Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to heal joint cartilage?
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 02:30AM

Anyone have good info on how to heal cartilage in the joints? I seem to remember Brian Clement telling me minerals are the most important thing. It seems to me that it there would be much more to it. I know about Glucosimine, Condroitin, MSM and I think I remember hearing about Silica? I have also read and been told by Dr. Clement that Glucosimine + Condroitin don't work for 25% of the people? or only works for 25% of the people? lol should have taken notes! Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to heal joint cartilage?
Posted by: vanessam888 ()
Date: January 07, 2013 03:47AM

In the last 1/4 of this interview the doctor describes his protocol for healing cartilage in the joints. My mother and I are doing it right now. It's not raw or vegan by the way.

[the-moneychanger.com]

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 07, 2013 01:21PM

Do a check of your foods for oxalates. Oxalates can cause crystal formations on the joints.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 07, 2013 08:42PM

Yeah silica is one if not the most important nutrients in cartilage formation.

Green vegetables, seaweeds, alfalfa and nettle leaf are good sources. I don't care for horsetail as a herbal source as it contains small amounts of nicotine which is vasoconstrictive.

Vitamin C is also another important nutrient.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 09, 2013 02:25AM

Thanks to all, I also remember Brian Clement saying to use root vegie greens! just incase anyone is intrested. The cool thing is that you can get them cheap sometimes at your farmers market when people don't want them. At the market here the owner pus them in a bin and trys to sell them throughout the day.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 09, 2013 08:00AM

cartilage (and tendons) is one of the more harder to heal parts of the body due to the dense nature of the material and low blood flow. intersting subject looking forward to solutions. we learned in massage therapy class that gentle massage to the damage cartilage and tendons increases bloodflow and healing to the area. curious what else can help smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 10, 2013 03:51PM

Definately avoid starches and grains! Ive found in the past, that flare ups of candida (uric acid production)can coincide with joint inflamation. One inportant consideration is also the ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 make sure to stay in the 1:1 to 1:4 ratio

Also, proper thyroid/parathyroid function is essential to maintaining connective tissue strength. When your body stops utilizing calcium and starts having trouble holding it in blood solution, then your connective tissue will start weakening.

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: January 13, 2013 08:41PM

Ok, so I have achilles tendonitis.. can anyone help me out here?

I am still back and forth on raw, but moving forward in a positive direction. I am wondering what foods will help and I want to hear if others believe that a raw or vegan lifestyle is a good way to prevent injuries in the future?

Thanks so much!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 13, 2013 08:48PM

you can try to apply local heat to improve circulation

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 15, 2013 07:37AM

i dont beleive there is any food that can really prevent you from injuries

apple save me from my klutziness ! not gonna happen tongue sticking out smiley

grinning smiley

best way to avoid injury is to methodically not go out of your way to injure yourself .. accidents happen ...

stress happens

overzealousness happens

stretch before strain .. a mantra my oldie time trainer pounded into my brain ...

once injury happens .. cold to reduce swelling heat to bring bloodflow to heal ..rinse rinse repeat repeat repeat

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables