Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Body pH and fasting
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: December 11, 2012 07:32AM

If anyone decides to do an extended fast (and I've done plenty), water or juice, it would be EXTREMELY interesting if you could track and log your pH here. It would serve as an excellent knowledge base for the community.

I am concerned because I stumbled upon a journal of a fruitarian who developed a dangerous level of ketoacidosis while fasting, so much that he had to be injected with SODIUM BICARBONATE to get his pH stable:

[www.nutricionhospitalaria.com]

I've never seen any adverse warnings among any community (natural hygiene or other) that this kind of outcome is a possibility.

Since there are lots of people here who do fast regularly, it would be extremely interesting to take a closer look and what's happening in the body and share results here.

Is fasting as safe as everyone claims? Is this just a weird one-off situation? Can we build a knowledge database that will help others in the future?

Wishing everyone the best of health!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Body pH and fasting
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 11, 2012 09:49AM

Ive been warning people against the dangers of fasting for years, but it seems this was caused from the patients fruitarian diet.

Seems to be the first clinical case of ketoacidosis out width starvation which is pretty scary considering all the fruit sugars the patient was probably eating. Most of this is caused by a lack of insulin secretion, all those unlimited fruit sugars aren't good for the body. Just because you eat lots of fruit doesn't mean your diet is balanced or healthy.

The worrying issue is with how relatively new these raw diets actually are, we will likely continue to see a rise in these type of health problems.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2012 09:52AM by powerlifer.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables