Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

black tourmaline
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 11, 2013 11:24PM

[voices.yahoo.com]

This stuff regarding black tourmaline ( see article above). Geez...if all this is true, it should be part of the raw food diet. i never had one of these stones ( nor do i know a whole lot concerning other stones) but i heard this mentioned recently being good for "clearing" and looked it up.

Does anyone know ( or better yet) have experience with this stone?
Also, how exactly does the crystalline latticework structure of the black tourmaline create this sort of grid that wards off EMF and cleanses and detoxifies pollution. Does anyone know the mathematics and science behind this? Does it work like a farraday cage? It seems interesting.

It makes me want to live in a tourmaline cave

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: black tourmaline
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 12, 2013 02:28AM

That's interesting la_v. I wear an energy pendant but haven't thought much about crystal energy.

I know I went to a energy group one time and the leader had a crystal and stated it was good for grounding. She passed around a magnet and the stone. I held the stone first and then passed it on. Then I held the magnet. The magnet was so strong that it sucked the energy right out of me. I asked for the stone back and I rubbed it on my head where I had held the magnet and I rebalanced instantly. I hadn't given it any thought until reading your post.

I will investigate the crystal. I know that pink tourmaline is beautiful. Haven't seen black tourmaline. I will check it out. Thanks for your post. Therese

Date: August 12, 2013 03:04AM

hey therese

that is one CRAAAZY magnet!
ha ha
makes sense though
after all , it IS a magnet

would be interested to know what stone you put on your head to rebalance
if u can remember it

they are using crystals like lasers ( not sure exactly how .. just something i heard .. vaguely)

if anyone else has any more info on the science of these things
let me know

Posted by: janetc ()
Date: August 12, 2013 01:47PM

I keep a black tourmaline sphere on my desk. The dark stones are supposed to deflect negativity (and turn the negativity back to the person trying to harm you).

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 12, 2013 09:12PM

I haven't done much with crystals, but some consider it a form of life. I used to have one. However, I do keep a small dark colored stone in my coin purse. I call it my good luck stone. I haven's the slightest as to what type of stone it is, but I remember finding somewhere and just being so attracted to it. Its a natural stone as far as I know but its almost completely round.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 12, 2013 11:06PM

hi jantec

a black tourmaline sphere seems cool

mislu

yours is a round black stone too?
i guess these things are popular

Date: August 12, 2013 11:30PM

La veronique,
I had to take it out and look at it better. I handle it almost everyday, but I never looked at it closely. Its actually kind of a dark purple-ish brown, but there are some small flecks of green that show through in the cracks. There are a few nice little cracks. Two of them make it look like a bow and arrow. Maybe a small face. I would have to look at it under a microscope to see the details. All natural features.

Its actually rather irregularly shaped, but my memory of it was round. Its smooth and pyramid shaped on one end, and kind of a rounded square on the other.

I just found it in a creek bed or a parking lot, I dont remember exactly. It does guard my change in my change purse. Its imparted its color on the inside. Sometimes I think its cumbersome when handling change, but I think it makes me more conscious of my spending habits.

Date: August 13, 2013 01:31AM

<<but I think it makes me more conscious of my spending habits.>>

LOLsmiling smiley

Posted by: brome ()
Date: August 13, 2013 10:21PM

The best scientific proof that some stones really do possess mysterious energy concerns tiny ancient fossils millions of years old that ants carry back to their nest. The stones have no food value and it's alot of hard work to carry them back to their nest. What possible reason could they have to go to all that trouble except some strange mysterious beneficial energy that the stones possess? Plus it's overwhelmingly mysterious that they choose ancient fossils!! Plus they bring other mysterious stones back to their nest.

Post I made a few years ago:

Jan 28, 2011 - 01:45pm PT
"The ants bring it to the surface, and its 90% sunstone pieces"

So mysterious. The Sioux Indians have a Yuwipi ceremony in their sweat lodges to commune with the spirits. The Yuwipi are small stones that ants collect and put on their mounds and are thought to have great power. The Indians put them in rattles to bring in the spirits. Among the Yuwipi are tiny ancient fossils of the earliest mammals. Paleontologists search ant mounds to find them. Without the work of the ants little would be known about the earliest mammals.

Alone Atop the Hill by Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes

[highered.mcgraw-hill.com]

see page 96

"Another group of keen natural observers—paleontologists—also consider ants as their allies. The ingenious "ant hill method of collecting minute fossils" was perfected in 1886 by one of the most original and successful bone hunters of that era, John Bell Hatcher. Noticing that anthills in the Nebraska-Dakota badlands yielded a "goodly number of mammal teeth," Hatcher used a baker's flour sifter to sort piles of anthill sand. By this method, he wrote, "I frequently secured from 200 to 300 teeth and jaws from one ant hill." Hatcher even began transporting shovelfuls of sand and ants to other Cretaceous mammal localities that he had discovered. After two years he would return to the site to harvest the ants' "efficient service in collecting . . . small fossils." By 1888, Hatcher was scooping up entire ant mounds on the prairie and packing them into crates addressed to Professor O. C. Marsh at Yale, where they were sifted in the Peabody lab for minuscule fossils of the earliest mammals.

Now, of course, it has become standard paleontological practice to examine anthills for microfossils. One Cretaceous mammal deposit in eastern Montana is known as the Bug Creek Anthills site, after paleontologists gritted their teeth and braved the stinging red harvester ants to collect an astonishing 130 tiny mammal teeth in just ten minutes. In 1965, fossil hunters found five thousand fossil traces of more than twenty-five species in a hundred anthills in the Badlands of South Dakota."

[www.dinosaurplanet.info]

Date: August 13, 2013 10:45PM

hey brome

thanks for the post
those ants sure don't know when to quit!
smiling smiley

yeh, it does make you wonder
then again, it does make me wonder why do some people work SOOOO hard and put in so many hours of labor to purchase and place
a piece of stone on their finger? - diamond

which species is crazier?

Posted by: brome ()
Date: August 14, 2013 12:30AM

Opal is the fossilized bones of ancient sea reptiles and other bones. Just like Shakepeare's famous king they too expierenced a "sea change" and turned into jewels.
On PBS they had a whole giant Plesiosaur skeleton that had changed into Opal.

"Full fathom five thy father lies;
Of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade,
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange. "

The Tempest

Date: August 14, 2013 12:56AM

i like opals
i like this one especially
it looks like a strange glittering planet

[www.gemstones-guide.com]

Date: August 14, 2013 01:49AM

Opal is beautiful. I have an aunt with that name. There also used to be a car with that name.

Date: August 15, 2013 05:42AM

opal really IS beautiful smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables