Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sugar cane
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: November 07, 2006 04:28AM

Hi,

at a farmers market the other day I saw sugar for sale in long 6 or 7 foot storks. They where green and standing in a bucket of water, they have some leafs and look pretty alive.

What could I do with the Sugar Cane? I would love to have a raw crystal sugar to make some things with.

Any problems with Sugar Cane?

Thanks,
Ian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sugar cane
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: November 07, 2006 09:52PM

sodoffsocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What could I do with the Sugar Cane?

Just peeling and eating cane by itself is filling and enjoyable. Some varieties taste better than others. It's definitely a mild exercise on your jaw muscles.

If you have a manual meat grinder you could try making your own cane juice. I found it difficult making the juice using a regular juicer. Then use the juice in your smoothies or combined with other juices or recipes. If you live near a Hispanic neighborhood that makes it fresh, you could have them make it for you and see if it's something you think you'd like.

>I would love to have a raw crystal sugar to make some things with.

I'm not sure how you'd get crystal sugar since to my knowledge that involves using high temperature heat as part of the processing.

> Any problems with Sugar Cane?

Never heard of any. On the contrary I've heard it said that children in supposedly "3rd world" countries who eat sugar cane frequenltly actually have very healthy white teeth and cavities are rarely if ever a problem.

Wishing you vibrant health

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables