Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw cranberries
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 22, 2006 05:45PM

i can get cranberries at the moment.. can i eat them raw in my green smoothie or do they have to be cooked, never had raw cranberries before .. possibly cos i live in the uk..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw cranberries
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 22, 2006 06:12PM

Make some nutmilk, any kind you like. Then put it in the blender (2-6 tbsp) with your cranberries (1/3-1/2 cup) and whiz them up. You might add a little bit of fresh coconut meat chopped up in little pieces, about a teaspoon or so.

Pour this over a fruit salad that has as many different fruits as you like: apples, oranges, grapes, pears, peaches, berries, etc.

Sprinkle other nut meats on top (walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds, etc.)

You will think that you have died and gone to heaven. I could LIVE off this for the rest of my life and never get tired of it.

Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: December 18, 2006 07:04PM

Oh yum....my husband and I had this for dinner last night and it was so good. Thanks for the recipe. My daughter REALLY enjoyed it too. I think it will be for dinner tonight as well!

Posted by: samina ()
Date: December 18, 2006 10:19PM

hey, arugala... this sounds great. i've got some raw cranberries at home right now -- may try this for supper.

rawpipstar, i've been sipping on a smoothie all day made from mango/kiwi/clementine juice/cranberries/spinach/coconut oil & himalayan crystal salt. absolutely de-lish! not bitter at all, and incredibly "zing-y"!

smiling smiley

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: December 20, 2006 10:13PM

YUM thanks Arugula - great recipe idea.

I've eaten lots of raw cranberries over the years so I would say that yes, you can def eat them raw. However they are VERY tart. I love the idea of combining them with a nut milk.

I used to eat raw cranberries over the holidays before going raw because they so effectively cut my appetite & kept me from binging on carbs & desserts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables