Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: quinoa
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 02, 2015 07:43PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why admonish someone who is trying to make raw
> work for them, but are not yet raiding to go 100%'
> as was the cas with Shiji?

I wouldn't. Characteristically, however, john hitler was a good guy john does though. I think he may even have a thread on it on page one of this site you could read if you don't believe me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 02, 2015 07:47PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Prana Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why admonish someone who is trying to make raw
> > work for them, but are not yet raiding to go
> 100%'
> > as was the cas with Shiji?
>
>
>
> I wouldn't. Characteristically, however, john
> hitler was a good guy john does though. I think he
> may even have a thread on it on page one of this
> site you could read if you don't believe me.

* His thread with the admonitions has moved now to page 2 I see.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 02, 2015 07:58PM

ZeuS the @#$%& wrote:

<<<There were no quote marks in your post to allow readers to know if it was you was saying something or if you were just cut and pasting what someone else said. All careful writers use quote marks when they are quoting someone else.>>>

The whole post by Shiji was in quotation marks by way of the beginning and ending URLs!!!

Whenever I post someone else's post or even one of my older posts or an Article or information from another website, I always use the URLs at the beginning and at the end. Go back and look at every post where I post other posts or Articles or information from another website and I am VERY CONSISTENT!!!

So when you go back and look at my post in question, you will clearly see that there is a beginning URL and an ending URL and the Poster's name was right where it always is.

Once again, your comprehension skills leave much to be desired.

Date: February 02, 2015 08:04PM

Date: November 15, 2012 01:00PM

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Grains, fruits, alkalinity, cultivation, and lethargy
Shiji (---.du.uplink.net)
Date: 08-25-02 20:12

Someone on this board once made a claim like "there are allot of alkaline grains." I didn't care much at the time, however recent research has shown this to be very false. Technically speaking according to factual botanical definition, buckwheat, quinoa, and amaranth are FRUITS and NOT grains but they are generally included with the grain group, and are far more alkaline then their actual grain counterparts, such as white/brown rice, wheat, barley, rye, and oats. Wild rice, though technically a grass (but not a rice) is the most alkaline true grain.

Sprouting may make true grains more alkaline, but still, sprouting the fruits-that-are-mistaken-as-grains will still rate you higher on alkalinity. Its interesting to note, that amaranth was prized by the Aztecs, quinoa by the Inca's, and wild rice by the Native Americans; all intelligent ancient cultures. Why are the widely cultivated crops always nutritionally inferior? Why can't we adopt these better choices?

Anyway, I've been eating cooked grains again at every meal, and I have been incredibly fatigued as a result for the past two days. I think it may have to do with my usage of grains instead of the fruits mentioned above. I will either balance the fruits with the grains, such as quinoa with oats, and wild rice with brown rice, or just use the fruits instead, I'm not sure as of yet. I bought an organic 10-sprouted grain/fruit bread, and I think that’s going well.

If you didn't read my earlier post, I will point out now that the only reason I am eating a little cooked food now is for control and stability, so that I am not caught in a trap of binge eating once again.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are the quote marks? I don't see them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 08:06PM by SueZ.

Date: February 02, 2015 08:11PM

Prana wrote:

<<<Why admonish someone who is trying to make raw work for them, but are not yet raiding to go 100%' as was the cas with Shiji?>>>

Who are you referring to?

I added this old post by Shiji to this thread only because I thought this part of Shiji's post was interesting - "Technically speaking according to factual botanical definition, buckwheat, quinoa, and amaranth are FRUITS and NOT grains but they are generally included with the grain group, and are far more alkaline then their actual grain counterparts, such as white/brown rice, wheat, barley, rye, and oats."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 08:13PM by John Rose.

Date: February 02, 2015 08:39PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Re: quinoa
>
> Posted by: John Rose ()
>
> Date: November 15, 2012 01:00PM
>
>
>
> Grains, fruits, alkalinity, cultivation, and
> lethargy
> Shiji (---.du.uplink.net)
> Date: 08-25-02 20:12
>
> Someone on this board once made a claim like
> "there are allot of alkaline grains." I didn't
> care much at the time, however recent research has
> shown this to be very false. Technically speaking
> according to factual botanical definition,
> buckwheat, quinoa, and amaranth are FRUITS and NOT
> grains but they are generally included with the
> grain group, and are far more alkaline then their
> actual grain counterparts, such as white/brown
> rice, wheat, barley, rye, and oats. Wild rice,
> though technically a grass (but not a rice) is the
> most alkaline true grain.
>
> Sprouting may make true grains more alkaline, but
> still, sprouting the
> fruits-that-are-mistaken-as-grains will still rate
> you higher on alkalinity. Its interesting to note,
> that amaranth was prized by the Aztecs, quinoa by
> the Inca's, and wild rice by the Native Americans;
> all intelligent ancient cultures. Why are the
> widely cultivated crops always nutritionally
> inferior? Why can't we adopt these better choices?
>
>
> Anyway, I've been eating cooked grains again at
> every meal, and I have been incredibly fatigued as
> a result for the past two days. I think it may
> have to do with my usage of grains instead of the
> fruits mentioned above. I will either balance the
> fruits with the grains, such as quinoa with oats,
> and wild rice with brown rice, or just use the
> fruits instead, I'm not sure as of yet. I bought
> an organic 10-sprouted grain/fruit bread, and I
> think that’s going well.
>
> If you didn't read my earlier post, I will point
> out now that the only reason I am eating a little
> cooked food now is for control and stability, so
> that I am not caught in a trap of binge eating
> once again.
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----------------------------
>
>
>
> Where are the quote marks? I don't see them.

Could you be saying that your quote attributions are to be found in the hype links? I clicked them and they just go back to the first page of this site.

Date: February 02, 2015 08:55PM

ZeuS the @#$%& wrote:

<<<Could you be saying that your quote attributions are to be found in the hype links? I clicked them and they just go back to the first page of this site.>>>

Shiji's post was dated 08-25-02 and this website has crashed several times since then, so the links have no place to go. However, these URLs serve as my reference points so I know when something starts and when something ends. Apparently, this must be too complicated for you to understand, but if you go back and look at EVERY Post where I post articles or older posts, I ALWAYS use the same format to help those with a brain to figure out where it starts and where it ends.

For example, let's take a look at the post below where I'll include, as I ALWAYS do, beginning and ending URLs for the post and even URLs for information within the post:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Functional blood sugar versus pathological blood sugar
Posted by: John Rose
Date: February 02, 2015 11:27AM

John Rose wrote:

“Are you saying suez has an excuse for being a @#$%&?”

[www.merriam-webster.com]
@#$%& - usually vulgar : a contemptible person
[www.merriam-webster.com]

Tai wrote:

<<<This is so ridiculous for people to take cheap shots.>>>

[www.thefreedictionary.com]
cheap shot

An unfair or unsporting verbal attack on a vulnerable target.

1. (in sports) a blow, shove, or tackle maliciously directed against an opponent who is defenseless or off guard.
2. any mean or unsportsmanlike remark or action, esp. one directed at a defenseless or vulnerable person.
[www.thefreedictionary.com]

Suez by every definition is a @#$%& and a Psychopath and is far from being vulnerable!

So asking whether or not suez is a @#$%& is Not a Cheap Shot because that’s suez’s job to be a @#$%&.

Suez’s job is to be a @#$%& and she does her job well.

Suez probably gets bonuses every time someone accuses her of being a @#$%& - job well done suez - you’re being the @#$%& you’re hired to be.

In reality, asking whether suez is a @#$%& should serve as a reminder to let everyone know that suez has been a @#$%& and will always be a @#$%&. Suez cannot change her spots. Psychopaths simply don’t know how to act - that’s why she’s perfect for this job - she has No Empathy - she has No Feeling of Remorse - she loves to create Chaos and Disharmony everywhere she goes and this would be obvious for anyone who would actually pay attention to what she’s doing and what people like her are supposed to do.

Suez is doing what she’s supposed to do as an Internet Shill. If you were suez’s boss, you would say, well done suez - you’re creating Disharmony and Chaos, you’re attacking all of the leaders and you’re promoting the least likely Raw Food Diet that will be successful so that it doesn’t do any good if anyone says, oh, look at what suez is doing any more than look at what the Sproutarian is doing.

Yes, by definition suez is a @#$%& and calling a @#$%& a @#$%& is NOT a Cheap Shot when everyone knows suez is a @#$%&.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 08:57PM by John Rose.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables