Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Adjustments to vegan, how long does it take?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 27, 2013 11:57PM

Once someone removes meat, dairy and animals products from the diet, how long does it take the body to fully adjust to vegan?

Re: Adjustments to vegan, how long does it take?
Posted by: clank72 ()
Date: July 29, 2013 09:58PM

I've been vegan for a year now and I'm still making adjustments. I'm finding that fruit drops my blood sugar down which makes me tired and eating only vegetables leaves me hungry for fats, and eating fats makes me sluggish. It drives me crazy sometimes. It's a slow battle and I'm starting to wondering if this "10% protein is all you need" is a bunch of hype or not.

Society has balanced our food for us for so long, maybe it's going to take us a while.

My best advice is to listen to your body, when I don't I pay for it.

Re: Adjustments to vegan, how long does it take?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 30, 2013 12:05AM

Maybe I haven't been vegan long enough, but I haven't noticed any of those things. The only negative things I experienced, like the ones you describe were from refined foods, animal products before trying vegan. I'm not 100 percent raw, maybe not even 50%. But I dont know I havent even estimated from calories. But its enough for me to maintain vegan for now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables