Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best Water to Drink??
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: January 11, 2013 08:39PM

What water do you drink? If you use a filter, which filter do you use?

I am trying to figure out what I should plan on buying eventually. Right now I am just using a Brita.

Thanks!

Mindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Water to Drink??
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 11, 2013 09:38PM

I don't know what the best water for you to drink is, but I love spring water. The energy in water fresh from a spring is delightful, and the taste is sweet.

Date: January 11, 2013 10:19PM

If I were to find a spring, how am I to know that it does not have parasites or bad bacteria in it? Don't know much about the subject except when we go up into mountains we do not drink water for fear of these things.

Mindy

Posted by: rab ()
Date: January 12, 2013 11:47AM

I have been drinking distilled water for about seven years now. But, I am going to start to produce it on my own first time this year. That means, I have drunk tons of plastic poison with my distilled water. Plastic is not vegan, last time I checked.
Also, not many springs in the cities of USA. If you don't count 'spring water' that is sold in stores. Any spring...ANY spring is a spring. And the water from ANY spring can be named 'spring water'.
Water in plastic bottles is anti-vegan. Anything in plastic is anti-vegan. So, we should actually forget where stores are.

Date: January 12, 2013 10:03PM

Here's a really cool website that I just found and after looking at it, I remember having seen it before. Had totally forgotten about it.
Very cool. It is a world map giving flags on each known spring water source.

Neato!!

[www.findaspring.com]

Mindy

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: January 20, 2013 06:51AM

Brian Clement drinks one gallon of distilled water a day! it is the most purest water there is and is recommended for many health problems. It would be nice to drink some wicked spring water from some pristine source but there is no such thing anymore?

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: January 20, 2013 04:36PM

rzman10001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brian Clement drinks one gallon of distilled water a day!

Where do you get your information? He would have to spend a good portion of each day urinating.
The purer your diet, the less water you need. Tonya Zavasta doesn't drink water, or use water in her Green Smoothies. She does use fresh Juices......WY

Date: January 20, 2013 07:32PM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
> rzman10001 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Brian Clement drinks one gallon of distilled
> water a day!
>
> Where do you get your information? He would have
> to spend a good portion of each day urinating.
> The purer your diet, the less water you need.
> Tonya Zavasta doesn't drink water, or use water in
> her Green Smoothies. She does use fresh
> Juices......WY

From Brian? It would be nice to have enough time and money every day to juice enough liquids to sustain an active person lol? "The purer your diet the less water you need".....? What does purity have to do with hydration? Brian also does sauna's quite often, AND lives in a tropical enviroment where you loose fluids quickly due to the heat. I drink almost a gallon of water a day myself and don't find it unusual.

Date: January 20, 2013 08:30PM

rzman10001 Wrote:
..... I drink almost a gallon of water a day myself and don't find it unusual.

I would like a second opinion. LOL.
I guess it depends on your level of activity. Strange though...I don't picture Brian Clement as being very active. He's always wearing a suit, dress shirt, and tie......WY

Date: January 20, 2013 10:11PM

Brian leads by example and speaks highly of resistance training for optimum health as anyone with common sense would. At about 66 yrs. of age he is quite accomplished and has raised a family of three or four kids? I forget now. He IS The Hippocrates Health Institute as we know it today. I don't think this all happens without being active. When he was about 60 years of age he said he was at the gym every day before work. I believe recently I read he goes about three times a week and also said he likes to do a sauna every day if possible.

Date: January 21, 2013 05:06AM

I suspect that people who drink a gallon of water a day are either eating dehydrating foods (ie cooked or dried) or are eating salt. A person on a raw diet doesn't need that much water as fresh fruits and salads are water rich foods.

Date: January 22, 2013 11:08PM

Hmm that's interesting as I drink maybe three quarters of a gallon a day but use NO salt at all. A gallon does seem excessive but I am not as active as I used to be and if I were I would probably drink a gallon. Is'nt the recommeded quantity to convert half your weight into ounces?

Date: January 23, 2013 03:18AM

rzman10001, for people eating SAD, getting tons of water is necessary to counteract the dehydrating effects of cooked foods. Its not just the saltiness, but that cooking dries up the water content of foods.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 23, 2013 03:51AM

They could also be doing massive amounts of exercise or have full-time, non-sedentary jobs.

Prana Wrote:
> I suspect that people who drink a gallon of water
> a day are either eating dehydrating foods (ie
> cooked or dried) or are eating salt. A person on a
> raw diet doesn't need that much water as fresh
> fruits and salads are water rich foods.

Date: January 24, 2013 08:32PM

Not to be argumentitive but I drink what I feel I need and if I were leading the life that is normal for me I would be drinking more. I do have issues with dehydration now cause of my health challenges though and do eat some cooked food. I wonder why Brian drinks so much? I tend to agree with what he says for the most part, so I will have to ask him again if I see him this weekend why he drinks so much.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 24, 2013 11:41PM

I think I can explain why Brian Clement has to drink so much water. The Hippocrates Institute recipes (which I've seen in their magazine) are loaded with Bragg's Amino Acids.

Scroll Down for the recipes -

[www.living-foods.com]

Date: January 25, 2013 11:31PM

I think it has more to do with his views on cleansing and pulling toxins out of the body. Also just good hydration. And Brian does not really use the Braggs, it's just there for all the salt addicts.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 28, 2013 12:38AM

Well water I drink.

Posted by: littlemermaid ()
Date: January 28, 2013 05:54PM

I would love to have access to spring or well water. But since I don't, I buy distilled (via reverse osmosis) water, and re-mineralize it with gray celtic salt. A big point when choosing what water to drink is to make sure it has no fluoride in it. Most of bottled water contains fluoride,tap water has it, most filters don't filter it out. That's why I chose to buy distilled.. A couple of filters I found that do get rid of the fluoride were too expensive for me

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 28, 2013 07:52PM

littlemermaid Wrote:
> I would love to have access to spring or well
> water. But since I don't, I buy distilled (via
> reverse osmosis) water, and re-mineralize it with
> gray celtic salt. A big point when choosing what
> water to drink is to make sure it has no fluoride
> in it. Most of bottled water contains fluoride,tap
> water has it, most filters don't filter it out.
> That's why I chose to buy distilled.. A couple of
> filters I found that do get rid of the fluoride
> were too expensive for me

I had a water distiller once LM and I also put lemon juice squeezed in it for minerals again too. Its about 150 dollars and I used to distill a gallon everday.

Posted by: Ananas comosus ()
Date: January 29, 2013 08:25AM

I drink spring water. I've read too much distilled water is a bad thing because it eventually starts pulling important minerals from the body. Distilled water does a good detox in a short-term capacity.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 29, 2013 10:16AM

mineralized water (like spring water) is less acidic than pure water (reverse osmmosis or distiled). People usually add minerals to reverse osmosis water. This makes a slight difference probably only noticeable in the long term.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 07, 2013 02:17PM

I used to have the view that distilled water can be demineralising to the body, but recently I saw this interview and it has really challenged my beliefs on that score.

[www.youtube.com]

He talks about the health benefits of drinking a gallon of distilled water a day - which can also be in the form of fresh juice - or even urine. It's pretty controversial, but well worth a watch!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 07, 2013 04:16PM

I read al the time complains about people drinknig lots of water and having a feeling dry mouth, dehydrated, etc. I think it has to do with the electrolytes (Ca, Mg,etc). Distilled water has zero. Taking mineralizing baths (clay,etc) is a good way to clean and detox the body And fixes dehydration from drinknig too much empty water. It is not a detox sympton but a dangerous condition that needs a quick fix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2013 04:19PM by Panchito.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: April 07, 2013 07:03PM

Before we lived in rural VA, we had Mountain Valley Spring Water delivered in 5-gallon glass bottles. I do wonder what they use to wash out the jars though. Still I think it's better than tap water or plastic water.

[mountainvalleyspring.com]

Here are the options -

[mountainvalleyspring.com]

The 2 1/2 gallon jug is cute.

Date: April 08, 2013 12:14AM

lisa m Wrote:
.....I used to have the view that distilled water can be demineralising to the body, but recently I saw this interview and it has really challenged my beliefs on that score.

Yes, that was good. Andrew Norton Webber is very knowledgeable. They talked for about 2.5 hours, but failed to address my question...How do you practice Distilled Waters Therapy while eating? I mean a gallon of Distilled Water is a lot. I would guess drinking an hour before meals, and two hours after, is a good rule-of-thumb.
Any ideas??......WY

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 08, 2013 02:49PM

Yes, good point Wheatgrass Yogi, I wondered that too. I couldn't manage a gallon (although apparently it gets easier the longer you do it). Also I am taking into account my size - I'm pretty small / light, so I guess I wouldn't need so much.

These days I don't feel much need to eat during the day - just one meal around 5 ish - I've just been drinking kombucha, kefir, fresh juices, herbal teas etc throughout the day. (But probably at the moment not much more than 2 or 3 litres) (4 and a half litres = a gallon). Then once I've eaten my dinner I don't really feel the need to drink. So it works out ok for me.

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: June 18, 2013 05:13AM

best water to drink is spring water.next if you distill your water add celtic salt should help. ionized water is great but ionizer just don't make strong enough water.use batch ionizer can buy on ebay or make one for few bucks.a deep well is best go to dave vitalis web site for free springs

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 18, 2013 06:21AM

spring water i dont worry about bacteria or parasites as i haven't got them from spring water yet .. if i do i will deal with it smiling smiley

you can always take a sample of your spring water source and get it tested if you are unsure smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: June 22, 2013 11:18PM

Personally I prefer reverse osmosis water because this process actually removes the fluoride from water (among other things...but most filtration processes can't remove fluoride). If you're not familiar with the dangers of fluoride: [fresherthanlife.com]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables