Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Master Cleanse - how to end?
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: November 18, 2006 12:02AM

I'm on day 10 of my first Master Cleanse. Everything's gone well. My question is this: I'm supposed to drink fresh squeezed orange juice tomorrow and I don't really want to. I've never been real fond of it and I'm feeling really OD'd on sweetened lemonade. I can barely stand the thought of drinking all that orange juice, or anything else that's sweet, for that matter. Has anyone ever broken a fast in some other way? I would appreciate your experience. Thanks!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Master Cleanse - how to end?
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 18, 2006 01:45AM

I've heard of someone using diluted carrot juice. take that for what you will.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: November 18, 2006 04:23AM

how about fresh apple juice? i'd prob water it down a bit.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: November 18, 2006 05:16AM

If you've maxed out on all that sweet, try green juices for coming off the fast. And congratulations on doing 10 days.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: November 19, 2006 06:16AM

I did the MC for 7 days on and 3 days off and another 7 on. I was like you, I couldn't stomach the though of any more lemonade or lemons for that matter.

I believe they recommend a vegetable soup which is cooked. I think the apple, green juice, or green raw soup would help. I did a 10 day water fast about 3 mos ago that I ended with a raw apple. I think I could only eat half of it.

Hope that helps.
Therese

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: November 20, 2006 02:27AM

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I was supposed to have only freshly squeezed orange juice for the first day and then the same for half of the second day - ending the day with veg. soup for dinner. I was trying to "go by the book" and had been 100% successful with the cleanse itself. But the orange juice wasn't keeping my appetite at bay and my blood sugar kept plummeting. So I added a lemonade and that helped. By the end of the day - I was DONE! I made myself some raw veg. soup with a miso base and ate a small bowl.

While I was making the soup, I nibbled on two paper thin slices of zucchini. I went orgasmic in the kitchen! My husband came to see what all the comotion was about. Best food that I EVER ate! I couldn't believe how much flavor is in a simple little slice of plain old zucchini!

Afterwards, I went to a party with friends and drank a cup of Teecchino (coffee substitute). No gas, no nausea and no problems at all.

All in all - it was a great experience and I'm feeling super after my first cleanse. I really did get tired of the sweetness of the maple syrup in the lemonade drink - that's my only complaint.

Life Is Good!

alive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables