Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sea salt thoughts
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: April 14, 2013 01:27AM

so, since I have added sea salt and olive oil into my diet, I noticed I am puffier. And.. I crave cooked foods more with these items.

I dont do well on coc oil, so forget that.

In general, do others feel better without these two items?

just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sea salt thoughts
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: April 14, 2013 11:34AM

There's a big debate about using salt, even the "good" stuff, aka sea salt. I use it sparingly, I don't really crave it though. We by the pink (full of minerals) sea salt at our local HFS.

I can understand you being "puffier", as even sea salt will cause water retention.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 14, 2013 12:41PM

it depends. Sodium is needed as electrolite. Some people can sweat more, exercise, etc and need a larger supply. Salt would increase fluid retention. But if someone were to drink diuretics (coffee, etc) then it could balance out. The prefer method of electrolites is pure sodium found in vegs, juices, baths, spring water, celery, etc. But modern lifestyles play complex games and salt intake maybe a good choice.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 15, 2013 04:54AM

i would never sprinkle on it anything! sodium builds up in our cells and makes them droopy and saggy as we age, so salt effectively makes us older....and we retain water, hence the puffiness. i quit salt about a month ago and I feel way better! we were just eating bags and bags of it over time. if you eat a full healthy diet with vegetables and fruits and smoothies and juices and salads...you will never need extra salt. as far as what your body needs, per se.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 12:28AM

Long time ago I used it and it never bothered me that I could tell but clearly it does bother a lot of others. As far as coconut oil goes, it has caprylic acid in it and this is harsh stuff. If you have a weak system this will really aggrivate you, especially if you have yeast/fungas and leaky gut.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2013 12:31AM

If you notice your are puffier that is probably a good indication that what you have added (sea salt and olive oil) is not doing a lot of good at the moment I would find alternatives smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: April 17, 2013 03:10AM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you notice your are puffier that is probably a
> good indication that what you have added (sea salt
> and olive oil) is not doing a lot of good at the
> moment I would find alternatives smiling smiley

Yes, for sure. My body shows signs.. I cut it out and now I def feel better.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 25, 2013 03:05AM

I am having a discussion about salt with someone online. She contends that salt cannot be said to be a 'toxin' as salt is essential for health. Although one can consume a toxic amount of salt. Is it proper to refer to salt as a toxin?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables