Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Harley attacks Doug Graham on the 80 / 10 / 10 board- and eveyone else.
Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 06, 2013 10:36AM

Deer antler is used for what?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 06, 2013 05:34PM

Deer antlers? People eat them? ew why? Is that a back up plan? Hmmm raw food pie or deer antler...I will take raw food pie. That is so gross Deer antler. I mean, what the hell do they say it does?

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 06, 2013 06:25PM

Here's some deer antler from Jing Herbs:

[www.jingherbs.com]

At least a couple of "raw" or "live-food" sites sold this for quite some time, but I think all have stopped now, probably because of pressure from the community, and maybe even because of pressure from Harley and Freelee - which to me is justified.

It used to be called "deer velvet", and most people had no idea what it was. In Australia and New Zealand, farmers often used stun guns to down the deer and then saw off their antlers, which left a painful bloody mess, since the antlers have nerves and veins.

I give Dan Macdonald credit for never doing it again, once he knew what it was.

As for people dredging up a competitor's previous mistakes and making it a big issue now, this is difficult to justify, IMO.

Date: December 06, 2013 07:04PM

Forgot to say in my post above: The info at the link for the deer antler product refers to "total dedication of the New Zealand Game Industry Board to the absolutely humane treatment of the animals during the harvesting process" and "the antlers are harvested under the auspices of licensed and trained veterinarians."

[www.jingherbs.com]

Not really. "Auspices" is a tricky word. Sounds like a veterinarian will be there during the "harvesting". When I wrote to one "raw food" site to complain, their response quoted this same claim. But the New Zealand rules actually say that after the initial farmer training, "The veterinarian must be present on a minimum of one further occasion during the velvet harvest season."

Anyway, people can read the rules for themselves to judge whether this is humane treatment.

New Zealand rules: [www.biosecurity.govt.nz]

To me, this is not humane at all.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 06, 2013 10:26PM

HH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow. The Arnsteins had to put off buying a new
> house so that they could put on a fruit festival?
> Oh the sacrifice! What next? Will they have to
> sell their Lamborghini? Move over Mother Theresa!
> You ain't got nothin' on these two!

I didn't get that either. I mean, they charge over a grand a person so what is all this money that was invested into the fest going to? She seems like a nice, straight-forward person, however, so I give her the benefit of the doubt... smiling smiley

Date: December 06, 2013 10:26PM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
> Deer antler is used for what?

Getting. it. up.

Date: December 06, 2013 10:30PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> banana who Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > in the last couple have bought fries here and
> > there.
>
> How did it effect you?
>
> I found the rider's post quite comical actually.
> The raw food world is a funny old world. I
> supposed everyone is shocked that Doug grinded his
> nuts. winking smiley

How did it affect me? I could tell there were chemicals in them. sad smiley Just that wiped out feeling, not vibrant. But I am actually quite cast-iron in most respects with eating crap food. I don't have allergies and am not intolerant of many things so I can do it but I choose not to all the time.

Date: December 06, 2013 11:06PM

I love Harley and Freelea. But I have to ask them, why not have a raw nori roll with some :truly raw: nut pate as a back up plan? Or raw vegan dishes such an kelp noodles or raw tacos? Those are very filling. Or dehydrated mango? Maybe some raw cookies? Maybe a raw thai coconut cake ...zucchini chips? Even flax and banana crackers.

Harley has passion and energy. I wonder if when Freelea disagrees with him, tell me, who would win the argument?

He definitely should have been an attorney..he has mad skills arguing his point. I would hire him as mine.

Peace to them both I have so much love and respect for them. No cooked food for me though. Just raw foods. Fruits.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 07, 2013 06:47AM

There is an excellent comment on woodstockfruitfestival.com by a user named Nidge who calls Durianrider on his BS. The link is Comment by Nidge, and I've pasted the contents of his comment below.

================

Comment by Nidge 22 hours ago

This forum is about being respectful 'suzy' - Durianrider

Do you have even the slightest amount of self awareness? Seriously.

On this very thread you referred to one of WFF pioneers as "ATM" - is that being "respectful"?

On another forum yesterday you also called that same pioneer a "snake slickster" and inferred that he took "recreational drugs" also and that the WFF should to look into this. In that same post you also suggested, quite sinisterly it has to be said, that WFF pioneers were making up "BS to cover their fake a****" and inferred they should be mindful of continuing to do so, as you recorded many Skype conversations you've had with them.

Now, where were we? Oh yeah, we were talking about people needing to be "respectful". The irony.

Course, if Suzy posted that comment on one of your YouTube channels, no doubt she'd be blocked in a heartbeat. How do I know? Well, because I've been seeing you do it with my own two eyes for years.

I may be new to posting but as a sufferer of CFIDS for over twenty years, I have read almost everything there is to read on raw food diets and watched all the videos related to it also. So I am well versed on almost all the 'raw foodists' and how they conduct themselves online and with out question, Durian, you are the most disrespectful and rude person in the raw community, bar none. You can dress it up any way you like, and call it your style, or refer to it as 'telling it how it is' etc etc, but the simple truth is that you just have zero self awareness about how what and you do and say effects others.

You have been making 'bash' videos for years, and for the most part, I always liked them, as they tended to be calling out people's hypocrisy on certain issues but then I began to notice that many liked comments on your channels were getting deleted after I had gave them a thumbs up. It became clear not long after that you were aggressively sanitizing your channel and 30BaD of even the slightest amount of discourse when a person showed themselves to be a little more clued up on a topic than you. We are all aware of the banning of John and Don recently, which is of course your own business, but there were many many Dons and Johns over the years, many times often banned for daring to say they eat cooked food (that's right Harley, you can't whitewash history completely, no matter how much you'd like to).

With regards to cooked food though, I think the emphasis has very cleverly been focused on that part of Michael's post by Harley, as if that was the single reason for the demotion, but it quite obviously wasn't. Did you miss the part regarding "processed and refined foods"? As I have said, I am someone who was (and still am to a large degree) plagued with problems of ill health (slowly recovering thanks to raw, fresh, organic, whole foods) and so it really wound me up to see this on one of your videos a few months back, back up plan or not:

You're a healthy guy, Harley - but do you not think about people who might come to your channel, having read you are a pioneer of the WFF and see you doing that and so decide to try it themselves? As I say, I know it's part of your so called 'back up plan' but surely you must realize the dangers of eating such a high volume of refined processed sugar for certain people who maybe are diabetic, have adrenal or pancreatic insufficiency? I mean the list of conditions that this way of eating could potentially exasperate, is endless.

I also find it very telling that all the venomous remarks, all the hate-filled comments, and all the attacks on people's credibility are coming from only one side. - Don Bennett

And this to me is the crux of the issue.

It's been nearly a week since I last posted and I was hoping by this stage Harley, that you would have conceded some point that others have raised regarding your behavior and I think, had you done so, had you held your hands up a little and taken a step back for some reflection, then perhaps you and Freelee may have been pioneers again by WFF 2014. I genuinely believe that was a possibility, but, all you have done is gone on the attack and tried to throw your fellow pioneers under the bus.

The video you posted regarding your demotion was nothing short of a self serving, self pitying, self deluded, self absorbed, narcissistic, deflective, excuse of an attempt to defend your actions over the past year or more. Not for a second did either of you give the impression that you have any self awareness of how your diet may have gone in the wrong direction, let alone how your treatment of Dan may have not been very fair. On the contrary, in the video you continued to call Dan names, nit pick the hell out of him, accuse Kristina of being fake, show screencaps where she has received bad reviews, revealed things Michael *supposedly* said to you in a private conversation and capped it all off by saying that this is all just the two of you "staying true to who you are".

Hmm, well, I would tend to agree, as I really don't think there is a snow's chance in hell that either of you will ever see things from the point of view of those you aim your "comments and criticisms" at. The nitpicking, the name calling, the pontificating, the exaggerations, the false accusations etc etc will always be seen by the two of you as just "telling the truth" and so I'll leave you both with the following satirical video that is doing the rounds today on Facebook, where the tables are turned and in it, Harley, it is you that gets the 'Durianrider treatment'.

After you watch it, would really appreciate if you would ask yourself how you'd feel, if it were a fellow WFF pioneer making such a nitpicking, exaggerating video and then publicly aimed it at you.

Is Durianrider an Ethical Vegan?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 07:02AM by Prana.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: December 07, 2013 09:57PM

Any person behaving like that person Harvey is either mentally unstable or an agent of some sort. That is a typical behavior of planted little agents who are supposed to lead groups astray.
In general, people who constantly thrive on distress, uneasiness, disharmony, conflict - are not the ones to be around. The best reaction - ignore them and forget them.

Date: December 08, 2013 05:52AM

This has never been done before and we shall all see what happens,

When a fruitarian all of a sudden binges on processed sugars and pizzas..it has to be dangerous, like maybe its a sign of candida overgrowth, symptoms including, not being able to see right from wrong, yeast cravings are yours, and comes the fungus and microforms.I am scared.

Thanks Prana for posting this.

As far as fruitarian elitism, there is a famous fruitarian, probably the most famous one, who cooks food for the "OTHER " child, the cooked food sibling, noone ever heard about or knows exis. But noone knows this and they think fruit eaters are elitists, who would never work in skyscrapers or wear a suit. Who live in waterfalls, sleep in hammocks and tan on beaches all day. Even those who post photos, that isnt their whole life. We are part of society as whole. Just like you and me. WE HAVE NOT BECOME ANGELS YET FOLKS. Anyone can call themselves 811, after doing it one week.

I remember a member was being featured in GITMR photos section, and I had dinner with him earlier that week, and he told me he just had a steak at some dinner party. And he ate cooked anyways, so he says. Anyways, I ratted him out. I feel so bad because later he opened a raw food restaurant and helped so many people.

When I was at the TREE OF LIFE for three months, with shock, that my roomate, when we were in South Beach together ordered an omelette, at the setai. I was like omg. I wanted to barf. But they they went on to work at Julianos raw restaurant and had some recipes named after them

I think raw is law. I do. But I get we make mistakes, huge ones, and I hope others call me out on them. I hope we all support and help each other, but really, stop attacking, and start living the lifestyle and loving.

I hope feelings get healed and things are more clearer. I am so glad to witness raw history and talk to all you folks.

How can you start something you have never done before and be successful at it, right away..when someone who eats only fruit, binges on pizzas, you say, oh you had a relapse, what can I do to help you stay off them.? You run to them, you try to help them, maybe bring them back to reason.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 06:05AM by coconutcream.

Date: December 08, 2013 09:32AM

Yes, I agree coconutcream. Maybe everyone involved should go someplace and fast together for a week. Just water.

Hard to know how any of us would react in some similar situation. Trouble now is that everyone feels under attack.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables