Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: i use clay mud for shampoo works GREAT
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 20, 2014 10:35PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> suez
>
> what brand do u use as a clarifying shampoo and
> what do you mean by "clarifying"
> like it strips residue or something? or just
> perfect pH ( sounds good to me)
> smiling smiley

By "clarifying shampoo" I just mean a shampoo that is slightly acidic, just as skin and hair is, and that has mild cleansing ingredients within the balance. As I recall I've been using the same cheap shampoo for at least a decade because it's worked well for me. My hair is very shiny and soft and waist length.

This is it but I see it now has "New" on the label so I can't vouch for the new formula yet. I hope they didn't mess it up...

[www.vitacost.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 27, 2014 12:10PM

well its funny

i posted on my toothpaste thread for advice on how to get the clay to be perpetually "soft"

so then it dawned upon me that i could also use my toothpaste as shampoo

and my shampoo as toothpaste

so if i figure out how to get it the right consistency

i can just make a bottle of shampoo and use it for toothpaste and vice versa

LOLsmiling smiley

but first i have to figure out how to make it soft ( so it doesn't harden overnight)

maybe i'll try different things in it

back to the drawing board

lavender is a nice essential oil to mix with the clay too

still working on the perfect shampoo

all other shampoo ideas

very much appreciated ( it doesn't have to be clay either)

just something easy peasy

and natural

Date: January 27, 2014 12:14PM

also what's a natural conditioner anyone has made?

should i just put an avocado in the blender?

i don't like masks cuz it takes time

also i don't want too much oil in the conditioner either cuz then its just like coating my hair with oil

if i don't get any responses ( don't know if there are any DIY (do it yourself) types
on this board ( hey coco... where are you?)

for those who don't know... coco was the quintessential do it yourself queen

she made everything from dolls crafts and puppets for her kids to all sorts of

raw gourmet foods to

pretty much everything else under the sun

wish she came back

sigh

Posted by: ramanan ()
Date: January 27, 2014 03:27PM

Hi ,
I am new to this forum, so I am going to introduce me here , Clay mud is good for healing skin diseases as well, I would recommend you to talk clay from your local are and apply generously on your hair as well as skin and stay in sun for some time and then take bath , do not do for more than one time in a day and it will make your hair and skin smooth and soft.

I am Ramanan, 43 years old male, I live on raw food diet for past 30 years, in my early teen age , I had problem in walking so I was literally crawling , raw hygiene diet (mainly on coconut, banana , seasonal fruits and sprouts) helped me to overcome my health issue now I can walk like any one , I work for the oldest natural health institute (Universal, Good Life Health Institute , Tamil Nadu, India: [universalgoodlife.webs.com] ) of the world and would like to get in touch with scientific institutes of USA who are willing to run lab test and study me as a true case for healing , I speak limited English, so I am blogging in this forum through my friend Ram from Texas, I don’t want to change my diet never to cooked food and it paid a huge price no one was ready to marry me in a high populace country , India, I am a single and celibate, every day I need to take care of minimum 25 patients in my institute , sometime it will be around 80-90, my life is moving , I would like to stick on to this raw diet since I am not sure what amino acids path way (methionine, arginine, lysine etc.,?) got kicked in during my raw journey and made me to walk, I don’t want to crawl again , I have treated more than 50,000 patients , raw healing is true, but how to make it permanent is a big question from allopathic medicine? that we need to honestly answer it, if , after lab studies with scientist/doctors, If I know the scientific path way better, I could safely include little cooked food and can lead normal life like any one in my family did , I am not planning to walk away from 100% raw but in India no one is 100% on raw diet, I am isolated from society, please let me know if anyone knows about any scientific ongoing research, I might be the only true human qualify for long raw food living case, also If any one visit India I would highly encourage to meet me in person and consult with me for free .

Date: January 27, 2014 07:43PM

Welcome, Ramanam! Yours is quite the unusual and interesting story. Did you have lab work done and get a diagnosis when you were young of what it was that made you unable to walk? Can you afford to pay to have the lab work done for yourself and then tackle this problem on your own? I think you can do it yourself and it would be very self empowering.

I have eaten as a raw vegan for only a few years but before that I prepared and ate almost exclusively vegetarian Indian foods that I taught myself how to do from my collection of the various cuisines of India cookbooks I bought as I had no internet access back then. I even imported a 2L stone grinder and idli steamers from India and made my own batters for idlis , etc. from scratch at home.

Over the years I became so accustomed to hot chili peppers that I really can eat a lot of them. Even though I've been just eating raw now I somehow was unable to stop the progress of arthritis which recently started even affecting my thumbs and toes so I decided to experiment, in the manner I always have with food, by taking one item at a time out of my diet for 6 weeks and then see what happened when I reintroduced each food.

I started with the nightshade family even though I love my chilies and had always attributed the tingling in my hands and feet with the cayenne "working on healing" me. Boy did I find out that I was wrong about that! Within weeks of not eating anything from the nightshade family my hands and feet stopped feeling that they were being wrenched and I regained my failing hand strength. I say all this just in case it might pertain somehow to you and your problem when you were young since chilis and the other nightshades play such a big part in Indian cuisine.

Date: January 27, 2014 08:04PM

> What happens to the outer layer of a hair when
> exposed to stuff with an alkaline pH is that the
> scales which cover the shaft raise. If they stay
> in that position the surface feels rough and
> fluffy and the scales are much more susceptible to
> being broken off which is how the damage of these
> high pH hair treatments make themselves first
> known. These alkaline pH hair treatments are also
> bad on the scalp so I just stick with pH corrected
> shampoos to avoid these pH wild swings in hair
> care adjustments which if used on a daily basis
> are probably even worse than not using shampoo at
> all.

I really hate to repeat myself but I feel that maybe I wasn't clear enough and I don't want anybody wrecking the quality of their hair. So for clarity - clay has too high of a pH to use for washing hair. You can probably get away with doing it for a while if it's only done on occasion. I am not talking out my butt. I worked with a wide variety of very expensive high quality animal fiber for years and at all phases from washing fleeces to combing to spinning to natural dyeing, etc., etc., onward to cleaning extremely valuable historic textiles.

If you keep your hair away from harsh chemicals and temperatures above 120F you will never need a conditioner. A dab of coconut oil or jojoba on the ends, if you wish, won't hurt and will help if your hair has been subject to abuse.

Date: January 28, 2014 02:49AM

Suez,
Thanks for your insight on my situation, since I am on raw food , I do not consume any night shade varieties but is a very good idea to play/manipulate food to see what might have worked for me three years.

ok, again back to clay shampoo topic, I recommend to use local black clay or red soil (make sure your area is not contaminated with heavy metal or radiation) and we have to dig 1 feet deep to avoid polluted soil and apply on hair and skin and expose to evening sun and then take bath and this is what I have been teaching for past 25 years.

Ramanan

Date: February 01, 2014 03:04AM

SueZ Wrote:
> la_veronique Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > suez
> >
> > what brand do u use as a clarifying shampoo
> and
> > what do you mean by "clarifying"
> > like it strips residue or something? or just
> > perfect pH ( sounds good to me)
> > smiling smiley
>
> By "clarifying shampoo" I just mean a shampoo
> that is slightly acidic, just as skin and hair is,
> and that has mild cleansing ingredients within the
> balance. As I recall I've been using the same
> cheap shampoo for at least a decade because it's
> worked well for me. My hair is very shiny and soft
> and waist length.
>
> This is it but I see it now has "New" on the
> label so I can't vouch for the new formula yet. I
> hope they didn't mess it up...
>
>
> [www.vitacost.com]
> -shampoo-lavender-32-fl-oz

UPDATE**

Although I use their regular lavender shampoo as a clarifying shampoo I discovered Avalon makes a clarifying lemon shampoo and a clarifying lemon conditioner, too. So for the sake of science I decided to buy and try these and here is my report on them...

They suck. I usually keep my house at 35% humidity all winter and use a great, (but non-vegan), boar bristle hairbrush and never, until I used these Avalon clarifying lemon products, have I had any problems of the dreaded 'winter static hair' until I used them and stripped my hair of any protection from that.

Of course this would be no big deal for people with really short hair but when your hair is waist length it's very annoying and might even kill you if you happen to lean down too far while on an escalator or something. The only time I can foresee using these products again will be after some deep reconditioning treatment with gooey kelp or oils which I'll now probably have to experiment with so I won't have totally have wasted the money I spent on these products.

Date: February 05, 2014 03:27AM

ramanan Wrote:
> Suez,
> Thanks for your insight on my situation, since I
> am on raw food , I do not consume any night shade
> varieties but is a very good idea to
> play/manipulate food to see what might have worked
> for me three years.
>
> ok, again back to clay shampoo topic, I recommend
> to use local black clay or red soil (make sure
> your area is not contaminated with heavy metal or
> radiation) and we have to dig 1 feet deep to avoid
> polluted soil and apply on hair and skin and
> expose to evening sun and then take bath and this
> is what I have been teaching for past 25 years.
>
> Ramanan

Ramanan, I don't know if you saw this study having to do with copper toxicity but I though you might be interested in it as it took place in Tamil Naru where you are. It might contain something that can lend insight to you former health condition. It certainly explains why you would have to dig down a foot to get to uncontaminated soil in your area...

[nopr.niscair.res.in]

Date: February 05, 2014 07:40PM

Thanks Suez, Yes, I am aware of that research and spoke to the head of the research team, Dr James, the research was conducted in Tuticorin , because this city was highly polluted due to a copper manufacturing/processing facility in that town lately but my health issue of skeletal muscles weakness may be due to dystropene gene or to do with limiting amino acids lysine/methionine pathways that's why I am trying to connect with some molecular biologist in this forum who can understand my diet as well as human metabloic pathways.

Date: February 05, 2014 08:01PM

ramanan Wrote:
> Thanks Suez, Yes, I am aware of that research and
> spoke to the head of the research team, Dr James,
> the research was conducted in Tuticorin , because
> this city was highly polluted due to a copper
> manufacturing/processing facility in that town
> lately but my health issue of skeletal muscles
> weakness may be due to dystropene gene or to do
> with limiting amino acids lysine/methionine
> pathways that's why I am trying to connect with
> some molecular biologist in this forum who can
> understand my diet as well as human metabloic
> pathways.

Ramana, I think you will not find the person you need here but you might want to contact someone like Dr. Cousens who would be more qualified to point you in the right direction, at least...

[www.treeoflife.nu]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 05, 2014 08:27PM

ramanan Wrote:
> that's why I am trying to connect with
> some molecular biologist in this forum who can
> understand my diet as well as human metabloic
> pathways.

The guys here aren't molecular biologists - they just play one on the board smiling smiley

Date: February 07, 2014 08:23AM

thanks for the tips suez

much appreciated

Date: February 07, 2014 03:23PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> thanks for the tips suez
>
> much appreciated

You're welcome, la-Veronique, and I hope you are having a good hair day!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables