Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a 10 year live perspective
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 15, 2006 03:34AM

Hi

Now at 1 month into year 10 of 100% live my reaction is to just laugh for the shear joy of it all.So much positive change! It's no longer something that I'm trying to accomplish but a part of me that can't be removed. I actualy don't give it much thought utill I see others my age or younger totally falling apart and dieing left and right. Or going through grocery stores and seeing all of the foriegn objects. Yes, the more sickness I see the more meaningfull it becomes and the more thankfull I get. I don't have to argue with anyone. Possesing succes is all one needs. You can't argue about possesing success. Now transformed - playing music, writing music, and making musical instruments is my focus.Let the uninhibited flow of creativity pour into those dreams untill they become alive.

elnatural

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a 10 year live perspective
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 15, 2006 10:04PM

"It's no longer something that I'm trying to accomplish but a part of me that can't be removed."

Can you elaborate on this? Did it just happen or did you consciously play any part in it? Please share the details.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: November 16, 2006 04:02AM

Hi Gosia

Very good question and one that actualy made me think alot. I do that enough at work.

Years ago even though I comitted to a life time of raw foods- what ever it took, some where along the line a transition happened and I no longer had to make a concious effort of any kind at being live for life. I can't tell you when that was. It was a very natural and transparent transition. Things that helped along those lines where reading many books, associating with many raw foodist, attending many potlucks, living side by side for days with many of the mainstream rawfoodist and attending thier events.Long intense exersise months on end.Sapoty Brooks book eco-eating was responsible for making raw food eating totaly intuitive and with exact focused results using specific foods. When I was finally able to eat acording to that book without refering back to it, I was well on the way. The difference between the results in me and the lack of them in sad eaters confirms every step of the way. No I would never have guesed that it would become a total part of me as it has but would take some conscious thought. So this was not planned just another of the great results.
The longer I go the more natural this feels. Like being out in nature and becoming a part of it.

elnatural

Posted by: Brand new heart ()
Date: November 16, 2006 07:54AM

This is great motivation for me. Thank you very much!

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: November 16, 2006 04:40PM

So what is your diet like? What do you eat? What are your favorites? Ha! Wigmore or Hygiene?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 16, 2006 08:03PM

Interesting, any photos?

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 16, 2006 09:59PM

Thans elnatural! smiling smiley

For me, realizing that trying to achieve some goals was actually creating a struggle, led me to the change of my approach to raw. Of course, everyone is different. My tendency is that if I tell myself that I should be raw, then I rebel against it and have desires for cooked. If I can't have something, I want it! So, I decided to let myself free. I tell myself, "I can have anything I want", and ask myself, "What do I really want?". Taste and how I feel afterwards is what I focus on in my choices. This makes things easier for me. Having freedom to do anything I chose gives me space to chose, instead of being forced (by myself) to follow some preconceived ideas.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: November 17, 2006 01:26AM

coconut cream: check out my cocos, some pics per your request.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2006 01:28AM by ELL-NaturAl.

Date: November 17, 2006 02:55AM

cool, you in miami? I have never seen ya around.

Date: November 17, 2006 04:37AM

hello coconut cream

All of those picuture were taken on the west coast of FL. I lived Siesta Key Beach and then down to Port Charlette. I went down to HomeStead and Miami often.

Now in the opposite corner of the country.

MTNKathy

Diet answer soon:

elnatural

Date: November 18, 2006 01:20AM

MtnKathy

Ingredints of my "diet":
Sunlight
Distilled water
Positive thoughts
Laughter
Joy

Just about all vegetables at one time or the other:
Staples: Dark greens, Kales, spinach, collards, paresley, sea veggies, tomatoes, cabbage, brocoli, cuccumbers, carrots, beets, onions, garlic, ginger,
corn, peas, snap peas, asparagus, celery, radishes, olives, avacados, all kinds of sprouts, zuchini, cauliflower, mushrooms home made saurer kraut.

Herbs and spices:
Any of them, and I try to grow them myself so they are live

Just about all fruits, tropical fruits, berries, melons at one time or the other
Staples: apples,all citrus, cantaloupe, watermelon, peaches,grapes, bananas

dried fruit-
dates, figs, raisins - all staples

Dont know where to put coconuts.

Nuts and seeds-
all of them at one time or the other
staples: seseme, flax, pumpkin, sunflower, almonds,walnuts, pecans,

Juice
lots of veggie juice per day made mostly of dark greens.
no fruit juices.

fermented foods:
sauer kraut, onions, pickles, nut and seed cheese.

Sweeteners: stevia

ocasionals:
olive oil: coconut oil, bee polen,spiralina, celtic sea salt

favourites:
mango, watermelon, durian, avocado, pecans, cashews, habenaro pepers, tahini, humus, sprouts, garlic, suaer kraut

None of these:
grains- except for wheat grass and buckwheat
honey
calorie counting
suplements
medications
doctors
tv

How these are assimalted:
eat to live don't live to eat
dont eat on a certain schedule
eat only when realy hungry
appoximately 50/50 ratio of fruits to veggies, many times more veggies when doing gallons of juice.
a few nuts and or seeds thrown in
in general fruit, citrus juices with ginger, veggie juice, and teas until around noon.
in general mostly big salads after that.
rarely mix fruits together or with other things except to put appels in the veggie juice
all juice is made with a K&K grinder and hand press combo. It keeps for 24 hours.

that's the way I do it

elnatural

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2006 01:29AM by ELL-NaturAl.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: November 18, 2006 05:20AM

You look totally wonderful and happy, el. A great living example.

Date: November 18, 2006 05:32AM

wow you need to throw a raw food potluck here and i will invite many people.

Date: November 18, 2006 10:05AM

Amazing skin.

Date: November 18, 2006 10:08AM

I assume you get your iodine from seaweed, right? How much do you eat of that per day (dry/soaked weight)?

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: November 18, 2006 01:45PM

Ell-NatuRal,

If you were to host a pot luck as coconutcreamone suggests, I'd hop on a plane and fly out. I'm in VA.

You look very vibrant and healthy.

Hope all of you have a magic weekend.

Arilraw

Date: November 18, 2006 03:43PM

Arilraw, Coconutcream

Thanks for your kind interest in regards to a potluck. I'm several thousand miles from that area now. Knowing the oceans there, would have to be when the waters warm up again for swimming. I was just thinking the other day about some Homestead friends. I could bring more than a few from fl.

BNH
I don't measure anything, but lots of those. Iodine, yes.

elnaturAl

Date: November 20, 2006 04:51PM

elnatural, you are beautiful
body and spirit
but you know that already
live in the divine light brother
and thanks for inspiring me to throw the tv out
i don't watch much but it's insidious, how it deadens your mind and spirit.
love to you.

Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: November 20, 2006 05:07PM

ELL-NaturAl

So you don't take any B12 supplement then.

Do you eat after sunset (as some raw foodists don't)? Or, do you just eat however late in the eve you feel like eating ... if hungry.

Date: November 21, 2006 01:49AM

coco
Good, live your own life, don't watch fantansy go by on a screen.

vegan john
Why should I do that?

Like I said I eat when hungry. I try to limit it though or go lighter as it gets close to sleeping. When doing miles of biking, weight lifting, and swimming toghether daily I have woken up in the middle of the night starving, I try to stay with light fruit at those times.

Date: November 21, 2006 04:11AM

v.j.

I have taken B12 years ago, the only supplement I've used. Gabriel Cousins makes a very good case for using B12, but he says the only source is sewage. Where does sewage come from? So it should be in us right? I don't know.

My diet contains things though that NHers would scream about, sauerkraut, sea weed, bee polen, probiotics that go into the saurerkraut, spiralina, soaked nuts and seeds, fermented nuts and seeds.

elnatural

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: November 21, 2006 07:48AM

Rock on dude! You seem pretty happy in those pics!

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 29, 2006 05:22AM

Impressive! How young are you? That kiwi cake looks really really good, is that really raw? And there was another photo of things on a plate, some of them looked deep fried. Are you 100% raw and vegan, or do you cheat from time to time? Didn't your original post say you are 100% raw? Where any of those photos from your pre-raw days? Interesting raw foods, if they are all raw!

Date: November 29, 2006 02:19PM

Mislu

That Kiwi cake is a key lime pie, the food pictures were taken at ESSE Hopper's Sarasota, Fl Raw food Potluck, was my first public speaking time on raw foods.
It was a 100% raw food potluck. There's real life beyond all of those NH limitations, yes there is. Open your eyes and see.

Yourthfullness factor at that the time of those pictures was 49

elnatural

Posted by: MissSunshine ()
Date: November 30, 2006 05:14AM

WOW!! Your pictures are so wonderful. You shine smiling smiley

I have a question for ya.... did you post about doing Gabriel Cousens phase one a while back, when this forum was in the old format? I've been thinking about trying it and remember being inspired by you...

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 30, 2006 05:28AM

El-natural,
what is "NH"?

Date: December 06, 2006 05:08AM

MissSunshine

thanks for the comments

Yes, that was me about low glycemic on the old board.

--------------------------------------------

Mislu
Natural Hygiene

elnatural

Date: December 07, 2006 02:03AM

congrats smiling smiley

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:40PM

Hear you!!!!!!!!!! While I have not been 100% raw, I am certainly there now. And life could not be better if I tried. The bliss with which I live my life is beyond description. And the levels of illness you speak of are stunning. In my own life too many young people, men and women, are becoming afflicted by serious illnesses, many of which could have been and still can be addressed through a whole foods diet.

Goddess bless us all in our return to Eden.

Blissed be,

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables