childlike "joie de vivre".
I literally feel like I'm 20 years old again. (I'm actually 45yrs old)

And so it appears to me that what my Mentor Arnold Ehret said was true for me too....

"All other dietetics are mainly wrong because they lay their stress on the "food" instead of on the "Cleansing + Eliminating" values and their efficiency before the healing process can even start at all.

You CANNOT Rebuild + Regenerate a body until you have thoroughly ‘CLEANSED’ it
of Toxaemic Poisons, Mucous + Waste.

My experience during the past ten years has proven, by the rapid recovery of all diseases after the colon was cleansed, that in the colon itself lays the basic cause of almost all human ailments."

My case is not an isolated one.... I know of many Juicing testimonials demonstrating similar healing.

4 Litres of fresh Juice per day is the central foundation of the Gerson Therapy for healing cancer...

So, I'd like to say a big 'thank you' to John Rose, whose discussions + articles about the health benefits of Juicing, which I have been reading behind the scenes over the past few weeks + months, gave me added inspiration to have another go at Juice Feasting...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I agree with John Rose.....
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: October 13, 2012 11:14PM

And what is your diet now?

Juicing?
Fruit vs veg amounts?

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 14, 2012 12:30AM

what kind of juice did you make? I am happy you are feeling better.

Date: October 14, 2012 02:19AM

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 13, 2012 08:22AM

That's an amazing testimony to juice feasting! What's the difference between feasting and fasting?

When you were 100% raw for 8 months, did you eat any grains - like raw oats or grain sprouts? Also did you do any juicing or blending for those 8 months? Did you lose weight when you did the juice feast? That's what keeps me from a juice fast - I'm a skinny raw foodist. I wonder how a combination of juice feasting and blending would work to prevent losing weight. Liquidarian.

We're also having fun discussing philosophy and sociology with John Rose

Date: October 14, 2012 02:20AM

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 13, 2012 08:40AM

thanks for sharing your story!

Date: October 14, 2012 02:21AM

Date: October 13, 2012 09:28AM

Juice Feasting is a 'minimum' of 4 litres of fresh fruit/vegetable juice per day.

Juice 'Fasting' is typically significantly less than 4 litres of juice per day.

No grains or oats or sprouts.... only low fat, raw fruits + vegetables.

During the 8 months of 801010 I did loads of Smoothies (ie Blending) but no Juicing.

So, to put it into perspective, Smoothies did not allow my body to 'cleanse + heal' effectively.

For me, it was the 'Juicing' that cleansed me + unclogged my whole body system.

I lost 'fat' whilst Juicing, but no lean body mass.

I'm no expert, but from my personal experience....

The fact that you are already underweight is really neither here nor there.

If you are underweight, overweight or sick in any way, in all 3 cases you need to Juice in order to cleanse + heal your body, first + foremost.

The Juicing will cleanse + heal your digestive + eliminative systems + unclog your bodily organs.

Only then will you be able to digest, absorb + assimilate nutrients effectively from the foods that you eat.

And only then will you be able to effectively 'put on' healthy weight in the form of lean body mass through weight training.

Dr Schulze will tell you that some of his severely underweight clients have 'put on' weight during a Juice Feast.

And I'm sure John Rose can advise you in this area too.

If I were you, I'd do eaxactly what I have done....

ie Juice 4 litres a day of fruit/vegetable juice + then, in addition, eat as much low fat fruit + veg as you desire and drink as many smoothies as you desire.

But the 4 litres of Juice per day is the basis, the foundation, the key to everything.... in my view.

And wear 'nappies' when you go out! ;-)

Date: October 14, 2012 02:22AM

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 13, 2012 11:04AM

I would do juice feasts all the time if I could pay someone to do the juicing for me. At first, I really liked juicing, but then at a certain point it felt like factory work. I have a Champion juicer. Are there any juicers that actually make it easy?

Date: October 14, 2012 02:23AM

Date: October 13, 2012 05:06PM

Hey HH,

6 years ago I bought a 'Norwalk' juicer, which I'm sure you know about.

The quality of the Norwalk Juicer + the Juice it produced were both unsurpassed.

But, it took so long + it was such a chore to make large quantities of juice + clean-up that, like you, in the end I quit! And I sold the Norwalk.

I then bought a Green Power Hippocrates Juicer (twin-gear, masticating Juicer)

Another fabulous quality juicer + a little faster to make juice + clean-up than the Norwalk.

But, again, over time, I found it extremely time-consuming + hard work to consistently make 'large quantities' of juice daily.... so I quit again.

I knew that 'centrifugal' juicers were generally frowned upon because of the high speed of the spinning parts, the heat + oxidation and the resultant inferior quality juice.

But, I had already learned the lesson through experience that the Juicer you use 'daily' is the best juicer for your health.

So, I spent 2 months researching the best, affordable 'centrifugal' juicers that I could find...

I'm not affiliated to any juicer companies or anything like that... these were the best centrifugal juicers that I could find, at an affordable price...

They are both very quick, you can chuck whole apples in, entire bunches of celery, whole carrots, whole cucumbers etc, the pulp is very dry for a centrifugal juicer, they don't leak, the juice is not heated at all, clean-up is very quick + easy, they are very well-designed juicers... I have been using my Philips for 1 year + it's still going strong, like new...

1. Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite £200
2. PHILIPS HR1871 JUICER £160

I feel that a high quality 'citrus juicer' is also extremely valuable for quickly making Orange juice and is highly portable if travelling... I own the Braun + it does an excellent job.

1. Braun Citromatic MPZ9 £30 (small unit + great for travelling)
2. Breville 800CPXL £150 (large unit, but will likely last a lifetime)

So, to this day I Juice 4 litres of juice first thing in the mornings, drink 1 litre whilst I'm making the juice, put the other three litres in sealed containers in the fridge, drink them throughout the day + eat whatever low-fat fruits + vegetables I desire, in addition.

It takes me 1 hour to Juice the 4 litres + clean-up.

I reckon that's a pretty good return on my time invested when you consider how amazing I feel as a result! And I easily make up that hour and some with the extra, positive energy I have throughout the day.

And also pretty good when you consider how long some people spend preparing regular, cooked + gourmet foods.

TIP: Juice 4 Litres 'first thing' every morning... then you feel like a King for the rest of the day.

My regular, daily juices...approx 50% Fruit + 50% Vegetables...

1. Apple, Carrot, Cucumber, Celery + Lemon Juice (my most popular juice)
2. Orange Juice
3. Pineapple Juice

I also chuck in Romaine with apples or pineapples.

If a Juice is too sweet for you, just add water or more vegetable Juice.

I've never juiced wheatgrass or sprouts or anything like that + I don't use any magic powders or supplements.

I only like to eat or juice fruits + vegetables that taste 'good' to me in their raw, unadulterated state.

Date: October 14, 2012 02:25AM

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 13, 2012 05:22PM

jmac67-

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that. It's incredibly generous of you. I'm going to copy and paste that into my files and use for reference when I start looking.

Date: October 14, 2012 02:26AM

Re: I agree with John Rose..... new
Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: October 13, 2012 08:07PM

In the fall of 2008 I did 45 days of juice and the lemon aid cleanse.
Can't recomend that enough.
I was using a KK juicer and press.
I have now made my own better press with a champion juicer as a grinder.

Date: October 14, 2012 02:43AM

Hey Fresh,

This is my first ever post and I started it in the wrong Forum... 'other topics'.
So, I copied + pasted those discussions across to this forum.

The info above will probably answer most of your questions...

But, in essence, my diet now is 4 litres of Juice in the mornings made up of 50% Fruit + 50% Vegetables.... my most popular one being Apple, Carrot, Cucumber, Celery + Lemon/Lime.

Each litre of juice made up of approx 5 apples, 2 large carrots, 2 Thai cucumbers, 4 sticks of celery + 8 Thai limes (each one being about 2/3rds the size of a golf ball)

I drink 1 litre of Juice whilst I'm juicing and seal the other 3 litres in containers in the fridge + drink them throughout the day.

And then I also eat whatever fruits or vegetables that appeal to me... mostly mangos but also bananas, dates, tomatoes, Romaine lettuce, figs, watermelon + longkong.

At the moment, I am consuming around 2'000 cals per day.

Date: October 14, 2012 02:56AM

Hey michelemm,

Please see my responses above for which Juices I made + still make....

This is my basic protocol below...

Sweet FRUIT Base....

Usually Apples,

but also

Pineapples.
Oranges.
Coconut Water.
Grapes + Berries.

Add Lemons/Limes for a refreshing 'zing' and as an awesome liver, gall bladder + kidney cleanser.

And ADD in the MINERALS...

Carrots
Cucumber
Celery +
Romaine.

I tend to do approx a 50% Fruit + 50% Vegetables mix.

When I started, I preferred more Fruit Juice 70%, to Vegetable Juice 30%.

The more I juice, the more I lean towards a higher percentage of Vegetables.

This is a natural progression that I have noticed many other Juicers seem to do too.

That's basically it.
No funny stuff.
No superherbs, no supplements, no miracle powders, no magic potions...
I like to keep things simple. ;-)

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:03PM

Why so many lemons/Limes? Do we really need to juice fruits? Most are 90 percent water already

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2012 01:05PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: October 14, 2012 01:54PM

@ RawPracticalist...

It's not that much lemon/lime Juice... thai limes are very small.

The lemons/Limes add a great 'zing' to the juice + are excellent cleansers of the liver + gall bladder.

I ate the fruits in the form of 'wholefoods' for 8 months and did ok.

It was only when I started 'Juicing' that the truly spectacular results occurred for me.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:27PM

Wait, who is the first post from? Is this a quote from someone else's post or thread? Why are you thanking other people who haven't posted in this thread? Pardon my confusion!

If this is your personal story, jmac, then, congratulations! It's wonderful to hear that you are feeling so great, and I hope your health continues to improve and to stay strong smiling smiley

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:59PM

I agree liquidarianism rocks.Juicing is the way to go at least at the initial step in healing the entire system. It is all about nutrient absorption.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2012 04:00PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:03PM

jmac67, thanks for sharing, this is the kind of success that we need to see people having. This is how the body can heal it self when given the right stuff. It's amazing that it dosent happen just on a raw diet.

Date: October 14, 2012 09:06PM

@ Tamukha

Hey Tamukha, I wrote the 'original' post..... but it was my first ever post + I posted it in the 'wrong' forum.... 'other topics'.... so I 'copied + pasted' the responses from that forum + transferred them all to this 'forum'.... 'living + Raw Foods'.

You will note that many of my above posts are not actually from me.

If you look below my name + date, you will see the name of the 'actual' poster + the date of their post...

Date: October 14, 2012 09:19PM

Hey RawPracticalist,

I totally agree.

My feeling is that my digestive system was so seriously compromised that I simply was unable to digest, absorb + assimilate fruit + vegetables in their 'wholefood' form.

And my eliminative system was so severely compromised that I couldn't get all the toxins out of my body whilst eating fruit + vegetable 'wholefoods'.

The amount of bile that poured out of me for 38 days leads me to believe that my gall bladder + liver were also both completely clogged up.

The Juices cleared out all the bile + released all the blockages in my gall bladder + liver.

Once all the bile + mucous/candida was out of me, on Day 39, I became a totally renewed person, physically.

Date: October 14, 2012 09:34PM

Hey rzman10001,

I agree with you totally.

I thought that 801010 was the perfect diet..... so, I was confused + frustrated that after 8 months of 100% 801010 I still felt pretty crappy!

I, too, am amazed that I didn't get the results I was looking for on raw fruits + vegetables.

It's very clear to me now that my digestion, absorption, assimilation + eliminative systems were completely compromised + clogged up.

It took 4 litres of 'Juice' everyday for 38 days to cleanse + open up those pathways.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:45PM

You only ate fruits and vegetables, no nuts or seeds?

Date: October 14, 2012 10:47PM

Hey Utopian Life,

I drink 4 litres of fruit + vegetable juice each day.

And I eat whatever low-fat fruits + vegetables I desire.

I'm not eating nuts or seeds for now.

I will probably add small quantities of nuts + seeds back into my diet in the near future.

Date: October 15, 2012 12:08AM

other than the fact that graham doesn't recommend juicing
which is not a big difference
seems to me you are eating 811

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 01:28AM

jmac67, Thanks for posting. I feel that I'm not absorbing the nutrients I'm eating either. I will consider the juice fast. I love Ahret, too. Therese

Date: October 15, 2012 03:35AM

Hey Fresh,

Yes, basically I am doing 801010 in the form of 'juicing'.

But I did not 'cleanse or heal' efficiently eating 801010 for 8mths in the form of 'wholefoods'.

For me, this was the missing piece of the jigsaw...

"You CANNOT Rebuild + Regenerate a body until you have thoroughly ‘CLEANSED’ it
of Toxaemic Poisons, Mucous + Waste." Arnold Ehret

The 4 litres of 'Juice' everyday for 38 days cleansed my body of large quantities of toxaemic poisons, mucous + waste... now I feel infinitely better.

Date: October 15, 2012 03:47AM

Hey Therese,

I would say that most people in the world eating a SAD diet have severely compromised digestion, absorption, assimilation + elimination pathways.

Everything's clogged up.

This is bound to make you feel sluggish, tired, weak + overwhelmed.

Juicing literally flushed out all the toxaemic poison, mucous + waste out of my system.

But, it did take 4 litres of fresh juice everyday for 38 days to get there, so you do need to be committed! ;-)

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 15, 2012 03:02PM

Hey JMAC,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A GREAT TESTIMONIAL!!!

I never get tired of hearing from people who give their Bodies what it wants more than anything else and that’s a Solid Food Vacation where most if not all of their Food is in Liquid Form. In fact, I always get EXCITED whenever I hear of anyone starting, doing or finishing a Juice Feast because I’ve done this 1005 Days in the last 20 years on 136 different occasions and I’ve coached thousands of people and I KNOW that everyone is in for a TREAT when they take ~15 pounds of Nutrient Dense Produce and let a Juice Extractor do the work that they would have had to do if they ate all of that Food whole.

Indeed, this was a very pleasant way for me to start off my week and I would like to send a real BIG THANK YOU back to you JMAC for Sharing your Story. As Dr. Max Gerson’s most famous patient, Dr. Albert Schweitzer, once said, “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.”

Peace and Love..........John

Date: October 15, 2012 03:03PM

<<<Did you lose weight when you did the juice feast? That's what keeps me from a juice fast - I'm a skinny raw foodist. I wonder how a combination of juice feasting and blending would work to prevent losing weight.>>>

Hey KidRaw,

You won’t lose anything you’re not supposed to lose as long as you Drink a Lot of Juice!!! As JMAC said, you can actually gain weight on a Juice Feast. For example, I put 1 inch on my chest several years ago on a Juice Feast when I changed my routine from lifting weights to lifting me.

Date: October 15, 2012 03:05PM

<<<other than the fact that graham doesn't recommend juicing which is not a big difference seems to me you are eating 811>>>

Hey Gary,

Actually, this is a HUGE difference and is a major Flaw in Doug’s Approach as he does NOT understand the Ripple Effect and makes no allowances for the Condition of our Body. The fact that Doug does NOT recommend Juicing and even goes as far as saying that if you can’t do a Water Fast, that you should just “go on a Raw Foods Diet and NOT a Juicing Regime” shows that Doug does Not understand what Shelton meant when he said, “What good does it do a man to take food, even the finest food, if he is unable to digest and assimilate it?”

Since Doug knows that Water Fasting is no longer safe to do anymore unless one prepares for the Fast, why doesn’t he recognize or heed Shelton’s words and Modify what used to be the best preparation for a better Way of Life by doing a Juice Feast?

Date: October 15, 2012 03:32PM

you may be right. i'm not sure.

however it is still 811.
811 is a macronutrient ratio.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables