Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Holy mole, these are good!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 09, 2013 08:04PM

I just bought some Turkish Smyrna figs from Trader Joe's. Unsulphured, by the way.

I have never been a huge dried fig fan, but these taste like Fig Newtons. Does anyone have a RAW fig newton recipe or another fig recipe? Maybe I will have to experiment in the kitchenwinking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Holy mole, these are good!
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: February 09, 2013 10:27PM

Organic Turkish Figs from Nuts.com are the best you'll find anywhere. I use one in my Green Smoothies for a hint of sweetness......WY

[www.nuts.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 10, 2013 12:31AM

I love that kind of fig when they're real soft and moist - like when they're a dark color. I just eat them together with pecans or walnuts. They're also real good cut up in pieces in my 'berry meal'. That's a bunch of berries cut up, put a teaspoon of raw coconut sugar on them and let them sit to get juicy. Put in one of the the cut up figs. Add one of the broken up raw cinnamon rolls I told you about, some broken up nuts and a very small amount of a finely chopped up green, and put raw coconut cream or other vegan cream or raw frosting on top.

Posted by: arawnut ()
Date: February 12, 2013 07:03PM

I had to go to the 5lb bag on Nuts.com. They are that great. I never thought to put one in my smoothie! I'm going to do that, thanks WY.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: February 13, 2013 07:37AM

arawnut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...... I never thought to put one in my smoothie! I'm going to do that, thanks WY.

You're welcome. It's best to pre-soak dried fruit, as it helps the blender do its job......WY

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 17, 2013 01:17AM

never had a turkish smyrna
like the name though
raw candy smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables