Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: November 29, 2006 02:31AM

I just bought some olive oil.It doesn't say it's cold pressed, but it says it's NOT refined. Does this mean it's cold pressed and raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 29, 2006 02:35AM

No. It just means that the solids have not been extracted from the oil. Even cold pressed is not enough of a guarantee, as temperatures can rise under the pressure of the presses.

The best thing to do is not eat oils, but get your fats out of nuts, seeds, and avocados.

Date: November 29, 2006 02:54AM

Thanks Brian! I do feel kinda yuck after adding olive oil to my salad. I should have added an avocado instead. Oh well!

The raw-er I go, the more in tune my body is at craving raw and feeling yuk with heated oils and foods.

Be well.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 29, 2006 03:42AM

Oils are basically empty kcals except for when they contain essential fatty acids. But if a little bit helps you to eat more greens, like they do for me, they can be a part of a healthy diet. But avocado is better. Also walnuts, flax seeds, etc.

Bariani is very good. When I used to bring salads to work with Bariani, everyone would say, "Ooh, what smells so good?"

Date: November 29, 2006 06:01AM

That's a good point, Arugula! I do eat more greens when I add avocado.

I'm grateful for this forum and all I've learned here.

Thanks everyone! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables