Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New vegan Food Substitute
Posted by: Delta223 ()
Date: August 30, 2013 05:03AM

The guy behind this new vegan food substitute hopes to bring all the essential nutrients into a single efficient meal:

[campaign.soylent.me]

Unfortunately his reductionist mentality may come at a price. This is his response when I emailed him asking about phytonutrients:

Phytonutrients, aka plant metabolites or other intermediary chemicals used by plants for their own biological purposes are not essential for human nutrition. While studied to an extent, there is no preponderance of evidence that any of them provide more good than harm in a very diverse sample of humans. If research comes out that one are more do meet this criteria they will be included in soylent.

Many studied go both ways, perhaps having immune boosting properties in some people but being mildly toxic, allergenic, or inflammatory in others. As people with sensitive digestive systems are an important market for soylent it would not be judicious to include non-essentials like phytochemicals in the product.

some research:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
[pubs.acs.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New vegan Food Substitute
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 30, 2013 06:02AM

i read about them in some popular mechanics or was it science magazine ( one or the other, can't remember which but it was some science mag .. and it was maybe a few weeks ago . or so... if anyone remembers the magazine, let me know...

i remember reading about the ingredients
i won't comment because, on this forum, it is pretty obvious that i would be preaching to the choir, but yes... no plants ( that's why i won't comment because i'm a plant lover and well.... yeah)

so, i read that they did indeed derive their name soylent from a movie called soylent green where ( i think) the people lived in a world where nutritive sources were scarce and underground

at any rate, i do like the idea

i like making my own soylent green

in fact

but it would DEFINITELY involve LOTS of phytonutrients

that's for sure

DIY ( do it yourself)

run to your nearest blender

and have at it

rawylent green

yeah! smiling smiley

Re: New vegan Food Substitute
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 31, 2013 01:41AM

I agree with Storm. I was just going to ask if this is a joke. I think this person is seriously pulling a lot of peoples leg about supplements or something....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables