Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pelagasians - 100% Raw Vegans Lived to be 200...
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 30, 2014 01:58PM

Have any of y'all heard of the Pelagasians and have any more information on them?

"According to Herodotus, the father of history, the Pelagasians, who lived 3,000 years B.C., had a 100% live-food, plant-source diet; their average age was 200. I travelled to this area of Greece and learned that these people did, in fact, exist, and that this was indeed their diet." -Dr. Gabriel Cousens

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pelagasians - 100% Raw Vegans Lived to be 200...
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 30, 2014 07:50PM

So that means if everyone in the world eats all raw vegan from now on, in 5,000 years, humans will have a lifespan of 200 years? That's something to shoot for smiling smiley

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 30, 2014 08:22PM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So that means if everyone in the world eats all
> raw vegan from now on, in 5,000 years, humans
> will have a lifespan of 200 years? That's
> something to shoot for smiling smiley

Unlikely, those Pelagasians lived in an unpolluted environment with extremely nutrient-rich soil. Their environment was pristine. Our environment is like living in a sewer compared to theirs.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 22, 2017 01:34PM

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: January 22, 2017 02:36PM

I've heard the rumors but there is no solid info on them. The most modern attempt would be Johny Lovewisom who moved to the Andes mountains to get away from all pollution and believed in Paradise construction and planting and growing of one's own fruits and veg.

He also abstained from all sex, which I think is a mistake, did a 6 and a 9 month fast and other extreme measures and in his books insisted we would live to be hundreds of years old.

Unfortunately, he died crippled at age 81. Fascinating guy though, I have a lot of his books. The Paradise construction books are a must read if we're going to get serious about raw food diet...

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: January 23, 2017 06:33AM

Ages of the Patriarchs from Adam to Noah

Patriarch Age Bible Reference
1 Adam 930 Genesis 5:4
2 Seth 912 Genesis 5:8
3 Enosh 905 Genesis 5:11
4 Cainan 910 Genesis 5:14
5 Mahalalel 895 Genesis 5:17
6 Jared 962 Genesis 5:20
7 Enoch 365 Genesis 5:23
8 Methuselah 969 Genesis 5:27
9 Lamech 777 Genesis 5:31
10 Noah 950 Genesis 9:29

It is more symbolism than truth

Date: January 23, 2017 02:26PM

What if it wasn't symbolism?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 04, 2017 11:36AM

What about Pegasaurus? How long do they live?

Date: February 04, 2017 05:48PM

NuNativs
What if it wasn't symbolism?

It could not be anything else.

Many ancient cultures had folk tales, fairy tales.

There main purpose was to be a teaching tool, a captivating story is told and there a conclusion a the end.

The same with the story in Genesis in the bible. There was not a real Adam and Eve.

Fictional as our modern Superman or Batman. We can endow them with all of the powers we can imagine yet there many areas in the world where war and famine are daily life and no one can help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2017 06:00PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: February 05, 2017 01:15AM

This is another myth created to prove a point.

Here's a more realistic question. We actually have 100% raw vegans ( more or less ) who live under ideal circumstances in the tropics : 100% tree ripened plant food from good soil, fruit picked fresh off the tree, many thousands of generations of 100% raw plant vegans, unpolluted atmosphere, etc, yet they only have a lifespan of 50 or so years - the chimps, bonobos and orangutans. They share 98.7% of our DNA and haven't committed the original sin of man ( according to John Rose ) - eating cooked or fired food so they should easily live to 100 or 150 years yet they barely last 50 years.

Perhaps when god created man / woman he only gave them a lifespan of four score and ten - give or take 20 years either way, so unless god decides to do a retro-fit that's how it is!

Date: February 05, 2017 10:33AM

Species have different notion of time.

If you own a dog, you've heard this rule: 1 year for Fido equals 7 years for you. Dogs mature more quickly than we do early on.

Houseflies live only few days which may be equivalent to 100 years in human life. After few days of life their digestive system stops working and they die. In few days they will accomplish their life mission. They committed no sins. No cooking.

The question for us humans is how long could we live if we did not violates many of the natural laws of life like eating bad foods and living dangerously.

Some scientists suggest that humans could live on the average 125 years

Date: February 06, 2017 03:05PM

Well plenty have eaten "pure" and not violated the laws of Life and the longevity statistics are dismal to say the least. John Rose hates to hear this but it's true.He will ban you from his channel for bringing it up.

If you have ever read any of Hilton Hotema's work, which is some of the best literature on longevity, he claims we should be living hundreds of years and yet I noticed that most of the examples he documented were not following said "healthy diet".

In my FILES, I have dozens of modern examples and NONE of them are vegan and are also doing "bad" things like drinking, eating animals and the like.

Results =/+ Theory...

Date: February 06, 2017 04:07PM

thats =/= (does not equal).

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 06, 2017 07:24PM

nunativs not very scientific.

do you understand the difference between single cases and large population studies?

obviously not since you're always talking about the long lived smokers.

clearly there's a large genetic component unless your claim is that smoking is healthy- is that your claim?

longest lived AND healthiest eat plant predominated, GENERALLY SPEAKING , not specifically.

just because they are not 100% raw vegan does not refute the healthfulness of the diet

and there have been many confounding factors with some early death "raw eaters"

[www.today.com]

116 year old woman has two sisters that lived to 100.
think genetics may play a role? and certain lifestyle factors as well? climate/low activity, etc

Date: February 07, 2017 01:12AM

This movement has been going on for awhile, maybe not long enough to adapt but to re-adapt if that's our species specific diet.

Check out "Children of the Sun" by Gorden Kennedy, this all started way back in Germany in the 1800's, surely we'd see some longevity breakthroughs by now, no?

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: February 07, 2017 02:54AM

Fresh wrote ' do you understand the difference between single cases and large population studies ? '. That's exactly the point.

What relevance does healthy eating or long life have with someone standing in the park without his shirt on ( no disrespect to John intended )? The fact that one person with good genetics and good metabolism ( or two if you include Doug Graham ) shows themselves off as representative of their magical, optimum perfect diet when many people are failing on these so called '' best '' diets is not a large population study ( especially if you delete adverse comments , or ban them altogether ). And that's assuming they're even telling the truth about what they really eat.

Most long lived people are very moderate eaters and only eat till their body tells them to stop, as opposed to eating too much. It's easy to get full and eat moderately with cooked foods or minimal amounts of #$@%*&^ ( not that we're advocating it here ) as opposed to overeating raw foodists.

Even the so called 100% long time raw foodists now include green powders and other items that are not raw and made in factories - yet still call themselves raw foodists, but won't eat a baked potato!

Nothing wrong with eating 100% raw if that's what works for you, but let's not extrapolate that into being the perfect diet, or the perfect diet for everyone else ( unless everyone else is doing it wrong ).

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 07, 2017 04:05AM

[en.wikipedia.org]

i would say the above is a good attempt at identifying the factors. many having nothing to do with food.

I don't know what you're expecting, that there should be raw fooders that live to 150? there's too many limiting factors, but perhaps nunativs will be the first.

Date: February 07, 2017 05:29PM

fresh
[en.wikipedia.org]

i would say the above is a good attempt at identifying the factors. many having nothing to do with food.

I don't know what you're expecting, that there should be raw fooders that live to 150? there's too many limiting factors, but perhaps nunativs will be the first.

I definitely think the link you posted is a major part of the story. I'm personally watching Cousens and Viktoras to see how they pan out. As far me, I'll probably never be 100% anything and maybe that will be my success?!?

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 07, 2017 07:22PM

"Even the so called 100% long time raw foodists now include green powders and other items that are not raw and made in factories - yet still call themselves raw foodists, but won't eat a baked potato!"

For me it's about the trade off... Why would someone eat a baked potato, there's nothing special about it. But some herbal extracts which may have been cooked before they were turned into a powder have amazing benefits. Take he shou wu, for example. It's prepared by being stewed in black bean soup because that's method allows for the ultimate utilization of its health promoting properties. Just becomes something is a powder doesn't make it bad, that's just raw foodist dogma.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: February 08, 2017 07:43AM

> Just becomes something is a powder doesn't make it bad

Correct.

Let's try to imagine what a powder based dinner scene looks like in a particular family.

"Melissa, serve yourself with a spoon full of each powder and please do not sneeze otherwise you will blow away the powders. And pass to your brother Joe" Said Mom

"OK Mommy" Said Melissa grimacing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables