Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
raw 801010 couple does 366 marathons in a row
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 01, 2014 01:54PM

if 801010 is unthealthy, how come is possible? They are in the 60s!

[www.abc.net.au]

"A Melbourne couple has completed their 366th marathon in as many days, bringing an end to a 15,000-kilometre journey around Australia.

Janette Murray-Wakelin and Alan Murray travelled 44 kilometres down the Yarra Trail today to their home at Warrandyte.

The couple, in their 60s, completed the year-long journey on a raw vegan diet."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw 801010 couple does 366 marathons in a row
Date: January 01, 2014 02:12PM

this is their diet

[www.runningrawaroundaustralia.com]\

"We have been enjoying unlimited energy for the past 10 years due primarily to our 100% Low Fat Raw Vegan Diet. A vegan diet is based on fresh, ripe, organic fruits and vegetables with NO animal products. A 100% low fat, raw, vegan diet is based on the 80/10/10 principle of 80% carbohydrates, 10% protein and 10% fat derived from fresh, ripe, organic fruits and vegetables. A low fat, raw vegan 80/10/10 diet does NOT include any animal products, processed or junk foods and does NOT include any stimulants, drugs, supplements nor 'superfoods'. By eliminating all acid-forming foods (everything other than fresh ripe,organic fruits and vegetables) and increasing the amount of alkaline foods in our diet,(fresh, ripe, organic fruits and vegetables) we have attained a higher level of optimum health, improved our physical fitness and increased our performance level.

Our typical daily menu may include:
On rising and before a short (15km) training run: 10oz pure spring water, 1 banana
Breakfast and after short run: Green smoothie (fruit, greens & water), 5+ bananas
Lunch: Either 20+ mandarines,10+ oranges, 1 melon, 1 pineapple, 5+ bananas and/or other fruits
Dinner: Either a large green salad with savoury fruits; tomato, cucumber, courgette, capsicum etc
or a large fruit smoothie, or 1 large fruit such as a melon, papaya, pineapple etc
Snacks: Any fruit or a freshly squeezed fruit or vegetable juice
Before a long (15+km) training run: 20oz water, 10oz fruit smoothie, 2-5 bananas
During a long (20+km) training run: water, dates
After a long (20+km) run: Breakfast plus extra fruit especially bananas
"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 02:14PM by Panchito.

Posted by: anon101 ()
Date: January 01, 2014 03:28PM

wow, that's extraordinary! and very inspiring!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 03:38PM by anon101.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 01, 2014 03:36PM

I LOVE IT!!!

When I became a Vegan in 1986, my endurance level skyrocketed and I was exercising 7 to 8 hours every day, so it was extremely obvious to me that DIET played a HUGE role. And then, when I went Raw Vegan in 1990, it no longer took 3 to 4 hours of rest after I ate for my next workout. In most cases, 1 or 2 hours was plenty of rest for me to go at it again.

RAW VEGAN RULES!!!

Peace and Love..........John

Date: January 01, 2014 03:36PM

``

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 03:39PM by anon101.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 01, 2014 03:57PM

only 10 years? that's not long enough!
maybe they're cheating!
anyone can do that!
they're too skinny!
well maybe some people can do the diet, but not most people!
where are the superfoods! you can't do this diet without sprouts and wheatgrass, right?
you can only do this diet if you exercise excessively like them, right?
too much sugar!
they need more protein!
they will fail in another 10 years, right?

they should be on the front page of every newspaper.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 01, 2014 04:22PM

Is too much exercise dangerous for your heart?

Learn more: [www.naturalnews.com]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2tYXUyFAxs (Dr. Fred Bisci) -

Around 5:00 mark - "You can eat fruit, fruit is a great food, and you regulate the amount of fruit by the intensity of your exercise. There no sense in me, if I'm the type of person who does no exercise, eating 3-4 pounds of fruit because all youre going to end up with is hyperinsulinism... if you have hyperinsulinism and youre not a diabetic you're going to have tremendous amount of energy and think you've discovered a secret... when you have a lot of insulin in your blood all the time you're damaging your arteries"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 04:23PM by jtprindl.

Date: January 01, 2014 04:34PM

and let the negativity parade begin - first up,, jtprindl....

>where are the superfoods! you can't do this diet without sprouts and wheatgrass, right?

you take powerlifter to task for not answering your questions. now answer the above.

I know, you will defend what you currently believe to the death, with something, like "they haven't been doing it long enough, or they are ill on the inside, etc" even though she cured herself of cancer that she got on a REGULAR cooked vegan diet.

check yourself. if you think that your current belief system is valid. ask yourself, have you ever changed your mind on anything? why do we get to a point in life and just remain stagnant? ego maybe?

>You can eat fruit, food is a great food, and you regulate the amount of fruit by the intensity of your exercise. There no sense in me, if I'm the person who does no exercise, eating 3-4 pounds of fruit because all youre going to end up with is hyperinsulinism...

not sure what the point of the above is. one should obviously eat a proper amount of food based on activity.

>if you have hyperinsulinism and youre not a diabetic you're going to have tremendous amount of energy and think you've discovered a secret... when you have a lot of insulin in your blood all the time you're damaging your arteries"

hypothetical nonsense. provide the evidence or stop your fearmongering and Bisci worship.

Date: January 01, 2014 04:47PM

I am not even claiming that someone else could not do what they did.

The point is, at their age it is extraordinary and the only reason they could do it with relative EASE
is because of clean tissues. You cannot recover properly on a cooked diet - too much fatigue and muscle pain.

anyone can be afraid of fruit, eat mostly greens or paleo and do ok. but when you add in activity, that's when it becomes clear. And what is a better test of diet? meditation or activity? we are not slugs.

certainly some overeat and one does not need to feel shamed or guilted if you're not eating as those two are. it's simply another strong indicator and inspiration.

Date: January 01, 2014 05:12PM

Yeah... why listen to Dr. Fred Bisci, what does he know? He's only been on a raw food diet for over 40 years and has a PhD in Nutrition. And when did I say anything about a cooked diet?

No one is saying fruits are bad for you, they provide excellent nourishment(ripe and fresh), it's when you eat an EXCESSIVE amount of fruit on a consistent basis... which results in hyperinsulinism. And no you don't NEED wheatgrass, sprouts, algae, or sea vegetables to survive, but you're doing yourself a nutritional disservice by excluding them from your diet. Things like chlorella, AFA, sunflower greens, wheatgrass, broccoli/alfalfa/pea shoot sprouts, etc.

According to the Hippocrates Institute, which has healed and cured thousands of people, including people who were told they had days or weeks to live, says that human health is comprised of four things (HOPE): Hormones, Oxygen, Phytochemicals, Enzymes. Fresh sprouts and grasses, algae, and sea vegetables are all extraordinary when it comes to these four things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 05:19PM by jtprindl.

Date: January 01, 2014 05:35PM

>'s when you eat an EXCESSIVE amount of fruit on a consistent basis... which results in hyperinsulinism.

and yet durianrider just got blood tests showing that your statement is false.
But don't let that inconvenient fact change your dogmatism.
And certainly continue to make your statement in the face of contradictory evidence if
you prefer to continue your cognitive dissonance.

>And no you don't NEED wheatgrass, sprouts, algae, or sea vegetables to survive, but you're doing yourself a nutritional disservice by excluding them from your diet. Things like chlorella, AFA, sunflower greens, wheatgrass, broccoli/alfalfa/pea shoot sprouts, etc.

well you've at least backed off from your earlier statements implying that they are required.
your statement is still baseless. but you are certainly entitled to it.

>According to the Hippocrates Institute, which has healed and cured thousands of people, including people who were told they had days or weeks to live, says that human health is comprised of four things (HOPE): Hormones, Oxygen, Phytochemicals, Enzymes. Fresh sprouts and grasses, algae, and sea vegetables are all extraordinary when it comes to these four things.

brian clement spews nonsense. ANY improvement from those people's diets will result in improvement. it doesn't have to be his low fruit program, supported by his nonsense live blood studies.

you have GOT to find some better gurus.

Better yet be your own guru, and show your splendid results.

Date: January 01, 2014 05:41PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >'s when you eat an EXCESSIVE amount of fruit on a
> consistent basis... which results in
> hyperinsulinism.
>
> and yet durianrider just got blood tests showing
> that your statement is false.
> But don't let that inconvenient fact change your
> dogmatism.
> And certainly continue to make your statement in
> the face of contradictory evidence if
> you prefer to continue your cognitive dissonance.
>
> >And no you don't NEED wheatgrass, sprouts,
> algae, or sea vegetables to survive, but you're
> doing yourself a nutritional disservice by
> excluding them from your diet. Things like
> chlorella, AFA, sunflower greens, wheatgrass,
> broccoli/alfalfa/pea shoot sprouts, etc.
>
> well you've at least backed off from your earlier
> statements implying that they are required.
> your statement is still baseless. but you are
> certainly entitled to it.
>
> >According to the Hippocrates Institute, which has
> healed and cured thousands of people, including
> people who were told they had days or weeks to
> live, says that human health is comprised of four
> things (HOPE): Hormones, Oxygen, Phytochemicals,
> Enzymes. Fresh sprouts and grasses, algae, and sea
> vegetables are all extraordinary when it comes to
> these four things.
>
> brian clement spews nonsense. ANY improvement
> from those people's diets will result in
> improvement. it doesn't have to be his low fruit
> program, supported by his nonsense live blood
> studies.
>
> you have GOT to find some better gurus.
>
> Better yet be your own guru, and show your
> splendid results.

Lol... you are bashing Dr. Fred Bisci and Brian Clement and promoting DurianRider? This conversation is over.

Date: January 01, 2014 05:42PM

I am not fond of running, but just sprinted 3 miles in the rain.

felt great.

Thanks to janette and alan, for inspiring others .

Date: January 01, 2014 05:44PM

I am not promoting durianrider. Are you paying attention or is it more convenient for you to bow out when confronted with facts?

I stated that he does not have insulin problems, as you suggested, while overeating on fruit.

your move.

Date: January 01, 2014 06:37PM

a good book very related to this is this one:

[www.amazon.com]

it is about exercise and low fat vegan lifestyle. it contains no secrets but it puts many things together about a low fat vegan diet and disease prevention or recovery. check the reviews

"Nearing 70, Ruth Heidrich has the bone mass density of a woman in her early thirties and a resting heart rate of 44. Not only that, but she has survived breast cancer for over twenty years and recovered from several accidents that have broken limbs and stopped her (temporarily) doing from what she loves best—keeping fit and being positive.

In Senior Fitness, the "other" Dr. Ruth demonstrates that the senior years don’t have to filled with aches and pains. She shows how to dramatically reduce the risk of prostate cancer, varicose veins, osteoporosis, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s, and a host of other ailments and diseases that can affect older people. Full of detailed medical information, Senior Fitness shows you how you can eat healthfully, stay fit, and maintain a positive and go-getting attitude to life, maintaining and even increasing physical and sexual fitness well into your latter decades. Part compendium of vital information for your vital signs and part inspiring handbook for taking control of your health and well-being, Senior Fitness is the perfect companion for all those seeking to make life after 60 full of life and dynamism."

"Ruth Heidrich received her Ph.D. in Health Management in 1993 and is the author of A Race For Life (Lantern Books, 2000) and The Race For Life Cookbook. She is a certified fitness trainer and holds three world records for fitness for her age group at the renowned Cooper Clinic in Dallas, Texas. She still actively competes in marathons and triathlons, having won more than 800 trophies and medals since her diagnosis of breast cancer in 1982 at the age of 47. With Terry Shintani, M.D., she co-hosts the radio show "Nutrition & You" on KWAI-AM in Hawaii. She is the founding member and past president of the Vegetarian Society of Hawaii and past president of the Mid-Pacific Road Runners Club. She has won eight gold medals in the Senior Olympics in Hawaii, Arizona, and Nevada. "

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 06:41PM by Panchito.

Date: January 01, 2014 11:13PM

www.purepassionforlife.com/ScarySweets.pdf

Date: January 01, 2014 11:40PM

so confusing!

clement says fruit is evil and yet
bisci says

[anydoubtleaveitout.com]

what is a person to do?

get a third opinion?

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: January 01, 2014 11:47PM

Just use common sense.
use fruits in moderation.

Date: January 02, 2014 12:25AM

fresh Wrote:
> so confusing!
>
> clement says fruit is evil and yet
> bisci says
>
> [anydoubtleaveitout.com]
> s-about-fruit-just-do-it-right
>
> what is a person to do?
>
> get a third opinion?

Not fruit, excess sugar, whether it be from 'honey, agave nectar, maple syrup, corn syrup, xylitol, yacon syrup, evaporated cane juice or crystals, fructose, dried fruit, fresh fruit or its juices'.

"Addiction is the scourge of humanity and there is no more greatly abused substance than sugar". Key word: abused. So both Bisci and Clement are saying the same thing, fruit is healthy but in moderation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 12:26AM by jtprindl.

Date: January 02, 2014 12:40AM

"Even though we have many unique human traits, we are genetically closely related to the great apes and other primates. Primates are the only animals on the face of the earth that can taste sweet and see color. We were designed by nature to see, grasp, eat and enjoy the flavor of colorful, sweet fruits." -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 30

<<<you no doubt have your trig numbers prior and after and time period?
dr fuhrman said the same thing and abandoned his raw diet, absent any symptoms.>>>

Gary, you wrote this on another thread, do you mind elaborating? I know that he’s toned down his message to make it more appealing to a larger audience as I remember reading his articles in Natural Hygiene Publications over 20 years ago.

Mercola used the same “trig numbers” as an excuse not to eat fruit, but that was in the beginning when he was probably just detoxing and he’s been afraid of fruit ever since.

Date: January 02, 2014 12:44AM

> you wrote this on another thread, do you mind elaborating? I know that he’s toned down his message to make it more appealing to a larger audience as I remember reading his articles in Natural Hygiene Publications over 20 years ago.

good catch. it was mercola, not fuhrman.

Date: January 02, 2014 12:55AM

> So both Bisci and Clement are saying the same thing, fruit is healthy but in moderation.

if you need to believe that, fine with me. but clement is rabidly anti fruit-while he eats plenty of cooked food - that turns to sugar in the blood anyway.

he's the most phony "science" based guy who claims he does studies but never publishes anything.

his first evidence was eydie may H who told him her growths got larger when she "ate dates" . yeah, good controlled study there, brian.

Date: January 02, 2014 01:12AM

I'm rabidly pro fruit. In fact, one of my 2014 reso is to eat more fruits smiling smiley

Date: January 02, 2014 01:18AM

fresh Wrote:
> > So both Bisci and Clement are saying the same
> thing, fruit is healthy but in moderation.
>
>
> if you need to believe that, fine with me. but
> clement is rabidly anti fruit-while he eats plenty
> of cooked food - that turns to sugar in the blood
> anyway.
>
>
> he's the most phony "science" based guy who claims
> he does studies but never publishes anything.
>
> his first evidence was eydie may H who told him
> her growths got larger when she "ate dates" .
> yeah, good controlled study there, brian.

[drbenkim.com]

[www.livestrong.com]

[www.drweil.com]

[articles.mercola.com]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

I'm also curious as to where the hell you heard Brian Clement eats cooked food?

Date: January 02, 2014 01:30AM

Here's the funny part....

Brian C says juicing is a MUST !!!

He does realize that whatever you're juicing, greens or whatever contains SUGAR,, right?

no?

Date: January 02, 2014 01:54AM

fresh Wrote:
> Here's the funny part....
>
> Brian C says juicing is a MUST !!!
>
> He does realize that whatever you're juicing,
> greens or whatever contains SUGAR,, right?
>
> no?

What are you, a troll? Or can you just not read? Fresh fruit, in MODERATION, is very healthy. Excess sugar, regardless of the source, has detrimental effects. Wheatgrass and greens contain very little sugar and help stabilize/maintain healthy blood sugar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 01:55AM by jtprindl.

Date: January 02, 2014 01:57AM

jtprindl, These words are thrown about wantonly but how does one quantify Moderation and Excess?

Date: January 02, 2014 02:03AM

I don't follow brian around but he has spoken about it in the past.

and i am not judging - I only brought it up to suggest that one is going to be driven to cooked food if one tries to thrive on sprouts and greens. and that one shouldn't be anti sugar when that is the digestive process.

Date: January 02, 2014 02:13AM

<<<These words are thrown about wantonly but how does one quantify Moderation and Excess?>>>

That’s a great question anon!

Let’s start with - Moderation!!!

“Moderation kills.” -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat To Live” p. 147

“Moderation, however, does not mean it’s okay to poison ourselves, abuse our body, and then feel guilty. Moderation means recovering quickly when you have slipped up.” -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat To Live” p. 193

“Moderation is the buzzword for people who really aren't sure what the best thing to do is.” -Gary Orlando

“Moderation is the buzzword for people who really aren't sure what to do.” -John Rose

“There is no moderation when almost everything we consume is unnatural!!!” -John Rose

“I'll be the first to admit that "everything in moderation" appeals to my sense of logic and at one point in my life I used to subscribe to it. However, I now understand that this philosophy only works with a certain level of knowledge. Herein lies the problem. Most of us lack this knowledge, which is why I quoted Dr. Campbell. Campbell discovered first hand that ‘The entire system--- government, science, medicine, industry and media---promotes profits over health, technology over food and confusion over clarity.’ As a result, most Americans are so confused that 93-100% of their food is unnatural, which blows the concept of "moderation" right out the window. There is no moderation when almost everything we consume is unnatural!!!” -John Rose

“Moderation is the mating call of the herd animal.”
“There is no such thing as moderation, only excess.”
“Moderation has no meaning when all cooked foods are harmful.” -Arlin-Dini-Wolfe - “Nature’s First Law”

“Moderation?” He leaped on the desk, like an evangelist. “It’s mediocrity, fear, and confusion in disguise. It’s the devil’s reasonable deception. It’s the wobbling compromise that makes no one happy. Moderation is for the bland, the apologetic, for the fence sitters of the world afraid to take a stand to live or die. Moderation is lukewarm tea, the devil’s own brew!” -Dan Millman, “Way of the Peaceful Warrior”

“Moderation is for the mediocre.” -Brian Smith, Dallas Texas - Trendle

"Being traditional" as a philosophy is just as dangerous as "everything in moderation" and the absolute right of "free speech." I would suggest to those who espouse the sensless words "everything in moderation" have a snack of arsenic (but not too much).” -Nigel

“If you are tired of the crumbs and ashes of life, if a mediocre existence has become a burden upon you, then take this book to heart and read it deeply.” -David Wolfe

How about........"All good things in moderation, cut out the bad." -Chris Dove

“Moderation leads to mediocrity, since you'd end-up having a situation where:
"I can have whatever feels good, no matter what the results (and even if it's addictive), as long as I limit the quantity." [To me, it's sounds like a lose-lose situation, no matter how I'd look at the situation of "moderation"]

"Good", "bad", "right" & "wrong" are all perceived concepts, and you'll always have all kinds of people contradicting each other on what is right/good or wrong/bad (and they all have "good/right" and "bad/wrong" reasons, depending on how you look at it).

Results always depend on perceptions, situations, points in time ("worked before, but not now", or vice-versa), the people/animals involved, etc.. So it's more about what types of results you want and what does actually work for you, in your life; and not necessarily "this is 'good', this is 'bad', and all 'good' things must be limited by a specific 'one-size-fits-all' value of quantity, time, situation, etc. (moderation)"

If you don't want mediocrity, and want an absoluetly great life than you, or anyone else, could ever imagine, then go for 100% pure results. And forget about "moderation".” -Pierre Groulx

"I also advocate abstinence from schools and universities. Modern education is an indoctrination program for the development of mediocrity and set up for the lowest common denominator. I didn't become an intelligent, successful person until I quit going to college." -Stephen Arlin

"Moderation" is the buzz word used by the talking heads on the payrolls of the processed food industry, agri-chemical companies, meat and dairy industry and the medical complex. It is used to skew debates (what fair minded person can oppose "moderation"?) and is used as a blunt instrument to get us to open up and consume whatever packaged abomination they want to sell us.

(Note to the talking heads: A moderate amount of poison is still poison. Is there a good amount of poison to consume?) -ricthuse

“Meadow, forgive me this is not personal but "everything in moderation" always makes me chuckle. People in my church (LDS) are very fond of that saying, and I tell them...Everything? adultery, murder, abuse...in moderation??? How about meat and dairy in moderation (since this is a vegan board). I can go along with good things in moderation, I supose. smiling smiley” Leslie

"Well-meaning institutions are not exempt from such closed-mindedness. The American Heart Association recommends a diet for heart disease that favors moderation, rather than scientific truth. The National Cholesterol Education Program does the same thing. These organizations pitch moderate diets with trivial changes as being healthy lifestyle “goals.” ..." T. Colin Cambell, PhD, “The China Study” p. 131

"Our health institutions are intentionally misleading the public about heart disease, all in the name of "moderation." T. Colin Campbell, PhD, “The China Study” p. 132

“If your friend had been a smoker all of his or her life and looked to you for advice, would you tell them to cut down to only two cigarettes a day, or would you tell them to quit smoking all together? It’s in this way that I’m telling you that moderation, even with the best intentions, sometimes makes it more difficult to succeed.” T. Colin Campbell, PhD, “The China Study” p. 244

“I'll be the first to admit that "everything in moderation" appeals to my sense of logic and at one point in my life I used to subscribe to it. However, I now understand that this philosophy only works with a certain level of knowledge. Herein lies the problem. Most of us lack this knowledge, which is why I quoted Dr. Campbell. Campbell discovered first hand that ‘The entire system--- government, science, medicine, industry and media---promotes profits over health, technology over food and confusion over clarity.’

As a result, most Americans are so confused that 93-100% of their food is unnatural, which blows the concept of "moderation" right out the window. There is no moderation when almost everything we consume is unnatural!!!” -John Rose

“It is not enough to practice moderation in all things, he (Sylvester Graham) claimed, because some things are simply not good, either for spiritual or physical reasons, or both.” [www.faqs.org]

Date: January 02, 2014 02:14AM

fresh Wrote:
> I don't follow brian around but he has spoken
> about it in the past.
>
> and i am not judging - I only brought it up to
> suggest that one is going to be driven to cooked
> food if one tries to thrive on sprouts and greens.
> and that one shouldn't be anti sugar when that is
> the digestive process.

Living on mostly sprouts, greens, grass, and algae's certainly isn't appealing to most nor is it likely the most tasty, but there's no denying the tremendous health benefits associated with doing so, along with moderate amounts of fresh fruits, vegetables, and sprouted nuts/seeds.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables