Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm craving tomatoes!
Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: November 07, 2006 10:04PM

Ooh! They are wonderful, especially the grape tomatoes. Does anyone know why? I read on the internet that it can be a sign of anemia which I have never been. However, . . . my last period was unusually long and heavy. Perhaps I am on the verge of needing more vitamin C to help with my iron levels.

Anyone?

P.S. I am unable to get off bottled dressing. I simply MUST have the tomatoees with celery, onion, and bell peppers WITH creamy Italian dressing. Raw dressings I've tried just do not work for me - yet. It is the tang and the salty tast in the dressing that seems to appeal to me most along with a touch of sweetness. Does this eventually work out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm craving tomatoes!
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: November 08, 2006 12:09AM

I would say to keep working at the raw dressings recipes. You should be able to get the same kind of taste with raw cider vinegar, herbs, sea salt, olive oil, nutritional yeast, and maybe a bit of tahini for a more creamy result. Blend the dressings in a blender - they whip up creamier that way.

You might try making a pact with yourself to stay away from bottled dressings for a two week period and keep working at making you own.

It's kind of like going from whole milk to 2% - at first the 2% tastes like water, but after a while, the whole milk tastes like FAT!!!

Really, eating and food preferences amounts mostly to HABIT.

The tomato thing - yeah - I'm a tomato lover - big time!

My body knows that I need them and that's all I need to know!

Life is Good!

alive!

Posted by: lisa_pe ()
Date: November 08, 2006 12:54PM

I have been making very creamy raw dressings. Try tahini, miso (very salty and tangy), lemon or lime juice, agave or honey and sometimes I add parsley and/or cilantro. Sometimes i add a bit of olive oil and some water to the desired consistancy. You can also add a bit of avocado that makes it very creamy and if in the mood some garlic. Ohh so yummy on a great big salad with lots of different grrens and veggies!!!!!!!
Lisa

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: November 08, 2006 01:24PM

My creamy dressing:

Lemon, olive oil, onion, garlic, nama shoyu, soaked cashews, a little tomato, miso, sometimes a little water to thin.

Oooo, I love that garlic!

Date: November 08, 2006 03:08PM

Wow! Those dressing sound great. I will try them! Thanks!

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: November 08, 2006 06:00PM

I make my own dressing and it is soooooo good:

tahini, garlic clove, lemon juice, nama shoyu, cayenne pepper, olive oil, a little water, and apple cider vinegar. It's hard for me to give measurments since I don't measure, but it's somehting like this:

1 cup raw tahini
juice from one lemon
1/2 - 3/4 cup nama shoyu
1 garlic clove
splash of apple cider vinegar (maybe a little more - just taste test it)
1 tsp cayenne
1/4 cup olive oil
enough water to make a good consistency

Blend in food processor, and voila! It's the best!!

Date: November 09, 2006 03:45PM

It's gone! The craving is gone! I have moved on to other stuff. Wierd!

Now I am enjoying almond milk but not craving it. Last night I had "milk and cookies" - almond milk and deydrated nut/seed bars, a very tiny amount of both. It gives me that full feeling traditional food does. So I know what to have if I crave SAD foods.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables