Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Done with olive oil?
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: March 12, 2013 01:03AM

I was using olive oil on my salads, just a teaspoon. I am going to cut out olive oil and nuts for one week to see what happens.

Also, does anyone else eat rice cakes? or rice at all?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Done with olive oil?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 12, 2013 11:02AM

Studies have shown that those who consume a fat source with salads such as a oil based salad dressing absorb significantly more beta-carotene and other antioxidants than the low fat group did.

Makes sense in that the fat stimulates the release of bile and improves absorption of fat soluble vitamins and antioxidants.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 11:04AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: March 12, 2013 01:47PM

By way of 2 books, The Rave Diet and Quantum Eating I have stopped using all liquid oils for good.

I only use whole nuts, seeds, avocodos and coconuts for fat and in minimal amounts.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 13, 2013 01:16AM

I agree that using nuts, avocados, seeds, coconut is best for higher fat foods, but don't forget that even spinach and leafy greens have fat cals. I am not a fat-phobe, but let's not pretend that non-oils and non-overt fatty foods have 0% fat. This is untrue.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 13, 2013 09:03AM

with avocados you control the freshness. With olive oil you don't. It may take months from the delivering country to the processing country. Then more months to the ddestination country. Then to the warehouse. Then to the supermarket. Then to the shelf. Then it waits. Then you buy it. Then you open it and the air (oxigen) gets in the bottle. Then it may take a couple more months for you to finish it. IT IS STALE!

with an avocado, you tell right on the spot whats going on.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 13, 2013 12:08PM

good point panchito

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 13, 2013 01:19PM

oilive oil is also a cultural foods. cultural foods are promoted as the best thing ever by their countries of origin. Since olive oil is a mediterranean product, it is 'believed' to offer good health. But just like rye bread is thought in Germany (carnivorous country) to be the best (because rye is hardy and it is all it grows there), olive oil is thought to be the best THERE. It is only because it is part of the culture because there are many olive trees. Olives are mini golf balls. They are unedible in there natural state and all they can do is to equeeze them to pull the oil out. Olive oil is in my opinion the biggest cultural food scam ever. Olive manufactured in Italy is Not from Italy but from like 20 different countries (mostly Spain). It has been blended with many oils. What you get in the US is STALE (long journey to the table) and all the good you are eating is a pure cultural illusion.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 13, 2013 05:07PM

Um...Panchito, you are making a bunch of sweeping statements there. First of all, you must really look at the label and see what's up. While you are correct that it seems they are doing this more often (combining oils from various countries), I ususally by my olive oil from Trader Joe's and there is a type that is .50 more expensive that is ITALIAN olive oil. It will say PACKED in Greece, Spain, Italy but there are also types that state that it's all from Italy. I actually like Spanish olive oil, too. But the last kind I bought was in a huge tin from the Italian store. smiling smiley

Date: March 14, 2013 06:42PM

ok, so in reality it sounds like just doing away with the olive oil will be the best choice.

I bet I lose weight if I cut this out of my diet, perhapseven feel better!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 15, 2013 05:38PM

I don't think a tsp. of oil is all that much, if you are actually measuring and this is how much you use.

Date: March 16, 2013 02:38AM

I am about one teaspoon a day, but I might just ditch it all together. I feel like it probablly isnt real olive oil anyhow. as mentioned above and that freaks me out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables