Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new and learning
Posted by: kattssmith ()
Date: January 29, 2014 01:50PM

I'm new and learning so I need some help and advice. Due to a number of reasons like most, I'm working to change to a raw food diet. I see nuts being used in a lot in recipes. My question is, in makeing cheese sauces is there another way to make it to keep the fat level down for a person who needs to lose weight and has other health problems?

Thanks in advance
Kat

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new and learning
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: January 29, 2014 08:18PM

You can reduce the amount of nuts in the recipe and replace some of the nuts with raw chopped cauliflower (in the food processor until a fine puree). If you use 50% nuts and 50% cauliflower you will still get a very creamy cheesy texture, but lower in fat.

You can also make zucchini puree with little or no nuts and you will get another creamy sauce.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 31, 2014 12:18AM

kattsmith

ela has good advice

take it

it works esp. well with the zucchini

Posted by: esa ()
Date: February 09, 2014 01:15AM

How about adding sprouted grain, like wheat or rice, to foods in place of a sauce?

How about adding sprouted grain, like wheat or rice, to foods in place of a sauce?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables