Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie Calls out Durianrider and Freelee for Changing.
Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: November 19, 2013 05:24AM

[www.youtube.com]

they'll be back . not sure how much cooked carbs damge it will take

life vs lifelessness

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ronnie Calls out Durianrider and Freelee for Changing.
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: November 19, 2013 07:50AM

If the 100% strict raw vegan diet isn't working for Harley and Freelee any more then why should they go back to it. Their problem is going to the other extreme and eating 3 pizzas in one sitting.

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: November 19, 2013 12:08PM

You have to LOL at Freelea's latest video where she is ranting about her frustration with the raw food movement making out that cooked food is poison.

It was Harley and herself that started most of this elite 100% raw dogma, albeit they weren't the first dogmatic promoters to shun all cooked foods but they certainly were the most brash and public about it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2013 12:11PM by powerlifter.

Date: November 19, 2013 06:55PM

There was an interesting question posed on the 80/10/10 on 17/ 11, " Ancestors and vegetables '' asking about modern fruit and vegies as opposed to how they were originally before mankind tampered with them.It's worth reading his answer. The really interesting thing was the answer from Doug Graham. Basically he said who cares what the fruit and vegies were like in the distant past. Who cares if the fruits were smaller, less sweet and harder to access, he's only interested in what is available today.

I Nominate Harley for ' Hypocrite of the decade Award ' for his trenchant criticism and constant belittling of people who ate cooked food and then going to the other extreme and sitting down to 3 pizzas in one sitting. I still can't believe he actually drinks water with white sugar poured in it. He may as well drink Coke as it has more flavour - and make money out of it. He could be doing his runs and bike rides and attributing all his athletic abilities to drinking Coke and get paid for the ads.

Next thing will be them having eggs and cheese and saying it's ok as long as it's not meat.

A bit of common sense is what is really needed in all this.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 19, 2013 10:45PM

Okay, I don't know how they were intially because I have only been following them for about six months or so. But in addition to being forth-coming about not being 100% raw, I believe they do not eat gluten products. Freelee has shown herself eating corn and other non-gluten pastas. So I think you might be wrong about that aspect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2013 10:45PM by banana who.

Date: November 20, 2013 01:44AM

Banana who, with all due respect, you're just splitting hairs in trying to defend them. What's the difference with gluten and gluten free - it's all cooked? They still need to put it in an oven with oils and whatever, and it's not natural.Pasta doesn't grow on trees.

They can eat whatever they like, but they should just come out and admit they were rude, hypocritical and egotistical. They're like the Christian politicians who rally against all sort of things regarding sex and then they get caught out using prostitutes or having affairs when they are married. It's not what they are doing, but the hypocrisy. Why don't they come out and explain why they aren't sticking to the 100% raw natural food which they browbeat everyone about? And can you explain what Harley is doing putting half a dispenser of white sugar in his water - even people on SAD don't do that?

I really couldn't care what anybody ate. I'm just trying to help some new people avoid the pitfalls that a lot of us had when there was no forum like this.

Date: November 20, 2013 02:42AM

BJ, first of all I was responding to the post that specified gluten products. That poster obviously feels that gluten is not good for the body but some people eat grains that do not contain gluten.

If you are upset with their rudeness, then that is your experience and your reaction. Some people don't see it the same way. I don't have any reason to defend them--I am not personal friends of theirs, nor do I follow their path. But to call someone a hypocrite for changing might be a bit much. Everyone can evolve and it's actually a sign of being flexible and not just clinging to a position out of fear of having been wrong or whatever.

As I said, I haven't been following them too long so I don't know what they initially preached. It's really nothing to get all bothered about in the grand scheme of things, is it?

By the way, I have watched Harley and Freelee adding coconut sugar to their smoothies, NOT white sugar. Please post proof of your claim with a video on this thread.

Date: November 20, 2013 07:50AM

It's on the same video as Pizza-gate where he scoffs the 3 pizzas down in one sitting. The link is on the ' 30Bananas a day sucks ' topic where you asked for the Pizza-gate video as proof. Same video.

Date: November 20, 2013 08:34AM

The 80-10-10 diet has a lousy record. l am surprised there are so many people trying it. lf l was paid millions of dollars to live on that diet for 5 years, l still wouldn't try it, NO WAY!

Maybe Doug realises the 80-10-10 raw diet is dying because it's promoters are failing in droves and he wants to keep the fame and money flowing by conveniently re-inventing it to include cooked food.

The good thing to come out of the raw leaders failing is that it will hopefully be a up call for people so they can look at more sound options.

l'll do a Fred and say that l can see the 80-1-10 raw diet will be dead soon.

Last note
It's such a pity raw diets need to be so hard to thrive on. We all have our dreams and good intentions to thrive on an all raw diet, but it is very rarely the case.

Why do raw foods have to be hard and unforgiving?

Why do raw foods have to have so many anti nutrients?

Why can't we just eat raw and have everyone thrive??? People try so hard to be all raw and do something special and they nearly all get chewed up and spat out. It's crazy the way raw foods are, so many issues.

Why can't we all reach bliss and perfection on the raw diet?

Why can't our raw fantasies come true for everyone?

Date: November 20, 2013 09:16AM

TSM, to answer your question about why we can't eat a raw diet - because the human race is a rotten race. Everywhere they go the destroy the natural environment.

Was there ever a human race as we know them who ate a raw diet, and what would it have consisted of? No wild tribes or peoples that have been discovered in the last 4 hundred years have been on a 100% strict raw diet, and if there ever were, how many hundreds of thousands of years ago would it have been, and how accustomed to cooked foods would our systems have become over all this time?

Animals have been eating raw diets since day one, but humans have been eating cooked food for so long that it presents big challenges, as well as the poor quality food from poor soil, and never freshly picked. All animals eat all their foods fresh, so to expect humans to just accustom themselves to eat 100% in a space of a couple of years is a big ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 09:27AM by BJ.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:26AM

actually, the Pritckin diet was the 801010 diet back them. It was used to treat hearth problems with better results than surgery. The 801010 includes vegetables and small amounts of nuts, not only fruit. Many 801010 followers also take supplements Just In Case. Now, there are people anti 801010 who would Love to see them sunk. They make high noise as to why they take supplements! je je. BUt they themselves take supplements. My advice is, if you think the diet is weak, then take a supplement and forget about it. Forget about the crying sinkers.

Date: November 20, 2013 09:33AM

The Pritikin diet originally relied on the heavy usage of grains and severely restricted the use of fruit. Any diet was better than the horrible SAD American and American influenced diet so any diet removing all that fat and junk food made a big improvement.

Date: November 20, 2013 09:36AM

I have to correct and clarify my statement about the human race being a rotten race. It's only since industrialsation and the coming of the white people to the old world that they have destroyed the environment.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:39AM

you don't have to follow a diet to the T like a robot. You should try things and see what works. At the end, a macro ratio of 80 10 10 is best. I take supplements because I've seen the video from experts specialized on their field. Even if I ate animals, I would take them because it makes sense to me. I've been doing really well to know my diet works. Supps are really cheap and last a long time.

Date: November 20, 2013 09:43AM

Panchito, you said it. The only diet that is important to a person is the diet that works for them, not something that works for one individual.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:37PM

Who in the world is Ronnie and why does he rate yet another thread about you know who and you know who?

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:12PM

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 07:13PM by suncloud.

Date: November 20, 2013 07:49PM

BJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TSM, to answer your question about why we can't
> eat a raw diet - because the human race is a
> rotten race. Everywhere they go the destroy the
> natural environment.

Exactly. We ate from the forbidden fruit (our poison) and now have the karma to face up to because of less than perfect digestion of all foods imo. l combine a highly spiritual point of view in this statement.

>
>
> Animals have been eating raw diets since day one,

Even various animals suffer from problems with anti nutrients when eating various raw foods. It's all in the science literiture. As we hybridise foods further and further, both mankind and animals will suffer.

> All animals eat all their foods
> fresh, so to expect humans to just accustom
> themselves to eat 100% in a space of a couple of
> years is a big ask.

True, but it goes much further than that. The hybridisation is changing food so fast that human evolution can't keep up with the changes.

Brian Clement calls the Hippocrates Diet 90-05-05. smiling smiley (90% carbs, 5% fat, 5% protein). Remember that a high sprout based diet is mainly predigested fats and predigested proteins. I can't see how he can call it 90-05-05, but that's what he has called it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 07:58PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: November 21, 2013 12:35AM

clement has been caught lying and cheating too much to take serious

life vs lifelessness

Date: November 21, 2013 12:55AM

Diogenez Wrote:
> clement has been caught lying and cheating too
> much to take serious

What do you mean by cheating? We know he isn't always 100% raw, but l would be surprised if he wasn't vegan.

He does give some questionable info, but much of his info is very very good and works.

He is a man definitely worth taking 95% seriously because he has many answers to diet. You won't find many better people in the movement than him, actually, l can't think of a better contributor to the raw movement than Brian.

Lots of partial info from leaders so we need to do our own research and work out what's going on. I can't think of one single leader who is giving a 100% pure message, all have holes in their theories. Who cares...l have a brain...i'll work out my own theories and see how l go.

Date: November 27, 2013 12:36PM

Natural Hygiene has all there has ever been and all there ever will be.

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 03, 2013 04:47AM

I agree Diogenez

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 05, 2013 04:26AM

I just saw the video of durianrider eating cooked wheat pizza. Its so trippy man. I cant stand it. Its like, he is not supposed to be eating pizza. Everything is so wrong. Is this like part of the apocalypse? Have they been infiltrated, their brains? LOL No Harley. No pizza!

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 07, 2013 09:32PM

Here's Doug Graham's view on starch as a backup plan: What's the Least Toxic Cooked Food Back Up?

Date: December 07, 2013 09:36PM

Prana Wrote:
> Here's Doug Graham's view on starch as a backup
> plan: What's the Least Toxic Cooked Food Back Up?

LOL...check out the up-down votes on that one. Pretty funny. Thanks.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 07, 2013 09:43PM

banana who, the down thumbs are Harley's army of fanboys negging Dr. Graham's video.

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: December 07, 2013 10:03PM

I paused the video to write my reply on here about his poor reasons for not eating starches or grains and this was the paused image. There not my favorite foods either, he could have spoke about how many are intolerant to grains/starches or the celiac/gluten aspect.

But basically what he is saying is that we should only eat sweet foods, nothing savory. Sounds like hes got a raging sweet tooth from the way he talks about needing to eat sweet foods.

This is why you don't want to eat too much fruit lol

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 10:14PM by powerlifter.

Date: December 07, 2013 10:04PM

Prana Wrote:
> banana who, the down thumbs are Harley's army of
> fanboys negging Dr. Graham's video.

"Harley's army of fanboys..." Tee heewinking smiley

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 07, 2013 10:54PM

His only answer is to buy his book and read it. He does not answer the question about starches other than to claim that they're tasteless and are therefore often combined with fats and salt.

Prana Wrote:
> Here's Doug Graham's view on starch as a backup
> plan: What's the Least Toxic Cooked Food Back Up?

Date: January 30, 2015 07:39AM

what do you mean too much fruit , powerlifter, can you give me an example and the effects you fear?

life vs lifelessness

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables