Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

candida and vegan 80/10/10 diet.
Posted by: Alessio ()
Date: May 05, 2013 12:32AM

I have adrenal fatigue and candida and I would try the 80/10/10 diet for at least 1 year to see if works...But if it works and I cure my problems I will continue eat that way but I would like to know if a could introduce new foods like coconut bread, flaxseed and some cooked vegetables (beens for example because they are hard to eat raw) without the candida and my health problems come back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: candida and vegan 80/10/10 diet.
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: May 05, 2013 02:15AM

You have adrenal fatigue and candida and you are going to eat 80% fruit? You don't need advice you need your head examined! lol ahh just kidding, whoop whoop. "You are your immune system" this is a quote by Brian Clement. One of the simplist and most profound quotes ever imo. Go to therealtruthabouthealth.com and watch as many of his videos as you can. And or read his lectures also. This is a tricky subject, were you born with yeast? were you born with a weak immune system? it's hard to know. Do you want to spend a year eating a diet that is going to not allow you to heal and take that chance. Some will heal with this diet but how do you know if that person is you. The most logical, scientific and common sense answer would be no! I do not want to spend a year Trying to get better as opposed to just getting better. I understand a lot of people here are just learning about health but to do the exact opposite of what common sense would tell you to do is insane imo. Good luck and don't forget to feed your candida nice juicy fruit every day or else it will be very angry with you! jokes.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 05, 2013 12:43PM

you would want to improve sugar metabolism so that you don't have sugar floating around. This is easy to say but it may be hard/long to do depending on each person current state. Take a look at insulin resistance and its test [www.rawfoodsupport.com] The 801010 will help in the long run but again not many people are ready for the diet. You may need to work towards it. For example, you could start eating low fat vegan foods (cooked vegs, etc) for a while. Cooked legumes are very good specially for low calories diets. But don't overdo them as they could cause gas problems. You can do 801010 on a cooked vegan diet. There are several Drs that advice a low fat vegan diet like for example Dr Neal D. Barnard. For adrenal fatigue, you may want to sleep more and avoid stress. Adrenal glands have a role on sugar metabolism which could mean that you have only one problem (not two).

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 05, 2013 02:31PM

Hi Alessio, I tried 80/10/10 and it didn't work for me. I had Candida and extreme fatigue. I found out afterwards that I had Celiac's Disease and gluten was the source of the problems: anemia (extreme fatigue source), low thyroid (always cold and rounded face while low weight), digestive issues, female issues, in addition to the Candida.

I suggest you check out Dr. Joel Fuhrman's website. You can google him. He wrote "Eat to Live". While he isn't total raw, he does advocate nutrient-dense food and veganism. I have modified his scientific/medical findings to work within modified raw veganism.

As to what happened on 80/10/10, there were so many bad side effects. I was hungry all the time and couldn't get satiated even though my stomach was almost bursting. My hair was falling out in clumps. My hair was breaking off when moving my head. My nails were breaking into the nail bed while opening a car door. My teeth became soft and stained. The enamel was coming off them. My skin got so dry and flaky and paper thin. I was really spacey. I couldn't concentrate. The Candida didn't go away. I was still exhausted. I had to back away from 80/10/10 even though everyone said how great it was. People were saying I was just going through detox and to ride it through. I was also told I didn't need to supplement on raw. I'm glad I listened to my body rather than other people's theories. I don't think I would be functional today if I hadn't. 80/10/10 doesn't take into account other issues like Celiac's, hypoglycemia, etc.

The good thing was that I tried it and I found it didn't work and thus, eliminating that way of eating for me. It and modified raw veganism helped me to discover what was truly the root cause (Celiac's Disease) of my Candida, low thyroid, female issues, anemia (extreme fatigue), mal-nutrition, etc.

After eliminating all gluten and eating nutrient-dense foods, I am much more balance and satiated. My puffiness went away. I didn't even know I was bloated everywhere, including in my face. I always though my face was rounded. The Candida has diminished to almost nothing except when my hormones are fluctuating. The Rheumatoid Arthritis symptoms/pain have gone away. With Iron supplementation, the extreme fatigue and hunger have abated. I also supplement with Iodine for the low thyroid which made me tired, too. The digestive issues are slowly abating. I also supplement with Nutritional Yeast for the B-12 which is lacking in 80/10/10. I didn't know my peaches and cream complexion had gone away until I tried Nutritional Yeast looking for a substitute to B-Complex vitamins as my lips were bleeding and cracking and the skin around my nails were hardened.

Hope that helps. Hope your health improves. Therese

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: May 05, 2013 07:28PM

Candida like other systemic infections can effect the adrenals! and if the adrenals are not working properly good luck getting better. Get on a good vegan diet using herbs that will stimulate the digestive system and see how you feel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables