Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What do you eat?
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: December 20, 2012 02:48AM

When I first decided to switch to a raw diet, I found myself all caught up with all of the dehydrating and finding foods to "cook" that resembled foods I was used to eating on the SAD diet. With all of the nuts involved in making desserts, etc. I figured out that I was eating an extremely high fat diet and actually began to gain weight. I slowly stopped trying to eat raw for quite sometime and am back to trying to make a raw commitment again. This time its different, though. I wake up in the morning and want my fresh green juice drink. I eat fresh fruit during much of the day. I generally try to fit in a raw salad. I'm just not into trying to make a bunch of crackers, desserts and other "fake" SAD look alike food. I hope that I will be successful this time. Would anyone else on here care to share if you are consuming more of what I could call a "natural" raw diet -- just veggies, fruits, and a few nuts -- and if you feel that your body is getting enough nutrition that way without buying a bunch of different supplements to add to this kind of raw diet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you eat?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 20, 2012 10:12AM

early morning: juice
breakfast: fruit
lunch: fruit
dinner: large salad (with some nuts and avocado)

Basic vegan supplements:

Lugols 2% (iodine), Zinc, D3

Date: December 20, 2012 03:27PM

Panchito, thanks for the response. Have you been eating this way for awhile? I'll need to read about the supplements you are taking. That is exactly the diet I've been eating. It just seems to be what my body wants to eat. Funny thing is that all the years I was eating a SAD diet, I never would touch avocado. Now I look forward to it everyday in my salad!

Date: December 20, 2012 03:45PM

Yes I've been eating for a while and keeping my weight at 172 lbs. The main pitfall is not to eat enough. YOU NEED CALORIES MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. I just did today a cron-o-meter and yesterday I ate 4700 cals. The hormones go crazy if you don't have enough food (your body goes in to survival modes). You lose hair. You don't sleep well (your body wakes you up to look for food). The liver uses more calories than the brain. If the liver does not perform its 600+ functions, bad things happen. Keep the liver well fed. Sleep plenty. During sleep, hormones will be created. Go to the bathroom regularly (I go twice a day). Drink plenty.

I also forgot about B12. I recommend methylcobalamin b12 skin patches better than anything else (under tongue or injection).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 03:48PM by Panchito.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 20, 2012 04:14PM

Unless you are very active 4700 calories is alot.

You have to eat so much raw food in order to get enough nutrition and even then your diet still isn't nutritionally complete. From a cooked food diet a woman can get enough nutrition from 1500-2000 calories, 2500 for males. More calories may be needed if you are extra active.

I don't know many non athletes who would need more than 3500 calories daily.

Do you exercise very heavily in order to justify that much calories Panchito?, needing over 4000 calories is not normal unless you are indeed very active.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 04:17PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 20, 2012 04:50PM

that is what works for me. I exercise. If you don't, then I imagine you would eat less and feel good with less. The trick is that the body works by chemistry not electronics. The body is not controlled by the brain (well, the skeletal muscles are). It is controlled by hormones (from the old school of the origin of life where there was no nervous system. The nervous system came later as an add on. You need to feed the body with enough energy to do its tasks. This energy changes from person to person.

Date: December 20, 2012 05:36PM

My theory, which is just the product of my own analysis, is that it should take fewer calories on a raw diet to keep the body well fed than the calories it takes on a non-raw diet. My reason is this: most of the calories consumed with cooked food take a lot more energy from the body to process. The body doesn't have to work nearly as hard to process raw food. Thus, doesn't it make sense that fewer calories with raw food would be necessary? Or am I missing something major in my thought process here?

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: December 20, 2012 05:39PM

Why do you say that B12 patches are better? Just asking! Not disagreeing with you.

Date: December 20, 2012 05:56PM

Hi Molli. Don't try to put theories before the horse. The horse only listens to chemistry. Find what works for you and THEN do the theory (posteriory). Try increasing your calories and see what happens.

B12

injections: not natural. no other animal uses injections. I sends a huge blob of stuff at once and it is all piss out.

orally: unpredictable with slow results. It has difficulties passing in and not every body has same results.

skin: natural. simulates baths on smelly mud or walking on dirt. it is released slowly over a long time (24hrs or more). whatever is pissed out is soon replaced.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:03PM

I take a b12 vitamin orally but I wonder if I would be better off with the patch?

interesting thought.

I definitely think you need to listen to your body and just eat what feels right, I agree, let the theory come after you figure out what is working for you.

Date: December 20, 2012 06:27PM

Panchito, I don't feel a need to increase my calories right now. I feel great! I haven't made any effort into actually counting calories while eating raw, but I do pay attention to how much fat I am consuming from nuts, avocados, etc. as it is very easy (at least for me) to over consume the fats.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 20, 2012 08:38PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that is what works for me. I exercise. If you
> don't, then I imagine you would eat less and feel
> good with less. The trick is that the body works
> by chemistry not electronics. The body is not
> controlled by the brain (well, the skeletal
> muscles are). It is controlled by hormones (from
> the old school of the origin of life where there
> was no nervous system. The nervous system came
> later as an add on. You need to feed the body with
> enough energy to do its tasks. This energy changes
> from person to person.

How long have you been eating near 5000 calories daily may i ask Panchito, and like i say how active are you ?.

I more than understand the importance of feeding the body enough nutrition, especially someone who exercises regularly. But i really doubt most train intensely enough to justify near 5000 calories. Even off season bulking i do not require this many calories and i weigh about 5kg more than you.

What are you doing daily that is requiring such a high caloric intake?

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2012 08:41PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 21, 2012 10:25AM

I've been eating this way ~8 months (but doing small changes to reach my personal circumstances). I exercise 4 times a week "hard" (swimming, running, little weights, streching,hmmm). I do walk and dance. My energy level has improved a lot. I am leaner and leaner everyday. I feel like singing like tarzan on the shower.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 21, 2012 10:22PM

panchito

<<I feel like singing like tarzan on the shower>>.

kinda sorta like this?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: December 22, 2012 07:22PM

Panchito Wrote:
> early morning: juice
> breakfast: fruit
> lunch: fruit
> dinner: large salad (with some nuts and avocado)

How can 'juice, fruit, fruit, and large salad with some nuts and avacado' add up to 5,000 calories? Or even 3,000? What exactly do you eat daily?

Just curious because I'd love to be able to eat 'juice, fruit, fruit, large salad with nuts and avacado' daily without losing tons of weight.

Posted by: ammylin ()
Date: December 25, 2012 01:55AM

early morning: juice
breakfast: fruit, milk, eggs
lunch: fruit , rice, meat
dinner: large salad (with some nuts and avocado)

where there is a will, there is a way. runescape gold rs gold

Date: December 25, 2012 11:27AM

KidRaw Wrote:
> How can 'juice, fruit, fruit, and large salad with
> some nuts and avacado' add up to 5,000 calories?
> Or even 3,000? What exactly do you eat daily?

When I looked ar chron-o-meter I think the bananas and dates gave me the biggest numbers. I also get mangos (4 or more). Those foods are my base for calories. Right now I am eating two cantaloupes or honeydues a day. I also eat what ever fruit is available. Things add up believe me smiling smiley I often eat dates at the end of the salad too if I feel I need more energy (saladss are low colories but I need more!). On the salad I put two or three romaines, red peppers, cucmber, etc. I have modified my salads to reduce oxalates (like no tomatoes now).

It helps me a lot to have a disciplined driven schedule. During vacation (no work), I tend to eat less and not be as active even if I have more free time. Weird and opposite of reasoning. I think if I have too much free time, then I do not eat as much and I just hang there. But that is just how my mind works.

Date: December 25, 2012 11:30AM

Thats the one winking smiley

_veronique Wrote:
> panchito
>
>
> <>.
>
>
> kinda sorta like this?
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Date: December 25, 2012 12:12PM

this one has all the calls smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: December 25, 2012 11:04PM

Panchito, where do you apply the vie patch? I messed up and put it on my collarbone and then took it off to put it someplace better, but now it's not sticky, so I wasted it. Do you ever get a batch that's not sticky enough?

Posted by: drnicki ()
Date: December 26, 2012 03:58AM

I have found a daily flow that works well for me. Though everyone is different with different needs, I am happy to share smiling smiley

Upon waking: warm water w/ lemon (just gets my body/mind system going...)

Soon after: organic green juice: celery, cucumber, a leafy green, ginger, & a slice of apple.

This takes me through my work-out: 60 minute walk up and down hills.

Breakfast, part II: could be a raw buckwheat cereal w/ berries, freshly made almond milk, some walnuts, and hemp seeds.

Mid-day: usually a large salad w/ avocado, lots of vegies, sometimes nuts, and freshly made sunflower seed dressing.

Snack: maybe a piece of fruit or green smoothie.

Dinner: Sprouts, salad, sometimes lightly steamed vegies & sweet potato.

Peace.

~~~
What IS all this talk about the Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet & Lifestyle? Discover the Magic! FREE Phenomenal Video Explains How to Increase Your Energy, Balance Your Weight, & Prevent and Reverse Disease!
[ReverseDiabetesHolistically.com]

Date: December 26, 2012 11:37AM

I think that if the edge lifs up against something it can peel off from the skin. I had that happened once. So be careful not to bend it when pulling it out from the paper so as not to bend the edge. Take your time. I press it hard with the fingers on my shoulder.I've always put it on the side of the shoulder. I think it spreads better from that moving spot (better circulation maybe).

I've also tried the economical B12 and it also works fine

[www.amazon.com]

KidRaw Wrote:
> Panchito, where do you apply the vie patch? I
> messed up and put it on my collarbone and then
> took it off to put it someplace better, but now
> it's not sticky, so I wasted it. Do you ever get a
> batch that's not sticky enough?

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: December 31, 2012 08:29PM

monofruit meal
japanese cup of 5 nuts, seeds and 5 prunes
mono fruit meal
mono fruit meal meal
lunch-saurkraut, soaked wild rice and honey dijon, loads of raw veggies
mono fruit meal
figs
20oz green/purple juice
sometimes when I make fruit juice for hubby, I will have some toosmiling smiley

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables