Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Journey Continues :-)
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 02, 2012 05:17AM

Dear friends,

The secret of succeeding on this path, I am totally convinced, is understanding that it is a journey of SPIRITUAL EVOLUTION. I have made many detours along the way, but I forgive myself, because I have been learning as I go. :-)

I keep returning to the liquidarian path, not as the final goal, but as a step toward my ultimate goal of living entirely on prana. I am not in a hurry to get ther, by any means. (I know better.) Have I been successful?-- yes, definitely, and no, I'm clearly not done! ;-)

Just recently I had a big chip fall off of one of my lower teeth, near the gum. I was a little bit horrified, but I turned away from the 'evidence,' meditated, and within 24 hours it had completely regenerated itself! And within another 3 days it had regenerated even further. My tooth is now stronger, denser, more healthy than ever before. On the one hand, I was not surprsied by this (I've been a student of spiritual healing for years.) But on the other hand, I was totally blown away by this little healing. Gratified beahyond measure.

So I am learning the the whole picture of spiritual growth and personal evolution is an unfolding story that reveals itself in surprising ways. We are spiritual beings. Letting go of 'material consciousness' is part of the secret, and overcoming our addiction to the idea that PHYSICAL, corporeal substance nourishes us, is another part of the secret that we as evolving spiritual beings are learning.

Tonya Zavasta, and others, quite rightly, have come to the realization that releasing our reliance on phsyical nourishnment/substance for a large portion of every 24 hours, allows us to begin to assimilate DIVINE sustenance, otherwise characterized as 'prana' or 'dark matter,' or 'cosmic energy.'

Sungazing? -- still a matter of living in the material world, partaking of material substance. A step in the right direction, for sure. :-) But the Cosmic Energy that the ancients assimialted, through their lifestyle, devotions and meditations, and abstinence from material form... is the Divine Substance which nourishes and gives us LIFE--- life that is not only 'long' and 'healthy,' but life that is fulfilling and perfected on many levels.

At this present moment, I have been subsisting (I refuse to call it 'fasting' because it is too nourishing and natural, and 'fasting' carries with it the concept of suffering and deprivation) on liquids for 4 days-- almost exclusively on lemonade made with agave' nectar, and a few other forms of liquid nourishment. I have done juice fasting and water fasting (up to 40 days of juice fasting, and 17 days of water fasting, many times, over a period of 30 years), and too mahy fasts and cleanses to count. I was raw vegan for some 30+ years. I am thankful for those years, even though I was confused at times and didn't always feel I was progressing (whatever that means). I can't look to the coming decades and know, for sure, that I will continue in the direction of raw veganism, but liquidarianism has been calling my name, so to speak, for many years, ever since I discovered Arnold Ehret's tooks in the 1970s when I was a young and confused 20-something. :-)

I have made an inner vow not to eat animal products from here on. That is a given for me at this point. With a liquidarian lifestyle, that goal will be easy to fulfill.

Love, joy and peace to all of you!--

Sharrhan

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Journey Continues :-)
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 02, 2012 09:12AM

Great post kwan. I am into liquidarianism and intermittent fasting. High water content food, juices, and 40 hours of dry fast per week.
Tonya Zavasta, wrote a great book in quantum eating my only objection to her approach is the choice of the optimal feeding time, she put it at noon. It is more fitting bioligical and socially to have it at night (6-8pm for me)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 02, 2012 12:10PM

I've missed you, kwan!!!

This was very intriguing to read, and it makes me glad that you have been away because you have been working on ascending to a new order of "you." I wish you all success in your endeavor. smiling smiley

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 02, 2012 04:15PM

great story kwan, I've also noticed a transition away from solid foods towards a more liquid diet (kefir and kombucha being my main favourites lately - I swear they have magical properties!). Dolores Cannon talks about this phenomenon in her latest interview on Gaiam TV (it's a subscribe site, but I highly recommend it, so much excellent info); how people are starting to evolve towards lighter bodies to help adjust to a new world.. awesome stuff smiling smiley

Posted by: HH ()
Date: November 02, 2012 07:59PM

Are you a volunteer soul? First waver here.

lisa m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> great story kwan, I've also noticed a transition
> away from solid foods towards a more liquid diet
> (kefir and kombucha being my main favourites
> lately - I swear they have magical properties!).
> Dolores Cannon talks about this phenomenon in her
> latest interview on Gaiam TV (it's a subscribe
> site, but I highly recommend it, so much excellent
> info); how people are starting to evolve towards
> lighter bodies to help adjust to a new world..
> awesome stuff smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 02, 2012 10:28PM

Kwan, I haven't read a more inspiring post in quite a long time here! I am utterly in awe of those who are able to juice feast/water fast for days on end. I wish one day to be able to do something to that effect. I don't know the specifics but I am going to order a book by Tonya Z. from a local library because I have never read here before.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: November 02, 2012 11:56PM

This was so inspiring. I am still in the early phases of going raw and not sure if I will sustain but one thing for sure, I am moving along spiritually as well.

I struggle with some aspects of veganism, however, in general, I am doing ok.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: November 03, 2012 09:09AM

kwan Wrote:
.....I keep returning to the liquidarian path, not as
> the final goal, but as a step toward my ultimate
> goal of living entirely on prana.

Kwan....I enjoyed reading your post. Perhaps there is no final, or ultimate, goal, but rather "The Path is the Goal" (Chinese Proverb), and let our personal Evolution carry us where it may. Or, in the Buddhist tradition, "The Middle-Way has no Middle", but is wildly different for each of us.
I agree totally with your Liquidarian approach. But don't let anyone know where you stand (this board being an exception)....Shhhh....Mums the Word......WY

Date: November 03, 2012 09:02PM

Great thoughts... of course, Buddhism totally reminds me to stop and enjoy the path. Stop worrying so much about my end goal.

THank you for the reminder. WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> kwan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> .....I keep returning to the liquidarian path, not
> as
> > the final goal, but as a step toward my
> ultimate
> > goal of living entirely on prana.
>
> Kwan....I enjoyed reading your post. Perhaps there
> is no final, or ultimate, goal, but rather "The
> Path is the Goal" (Chinese Proverb), and let our
> personal Evolution carry us where it may. Or, in
> the Buddhist tradition, "The Middle-Way has no
> Middle", but is wildly different for each of us.
> I agree totally with your Liquidarian approach.
> But don't let anyone know where you stand (this
> board being an exception)....Shhhh....Mums the
> Word......WY

Date: November 04, 2012 03:33AM

michelemm Wrote:
> THank you for the reminder. WheatgrassYogi Wrote:

And Thank You for writing. I very seldom get a response to my posts.
One final thought....

"It's the condition of your Nervous System that causes you to see the World as you do"......Alan Watts
I'm afraid all stimulants are out. That includes Fruit Sugar. I am having reactions to my Green Smoothies that have a good portion of Fruit. I have had to...'Go Green'......WY

Date: November 04, 2012 08:01PM

Just curious, what is your diet like currently?

I am new here.winking smileyWheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> michelemm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > THank you for the reminder. WheatgrassYogi
> Wrote:
>
> And Thank You for writing. I very seldom get a
> response to my posts.
> One final thought....
> "It's the condition of your Nervous System that
> causes you to see the World as you do"......Alan
> Watts
> I'm afraid all stimulants are out. That includes
> Fruit Sugar. I am having reactions to my Green
> Smoothies that have a good portion of Fruit. I
> have had to...'Go Green'......WY

Date: November 04, 2012 11:54PM

michelemm Wrote:
> Just curious, what is your diet like currently?

Mum's the Word. It's best not to discuss what you eat and drink. If you do, you open yourself up for attack......WY

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 05, 2012 01:35AM

HH Wrote:
> Are you a volunteer soul? First waver here.
>
> Hi HH - that's cool! Yeah, funny, me and my partner have been talking about that a lot.. I feel like I tick the boxes.. that 'homesick' feeling.. not having kids, etc. So yeah, maybe smiling smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 08, 2012 04:19PM

Wow! So many wonderful responses! :-)
I made a conscious decision to wait awhile before I checked back to see if anybody had left replies, so this is the first time I've been back to the forum to look. Wonderful!
Well, what can I add? I can't really explain precisely what my menu is comprised of or when I partake, because it's all subtly shifting and changing as I continue to try to figure out what works and what doesn't.
I agree wholeheartedly with you, Raw Practicalist, about eating in the evening rather than early in the day. I try to fast during the day-- which is usually quite easy, because I don't get hungry till after 4pm-- and have my 'meal' (which is usually juice and/or lemonade or smoothie) around 5 or 6pm.
Lisa, Tonya Zavasta is great-- she really has done her homework, and I highly recommend her book 'Quantum Eating.' But like Raw Practicalist, I'd recommend maybe changing your eating/drinking time to evening; recent research published by Dr. Mercola in his newsletter has confirmed that the proper time to detoxify is during the daylight hours, and one should eat at night. Some will contest this-- no argument! Whatever works-- do it. :-) I just find it interesting, because I have always had an easy time of intermittent fasting as long as I follow this protocol.
Totally agree, too, that the journey is really the goal. I am not sure where all of this is leading; I just know that my intuition brings me back to juicing again and again, and I feel so much better when I follow my instincts.
WY-- I agree! (MUM's the word.) I do the best I can, and I think I have a pretty healthy approach. That's all I will volunteer. And I don't eat any animal products. At the moment I'm feeling like it's time to do some water fasting, but I'm not sure when I'll be up to it. On a camping trip, that is an easy thing to do, because I can lie around in the tent for a week or 2 and relax and meditate. But here in the city I have obligations every day, and it takes quite a bit of discipline. WISH ME LUCK!
Tamukha-- missed you too! <3
I'll try to check back a little more often and stay in touch with all of you.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables