Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Making cashew cream white????
Posted by: Magenta7 ()
Date: August 07, 2013 08:01AM

Hi,

My cashew cream is always a darkish color, never white, how do I make it or them white, and I do buy raw cashews. But my cashew cream does no come out white like I see in the recipes.

I need to make whip cream, and it looks like a dark white, yellowish color.... nothing like I see on the videos or in the books. sad smiley

I asked in the other forum, but I didn't receive any replies.

please help.....

thank you. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making cashew cream white????
Posted by: janetc ()
Date: August 07, 2013 12:52PM

mine is not white white - it is sort of an off-white.

I buy my cashews at Sprouts, and they are creamy in color, no shell, no skin. I don't even KNOW if cashews have skin, but did you soak them?

Are the cashews you are using the whitish color? Are you adding anything to your cream?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 07, 2013 08:21PM

Why does it have to be white?

Date: August 07, 2013 09:38PM

Hi, smiling smiley

I live in Slovakia, so I get my cashews from either organic stores, or regular stores, and they are sort of an off white color. The are dark wheter I add or not add anything.

Yes, I soak them.

Why white? well, I likr the way it looks in recipes: smiling smiley I feel like I am doing something wrong... I want my cake to have a whip cream color just drom cashews, you know what I mean. smiling smiley))

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 07, 2013 10:17PM

Magenta7,
Visual aspects of food can be important.But, If your cashews are good, I think your cashew cream is good.

Here is something that would create a nice whip cream effect, but its not always white either. Although I have heard that it may be made with immature berries to make it really white. Its got a particular flavor, so dont expect a whip cream flavor.

I am amazing, there is a woman who claims soapberry has particular medical properties.
[vimeo.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Probably difficult to get a hold of commercially, but you might be able to obtain plants or seeds from special sources. I purchased some plants from an outlet a few years ago. Unfortunately the plants started to bear fruit, but suddenly they dried up.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 09, 2013 07:41PM

magenta

just curious

what kind of cake are you making
any pics of the cakes?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 09, 2013 08:46PM

what about coconut whip cream ? its white..these are the instructions ive used to make it ..

Homemade Coconut Cream

Whole young coconuts cost $4 each at the Whole Foods closest to me, and it took two and a half whole coconuts to get a cup of coconut cream, making it the most expensive option. However, what you also get is tons of coconut water, which is also crazy good for you and full of electrolytes. My coconuts had about a cup and three quarters of water in each. Mmm... But back to making the cream:

Directions:
1) Lay the fresh young white coconut on its side and carefully trim the pointy tip until some brown is showing, then position it right side up.
2) Put your left hand behind your back (or your right hand if you're left-handed). Why? This is just a safety measure. I don't want you accidentally ending up in the emergency room!
3) Using the heel of the knife strike the coconut on a 45 degree angle.
4) If the top doesn't open right away spin the coconut a little bit, put one hand behind your back, and strike it again using the heel of the knife on a 45 degree angle.
Note: I had to nearly make a circle of strikes before mine opened.

5) Pour the yummy coconut water into a large glass. I put mine in big mason jars. Store what you don't drink right away in the fridge.
Note: The water should be clear or slightly yellow. Pink or purple water means it's gone bad, and you shouldn't use it.
6) Next take a flexible silicone spatula and wedge it between the meat and the inside wall of the coconut, as seen below:

7) Run the flexible silicone spatula around in a circle, dislocating the coconut meat. When you finish it will look like this:

8) You can reach in and remove the coconut meat. Mine all came out in one piece.
9) Repeat the process with two more white coconuts.
10) Add the meat from all three coconuts to the food processor fitted with the S blade.
11) Puree the coconut, scraping the sides periodically, until it is completely smooth and heavenly.
Makes just over 1 cup of cream.

then I take the cream ... place in fridge overnight (this is important the cream has to be chilled) .. then whip it in a bowl as with regular whip cream. add vanilla and sweetners as desired and chill in fridge till use

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 09, 2013 09:46PM

wow
didn't know u could make whip cream consistency from coconuts
cool
thanks jgunn

u must make fruit parfaits with this
cool
or just eat alone i would think
great electrolytes

i heard that pink water means it has more anti oxidants
did not hear of purple water though

Posted by: janetc ()
Date: August 10, 2013 12:18PM

Now I'm hungry.

Date: August 11, 2013 09:15PM

jantec

((nowi'm huntry)

LOLsmiling smiley

Date: August 16, 2013 10:45AM

Thank you all for the replys! grinning smileyDD

UNFORTUNATELY, no young coconuts here! You mean the green ones right???? I know that kind, and we dont have them here, once I have seen them, and they cost like 7-8 EUR, and had no meat at all! When I lived in NYc, I used to buy them all the time. What we have here is the brown coconuts with the dry and hard meat, which I still buy, and use it to make stuff.

I am experimenting with all sorts of cakes, somehow I have developed MAD passion for creating raw foods and cakes like never before!!!!!!! grinning smileyDDDDDDDD Altough I have been on the road to recovery from cooked foods to RAW for a long time now. lol But now, for 1 1/2 I am officially and proud to say that I am with raw foods where I need to be, and loving it, no struggles. And now I just want to share the beauty of them with my friends and this country. smiling smiley

But like I said, I have this image in my head to make some cakes or frosting look white as I see in the pics or videos...

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 16, 2013 04:09PM

You could see it white wearing the appropriate transforming glasses.
That is healthier no chemical needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2013 04:10PM by RawPracticalist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables