Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Can It Be Healthy to Skip Breakfast?
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 17, 2014 07:40PM

This interview might be interesting - I'll post the video when I find it.

I dry fast from 7:00 at night until 1:00 the following day. Is that good or bad?

Can It Be Healthy to Skip Breakfast?

[foxnewsinsider.com]

"Doctors and nutritionists have long agreed that eating breakfast is an important way to start the day. Some say having that first meal is important to helping people lose weight.

Today on ‘A Healthy You and Carol Alt,’ nutritionist Dr. Joseph Mercola challenged that idea. He argued that people should skip breakfast.

“Our ancestors never had access to food 24/7. And we really only have two fuels that our body can burn through to get energy – sugar and fat. And when you eat three meals a day, including breakfast … you reduce your body’s ability to actually burn fat."

He said it doesn’t necessarily have to be breakfast, as long as the body fasts for periods of six to eight hours.

Dr. Mercola’s recommended diet includes: non-starchy vegetables, 4-6 ounces of protein, and other healthy fats such as coconut oil and nuts."

More on Carol Alt -

Carol Alt is a stone fox at 53: Her raw food diet and yoga workout secrets - National Celebrity Fitness and Health

[www.examiner.com]

"Supermodel Carol Alt is in the best shape of her life at 53, thanks to a raw-food diet and regular yoga workouts.

In an exclusive interview Feb. 17, Alt revealed how she has maintained effortless weight loss, defied the aging process, and dramatically improved her health by eating raw."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 07:47PM by KidRaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can It Be Healthy to Skip Breakfast?
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 17, 2014 08:25PM

Why be so rigid? I like to play it by ear. Most of the time I have a small breakfast if I'm hungry but nothing bad happens if I miss breakfast. I almost never have lunch. I'm more of a one meal a day person but stay fluid in my rhythms of when I eat. I think it's better to stay in tune with nature and the moment.

Many times I've noticed that at the exact same time I decide to eat so do the flocks of birds outside come to eat at my birdfeeders and the parrot inside decides to eat then, to.

Date: February 17, 2014 08:51PM

I will eat something - like fruit - or drink some water earlier in the day if I feel like I need to or because of traveling or something, but I like to have a routine. Matt Monarch put out a video where he said the most important thing you can do is to be consistent in your eating habits, even if you eat cooked food. (Not that he's my raw guru) My mother-in-law was totally independent and lived to be 86 and she ate her meals at the same time every day. (She would have lived longer, but the UK medical system got ahold of her and gave her a bunch of pills) I always felt like that served her well.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 19, 2014 02:43PM

Any Nutritionist that gives a Blanket Statement like we should NOT Eat Breakfast or that we should Eat Breakfast really does NOT know that much about Nutrition or How the Body Works. However, as long as we Eat properly, then we should NOT Eat Breakfast. But a lot of people do NOT Eat properly, so sometimes Breakfast just MIGHT be the most important Meal of the day.

Once again, any Nutritionist or anyone else that gives a Blanket Statement that Breakfast IS the most important Meal of the day not only does NOT understand Nutrition, but really does NOT understand How the Body Works.

So for those of you who do NOT Know How to Eat, Breakfast just MIGHT be the most important Meal of the day. But for those of you who DO Know How to Eat and you are Eating properly, the last thing you want to do is Eat when you are NOT Hungry and for those of you who are Eating properly, you should NOT be Hungry when you wake up. But if you are Eating Un-Natural Foods, you will probably think that you are Hungry, but it’s NOT True Hunger - it’s False Hunger.

Unfortunately, most people have NEVER experienced what True Hunger is all about. In fact, as long as you are still Eating Un-Natural Foods, you do NOT know what True Hunger is all about and will actually be elated when someone tells you that Breakfast IS the most important Meal of the day because people who Eat Un-Natural Foods are almost always Hungry when they wake up. But these people who Eat Un-Natural Foods are NOT experiencing True Hunger - it’s a Withdrawal Symptom from Eating Un-Natural Foods and they are craving their Drug of Choice all throughout the day in the same way that someone would crave coffee or cigarettes or heroin.

Not only will you NOT be Hungry when you wake up when you are Eating properly, but you will in NO way stress your Adrenal Glands like PL states above and that’s because PL does NOT Know How to Eat properly and does NOT Know How the Body Works. However, if you are NOT Eating properly and are Eating Un-Natural Foods, Breakfast just MIGHT be the most important Meal of the day.

So instead of NOT Eating properly where we MIGHT need to Eat Breakfast - it’s better to Eat properly and NOT Eat Breakfast.

Here is the best part of my file from “Hunger VS Appetite or Cravings”:

“Instead of being eaten when we are physically hungry, food is now consumed to satisfy artificial cravings generated by a brain that isn’t working right and whose receptor sites beg for synthetic stimulation from chemicals. We eat, but we’re never satisfied. We’re full, but aren’t contented.” -Carol Simontacchi - “The Crazy Makers”

"Another common reason for lack of adherence to a raw food diet is hunger. This becomes an issue when insufficient quantities of fruit are consumed. The human stomach is designed with elastic qualities enabling it to expand and accommodate large quantities of high water content foods at a meal. Due to the lifelong habit of eating concentrated foods that are very low in water content, most people's stomachs have lost their elasticity. This results in them only being able to consume a small quantity of fruit at any one time, leaving them hungry soon afterwards. Part of the transition to a raw food diet includes putting the stomach on a flexibility training programme to regain the full extent of its natural elasticity! Gradually increase the quantity of fruit consumed at each sitting until you can proudly, and comfortably, boast an expanded tummy after each meal." -Rozalind Gruben

“The truth is that hunger is a normal, not an abnormal, sensation and all normal sensations are pleasant. It is an error to think of hunger in the terms of symptoms of disease, just as it would be to think of thirst, or any other of the body’s normal desires, as painful or uncomfortable. Normal hunger is indicated by a general bodily condition--a universal call for food--which is localized, so far as localization takes place, in the mouth, nose and throat, just as is the sense of thirst. There is no “hunger pangs” associated with genuine hunger; there is only a pleasant sensation in the nose, mouth and throat and a watering
of the mouth.
The hungry person is conscious of a desire for food, not of pain or irritation.

It is a false appetite that manifests itself by morbid irritation, gnawing in the stomach, pain, the feeling of weakness, and various emotionally rooted discomforts. The dissimilarities between such irritations and a true sense of hunger are quite sharp, the average person tied to the habit of eating at all hours of the day and night rarely permits himself to become hungry and consequently mistakes these morbid sensations for a valid call for food. As eating commonly relieves symptoms of distress, the individual becomes convinced that food was just the thing needed. Often it is a kind of eating binge; the individual eats to cover up psychological miseries, as the drunkard drinks to drown his.” Herbert Shelton, “Fasting Can Save Your Life” p. 32

“The statement sometimes heard that hunger ceases on the third day of the fast implies that true hunger is present during the first two days of the fast. This is usually not true. It is gastric irritation that ceases on the second, third or fourth day of the fast.” Herbert Shelton, “Fasting Can Save Your Life” p. 32

“The presence of normal hunger is regarded as one of the signs of health, while its absence is a symptom of disease. For us to accept this as a reliable criterion of the state of the body, however, it is necessary for us to recognize that there may be present, in disease, a fictional desire for food that is commonly mistaken for hunger. Herbert Shelton, “Fasting For Renewal of Life” p. 86

In our present consideration of hunger we shall discuss:
1. Normal demand for food, genuine hunger.
2. Fictional desire for food, a morbid craving.
3. Absence of desire for food, absence of hunger. “FFROL” p. 87

...when the well man goes without food he gets hungry before he gets weak; when the sick man goes without food, he gets weak before he gets hungry.” “FFROL” p. 87

One way to determine real from fictional hunger is to think of the time that has elapsed since the last meal. It is not possible to be “hungry all the time.” If one desires to eat while the stomach is still busy digesting the last meal, one is certainly not hungry. If the last meal was a heavy one, one is not likely to be genuinely hungry for several hours. “FFROL” pp. 87-88

The most important feature of genuine hunger is comfort. The hungry man has no pain, no gnawing feeling in his stomach, he suffers no “hunger pangs,” he is not weak and he has no headache. If any of these symptoms are present, one should suspect that the hunger is spurious. If he does not get to eat at once, he does not become weak. If weakness follows upon delay in eating, this is a sure sign that “addiction” and not hunger is troubling him. If the weakness is relieved by eating, this is but added evidence that it is addiction.

An individual with normal nutrition can omit a meal or more at any time without ill-feeling or loss of strength. If discomfort follows missing a meal, this is the surest evidence that the individual is in need of a fast and a change of eating practices. Genuine hunger (a normal demand for food) is never accompanied by any disagreeable feelings whatever. There is no pain, no distress, no weakness--real or stimulated--no gnawing in the stomach. The demand for food is not felt in the stomach, and we are not aware that we have a stomach. an awareness of organs is a sure sign of disease. “FFROL” p. 88

There are great numbers of people who will assure you that they are hungry before every meal and that if a meal is delayed for a single hour they will grow faint and languid. They often describe pains and discomforts in the abdominal region and some of them say that they suffer with headache. Even physiologists have accepted the popular notion that hunger is a disagreeable sensation, one verging on actual suffering. These symptoms are strikingly like those manifested when a drug addict misses his accustomed dose to which indications has been given the name, withdrawal symptoms. Dr. Page called these “hunger symptoms” a species of “poison-hunger,” thus identifying them with addiction.

Observations reveal that these “poison-hunger” symptoms are most marked in heavy eaters of highly seasoned viands. The more one is addicted to salt, condiments, coffee, tea, etc., the more severe are these symptoms. The man who eats simple fare escapes them entirely. We also know that these sensations are likely to be most severe in the diseased.

Dr. Susanna W. Dodds insisted that “The sense of all-goneness in these cases is not from a lack of nutrient material, but owing to the absence of the habitual stimulus.” “No person,” wrote Dr. Chas E. Page, “feels faint upon passing a meal, or has a gnawing stomach, except it be occasioned by an irritated and unduly congested state of that organ. It is a sure proof of dyspepsia. Strictly speaking, the term is a synonym for indigestion.” Dr. Page well says, “A craving appetite should be treated as a morbid symptom, and should weigh in favor of abstinence.” “FFROL” p. 89

The “hunger” of the poorly nourished person is seldom genuine. It is more often of the same nature as those symptoms of the drug addict who is deprived of his drug that are erroneously called withdrawal symptoms. They are such symptoms as gastric distress, pains in the stomach region, a gnawing in the stomach, weakness, headache, etc. “Hunger pangs” would seem to be cramps and these are certainly abnormal. Normal muscular contractions, even if vigorous, are not painful. On the contrary they tend to be pleasurable. Hunger is not a pathological state and is not manifested by symptoms of disease. “FFROL” p. 90

We now know that hunger is felt in the mouth, throat and nose, and to some exrent, in the whole body. “FFROL” p. 91

The depraved stomach, he (Graham) held, its integrity impaired by previous abuse, may give rise to sensations that are mistaken for hunger, but which are, in reality, demands for irritation or stimulation. “FFROL” p. 91

This alleged demand for food is more properly termed a “perverted appetite.” ...The food addict is in the same boat with the drug addict and suffers similar “withdrawal symptoms” when he does not receive his accustomed meal.

Much of this supposed demand for food is a craving for coffee, salt, pepper, or other irritant and poison to which the stomach has become accustomed. Much of it is simply irritation of the digestive tract resulting from overeating, wrong eating and eating of stimulating foods. A toxic state of the digestive tract, resulting from indigestion, can set up symptoms galore that are mistaken for hunger. Although true hunger is never manifest in the stomach, always in the nose, mouth and throat, it is common to mistake distress in the region of the stomach for hunger.

What I have just said should be interpreted to mean that the morbid symptoms that are commonly mistaken for hunger are symptoms of food poisoning. “FFROL” p. 92

While it is true that the presence of a desire for food is not always a sign of health (this is so, because the demand for food is not genuine) it is true that when hunger is lacking for any great length of time, this manifests a lack of health. One of the first symptoms of acute disease is a suspension of the demand for food. It is a signal that rest of the digestive machinery is needed, a warning that no food is wanted and that, if taken, the nutriment will not be digested and assimilated. ...

If the acutely ill person, the person with severe inflammation, severe pain anywhere in the body, discomfort in the abdomen, etc., eats, the food decomposes in the digestive tract. If it is not thrown out by vomiting or hurried away by diarrhea, it remains in the stomach and intestine to poison and irritate the invalid, increasing both his discomfort and his danger. Feeding should not be resumed in these cases until at least twenty-four hours after all acute symptoms have subsided.

In chronic disease there is a frequent complaint: “I have lost my appetite.” It is complained that “nothing tastes good,” “I have to force myself to eat.” What a lot of suffering these people could avoid if they refrain from eating until they get hungry! This rule is also good for the chronic sufferer who is “hungry all the time.” “FFROL” p. 93

Indeed, genuine hunger is such a delightful sensation that it is worth going on a fast merely for the pleasure of experiencing it. Herbert Shelton, "Fasting For Renewal of Life" p.95

It is a spurious hunger, the only appeal for food a great number of people have ever known, since overfeeding, frequent feeding by the clock, and between-meal eating were started in infancy and continued throughout their lives. They are deceived by it and are honest in believing they are hungry. They remember a certain pleasure of taste and the sense of appropriating food to themselves and call it hunger, eat until food palls upon the taste, and in the course of two to six hours, whether agreeably occupied or not, begin to think of the pleasures of eating again, and consider themselves hungry.” Herbert Shelton, “Fasting For Renewal of Life” p. 96

THE CONCEPT OF “TOXIC HUNGER”

“Losing your ability to sense true hunger sets the foundation for obesity. By feeding them so much caloric-rich food so frequently we have trained our children to disconnect eating from hunger. After enough time goes by continually consuming more calories than they need, they will feel discomfort when they do not have food constantly in their stomach. They must keep their digestive tract going all the time, because the minute it empties, they feel uncomfortable. By the time they become an overweight adult, they are true food addicts.” -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., "Disease-Proof Your Child" pp. 137-138

“When food addictions drive intake via toxic hunger, we are never satisfied with an empty stomach, because it feels too uncomfortable, so we eat more and more and invariably become overweight. The more unhealthy the diet is, the more toxic hunger drives the person to overeat and put on additional pounds.” -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., "Disease-Proof Your Child" p. 139

Peace and Love..........John

Date: February 19, 2014 03:38PM

PL wrote:

<<< Yet Herbert Sheltons own advice didn't save his life or enhance his longevity did it ?. He died completely bed ridden with parkinsons disease it says.

Yes i know your going to write back that Herbert Shelton didn't understand 9 of the 10 puzzles in Japan. And that if he just understood 2 of the 16 puzzles he would have understood that fasting and natural hygiene is over-rated guff lol.>>>

Your Comprehension Skills sure do leave much to be desired since I’ve explained this a thousand times to you. Herbert Shelton did NOT understand the Ripple Effect, but for some odd reason you cannot understand this simple Law of Nature. As I’ve mentioned countless times to you, most Natural Hygienists do NOT understand the Ripple Effect and you do NOT understand the Law of Cause & Effect. Once again, I’ve only discussed this with you what seems like a thousand times!!!

<<<Why do you need such prolonged juice feasts so often if you are healthy ?>>>

Indeed, this is one of the reasons why I am so Healthy and I Juice Fast/Feast for the same reason why the Sproutman does…

Re: sproutman
Posted by: John Rose
Date: January 05, 2014 06:22PM

Thanks for posting that Gary. I especially enjoyed the very end where he said, “But twice per year, I lead a juice fast and remind myself that NOT eating can be even more satisfying.”

Indeed, I could really relate to that…

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: Breatharian Death
Posted by: John Rose
Date: May 02, 2012 10:48AM

This is somewhat off topic, but I could not help but reflect on how my last Juice Feast relates to this thread. I have made the habit of usually doing a 30 Day Juice Feast once a year just to remind myself that Not Eating Solid Food is actually MORE FUN than eating. I actually went 72 days this last time so I could say that I have Juice Fasted or Juice Feasted for over 1000 days in the last 20 years, a 1005 days on 136 different occasions to be exact.

Anyway, the point I want to make is that I was reflecting during my last JF that very few people ever experience what it’s like to have a completely empty Food Tube. If you’re eating properly, which we all know very few people do, everything we eat today should be out of us tomorrow, but many times it might take the 1st meal of the day to get rid of the last meal from yesterday.

So once again, very few people ever get to experience what this sensation is like and I know from experience that there is no greater feeling than having a completely empty Food Tube.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

By the way, I noticed that you did NOT address any of your ERRORS relative to this Thread and instead are trying to attack me.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Con Tactic #7) 11 of 28 - [3 of 4 Diverting Attention]

Another example of this technique is when the con artist ignores the issue and attacks the character of the opponent.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: February 19, 2014 04:14PM

PL wrote:

<<<Prolonged juice feasts so often like you recommend actually weakens the digestive system in the long run, by making it lazy.>>>

Once again, this shows how little you understand. I never tell anybody how long to go, but if you are still eliminating, why stop?!?!?!

As I mentioned in my Post above, I usually do a 30 Day Juice Fast/Feast once a year to remind myself that having an empty Food Tube is the BEST Feeling in the World and since we live in such a POLLUTED World, this is a great way to eliminate a lot of those Pollutants that manage to get inside of us.

I also mentioned in my Post above, that I went 72 days last year, but what I failed to mention or what I did not go into detail was that I am already clean inside and it doesn’t take me very long to clean some of those Pollutants that managed to get inside of me, so once I get to that point, I start to Experiment and document those Experiments. And then, as a scientist, I understand the need for repetition, so I am duplicating the same Experiment that I did last year and I am on day 72 so I have done the same Experiment 2 years in a row because that’s what scientists do.

Interestingly, what I did last year and this year was to Experiment with substituting 1 ounce of Nuts for every Pint of Vegetable Juice so I could understand what happens to my students when they eat when they should not and also to see how Nuts and only Nuts go through my 30 Foot Food Tube. Normally, I consume 12 to 16 Pints of Vegetable Juice a day, but I played around with various amounts of Nuts in lieu of my Juices. I would never recommend this for any of my students when they need to focus on cleaning their Colon, as well as the rest of their Body, but for me it gives me more insight into how our Body Processes Food.

In fact, I’ve been doing these types of Experiments ever since I did my first long Juice Fast/Feast back in 1994 which took me 90 days to stop having BMs. In order to understand how Food goes through our Food Tube, I would Eat exactly the same thing at the same time for weeks at a time with the same workouts and I was working out 7 to 8 hours a day and was Eating ~5,000 Calories a day. I not only documented what I ate, how much I ate and how long it took to come out of me, but I even documented how much it weighed when it came out!

Like I said, I’m only day 72 today, but I am duplicating the same Experiment I did last year at the same time and I’m going to back out the Nuts and try Experimenting with a few more items before I break this fast!

So for all of you people who have never done a long, extended properly conducted Juice Fast/Feast, you guys are in for a treat when you finally do it and remember, don’t listen to people who speak from a place that they have never been!!!

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: February 19, 2014 04:26PM

If your just drinking vegetable juice for 60-72+ days a year, then i now understand why you act the way you do.

Hardly a balanced or healthy diet to be juice feasting/fasting for such length of time every year.

I could possibly understand your extreme need for juice feasts/cleansing if you were chronically ill but you claim to be in perfect health. Its no wonder you are one of the most copper toxic individuals i have come across, because you are probably getting very little to no zinc at all, protein or fats from these juices. This is what makes you so ungrounded.

All you are getting is a whackload of sugar, vitamin C, some other nutrients, very little to no minerals such as zinc, selenium, iodine, no fats, small amounts of protein and of course no fiber which comes with juicing. Im surprised you can still do a solid bowel movement at all if you are juice feasting for such length of time.

I doubt you will ever wake up and see that its your raw diet and extreme juice cleanses which have made you so ungrounded. You will only continue to get more copper toxic, mentally imbalanced and its not like once you have ceased your juice feast that you return to a nutritionally complete diet either, because you eat a low zinc/high copper fruitarian/natural hygiene based diet.

All makes sense now.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 04:31PM by powerlifter.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 19, 2014 04:27PM

Calorie restriction is supposed to be healthy in general, but Kid Raw I thought you were saying how you're so underweight. I hardly think that would help your situation if you want to gain a bit.

I agree with SueZ that we should play it by ear. I am constantly amazed at how obessed people get about their bodies. Maybe it distracts them from other stuff? I just don't think over-focusing on one's body is a good idea but then again, it's just my opinion. However, I follow my own lead and let Matt M. do his thing.

Date: February 19, 2014 04:27PM

PL wrote:

<<<Attack you lol all i said was that natural hygiene, raw food and fasting didn't save Herbert Shelton's life>>>

No, you attacked me when YOU said…

<<<No wonder you are so nutritionally depleted and toxic>>>

This is simply NOT True.

<<<Also if your going to attack me by writing that i don't have a clue about diet or how the body works,>>>

I’m NOT attacking you when it is obvious that you do “NOT Know How to Eat properly and do NOT Know How the Body Works” because you think that we need to Eat Breakfast and if we don’t, it will stress our Adrenals.

I, once again, Challenge you do an Honest Debate where we discuss this one Issue and this one Issue only.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 04:29PM by John Rose.

Date: February 19, 2014 04:35PM

You recieve what you give my friend. Like every other thread around here i come into a post and see you have written something negative about me, often not even in relation to the thread.

If your going to bite by claiming i don't have a clue about diet or how the body works then i will bite back by debunking your nonsence John.

Im amazed that you took a quote of me saying you were nutritionally depleted and toxic as an attack. But you dont think going around calling people psychopaths, shills, powerliar or such everyday is an attack of course. I have to laugh.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 04:48PM by powerlifter.

Date: February 19, 2014 04:48PM

PL wrote:

<<<So he obviously tried fasting, raw food diets, natural hygiene and they didn't work for him. If Natural Hygiene didn't work back in the 1960s what makes you think its going to work now ?>>>

Once again, your Comprehension Skills leave much to be desired - Herbert Shelton did NOT understand the Ripple Effect, but for some odd reason you cannot understand this simple Law of Nature.

<<<But i guess the whole reason he died was because he didn't understand the "ripple effect" as John Rose claims.>>>

Once again, most Natural Hygienists do NOT understand the Ripple Effect and you do NOT understand the Law of Cause & Effect.

<<<Why are you promoting such ineffective, unproven and outdated modalities to others ?>>>

I am NOT promoting a Modality that does NOT understand the Ripple Effect and that’s the Flaw with Natural Hygiene. Likewise, I am NOT promoting a Modality that does NOT understand the Law of Cause & Effect and that’s the Flaw in your approach. If this sounds familiar, it should because it’s the very first thing I said to you years ago and I’ve explained a thousand different ways and yet, you still don’t get it.

Once again, your Comprehension Skills leave much to be desired.

Date: February 19, 2014 05:08PM

PL wrote:

<<<But you dont think going around calling people psychopaths, shills, powerliar or such everyday is an attack.>>>

I have only called one person who used to post on this website a Psychopath because she was, by definition, a Psychopath. I also refer to the Rulers of the World as Psychopaths because, by definition, they are indeed Psychopaths and you are NOT calling someone a name if that is what they are!!!

As far as Internet Shills, they are just as easy to spot as a Psychopath once you know what to look for and, once again, you are NOT calling someone a name if that is what they are!!!

And then, you have lied so many times it’s not even funny and if you deny this, which is what Con Artists like to do, then give me a thousand dollars for every time I can Prove you lied and I’ll be a rich man. And, once again, you are NOT calling someone a name if that is what they are!

Speaking of Con Artists, I see that you are IGNORING the Issue once again and REFUSE TO HAVE AN HONEST DEBATE WITH ME where we use the ANALYTICAL METHOD OF REASONING and take ONE ISSUE AT A TIME TO ITS RESOLUTION.

Date: February 19, 2014 05:23PM

powerlifter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
< I have to laugh.

Yeah, but why let him waste your time when it's so easy to scroll on by his puffed up hot air drivel like I do? It's easy and you won't be missing a thing. When you engage the troll he feeds off that energy and goes on and on in an even more unbalanced way with the eyesore spam and trail of other's quotes.

Date: February 19, 2014 05:27PM

PL wrote:

<<<All you are getting is a whackload of sugar, vitamin C, some other nutrients, very little to no minerals such as zinc, selenium, iodine, no fats, small amounts of protein and of course no fiber which comes with juicing.>>>

Once again, this shows how little you understand and are so arrogant that you speak of places that you have never been. We had this discussion long ago and you are MISTAKEN about Sugar and Vegetable Juices. Go get a Glucometer and test your Blood Sugar after you drink a Pint of Vegetable Juice. You have never done this before have you PL, so you are speaking from a place that you have never been!

Not only could you NOT figure out how to get 10% Protein on a Raw Food Diet [www.rawfoodsupport.com], but you have no idea that 1 Pint of Carrot and Spinach Juice in a 50-50 Ratio provides 10 Grams of Protein. If I drink 16 of these in 1 day, OMG, that’s 160 grams of Protein!!!

Obviously, you do “NOT Know How to Eat properly and you do NOT Know How the Body Works” because you think that we need to Eat Breakfast and if we don’t, it will stress our Adrenals.

Once again, I Challenge you do an Honest Debate where we discuss this one Issue and this one Issue only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 05:36PM by John Rose.

Date: February 19, 2014 05:33PM

You drink 16 pints of vegetable juice a day lol ? and your telling me i don't know what a healthy diet consists of.

What i said was that you'd likely get small amounts of protein because you are just consuming juice and with that you are getting alot of sugar. Do you not think carrots contain sugar, 9 grams of sugar per cup of carrot juice ? Still doesn't detract from the rest of the post about the lack of overall minerals/balanced nutrition, little to no fatty acids, which i see you conviently cherry picked and avoided.

Also where are you getting your nutritional information from in regards to carrot/spinach juice ? A cup of carrot juice contains only 2g protein, i know how much you tend to exaggerate.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 05:44PM by powerlifter.

Date: February 19, 2014 05:35PM

SueZ Wrote:
> powerlifter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> < I have to laugh.
>
>
> Yeah, but why let him waste your time when it's
> so easy to scroll on by his puffed up hot air
> drivel like I do? It's easy and you won't be
> missing a thing. When you engage the troll he
> feeds off that energy and goes on and on in an
> even more unbalanced way with the eyesore spam and
> trail of other's quotes.

Yeah i know i should ignore it Suez, i try to for the most part but sometimes i find it difficult to ignore. Today i planned to come on the forum to do abit of posting, i come into a thread and see John Rose has posted more negative junk about how clueless i am.

I know he is just trolling and purposely trying to bait me, but like i say at times i find it hard to ignore and then i begin to enjoy debunking his weak logic.

EDIT: Just went to view another random thread(phytonutrient report) and here he is badmouthing me again, calling me a dishonest skeptic. Guy is completely away with the fairies. Every thread i go into he's got me on the brain, i hadn't even posted in that thread either.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 05:45PM by powerlifter.

Date: February 19, 2014 05:38PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> You drink 16 pints of vegetable juice a day lol ?
>
> What i said was that you'd likely get small
> amounts of protein because you are juicing.
> Doesn't detract from the rest of the post about
> the lack of overall minerals, little to no fatty
> acids, which i see you conviently cherry picked
> and avoided.
>
> Also where are you getting your nutritional
> information from in regards to carrot/spinach
> juice ? A cup of carrot juice contains only 2g
> protein, i know how much you tend to exaggerate.

Ok, I see. Someone's got to challenge the madness. Go for it.

Date: February 19, 2014 05:50PM

This Post is to illustrate how a Con Artist works.

In an earlier Post, I wrote:

"By the way, I noticed that you (PL) did NOT address any of your ERRORS relative to this Thread and instead are trying to attack me."

Instead of addressing PL's ERRORS, PL claims that he is not attacking me so he can take the focus off of his ERRORS, which he is still REFUSING to discuss. This is why PL is a Dis-Honest Skeptic!!!

Remember, there are two kinds of Skeptics in the world…

Honest Skeptics are genuinely interested in knowing the Truth and stay cautious until they are clear about what is True.

In contrast, Dis-Honest Skeptics are NOT interested in the Truth. They are spoilers. They just like to destroy for the fun of it.

Once again, PL, YOU are a Dis-Honest Skeptic and you have NO interest in the Truth!!!

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: February 19, 2014 10:04PM

I think Suez canal has the hots for John. smiling smiley The old lady always inserts herself around him.

Date: February 20, 2014 04:25PM

Thanks, banana who, for taking an interest in my skinniness situation. I've been skinny all my life and am even skinnier when I'm 100% raw. But in order to gain weight, I have to eat tons of cooked food and then I feel much worse and feel like I've set myself back a long way healthy-wise, so I intermittent all raw with eating cooked when how I look trumps how I feel. But then when I eat cooked, my face looks older, but then when I'm raw and my face is skinnier, I look older, too, and that's not good either, so it's a problem. I'm trying SueZ' thing with the fats, fatty acids, coconut oil, a bit of other oils, and in the spring when I get raw goat's milk, I'll gain back some weight. I can't do it on 100% raw vegan - I got down to 76 pounds on that.

But I love that I eat all my food between 1:00 and 7:00. I eat the same amount as if I started eating earlier. It took me years - 14 years since going all raw - to work up to not eating until noon, very gradual process. On SAD I had to eat soon after getting up or else I'd feel nervous and shaky and my heart would be pounding and my stomach felt hungry (I realized later that what I felt in my stomach that I thought was hunger was really acid or something, like John Rose said).

I love eating raw and not having to eat until noon - I feel fine until 1:00 unless I go into town and have a lot of running around to do and then I get hungry around 12:00. Maybe I'll dial it back an hour to 12:00 and eat from 12:00 to 6:00 every day. I love being rigid and having a scheduled time to eat - the Daylight Diet. I think it's healthier that way.

banana who Wrote:
> Calorie restriction is supposed to be healthy in
> general, but Kid Raw I thought you were saying how
> you're so underweight. I hardly think that would
> help your situation if you want to gain a bit.
>
> I agree with SueZ that we should play it by ear. I
> am constantly amazed at how obessed people get
> about their bodies. Maybe it distracts them from
> other stuff? I just don't think over-focusing on
> one's body is a good idea but then again, it's
> just my opinion. However, I follow my own lead and
> let Matt M. do his thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2014 04:26PM by KidRaw.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 20, 2014 07:20PM

Kid Raw, I wasn't suggesting you eat cooked foods. I was just responding to your query about skipping the morning meal. I have heard of ways to gain weight eating 100% raw and I am sure you already know about these suggestions. I am just curious why you love not eating until noon or 1. Do you feel better somehow? It's funny. Sometimes I think I just eat because it's a certain time rather than if I am really hungry so I suppose disciplined person can create a schedule so that they're not hungry until later in the morning.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 20, 2014 08:35PM

KidRaw Wrote:
> Thanks, banana who, for taking an interest in my
> skinniness situation. I've been skinny all my life
> and am even skinnier when I'm 100% raw. But in
> order to gain weight, I have to eat tons of cooked
> food and then I feel much worse and feel like I've
> set myself back a long way healthy-wise, so I
> intermittent all raw with eating cooked when how I
> look trumps how I feel. But then when I eat
> cooked, my face looks older, but then when I'm raw
> and my face is skinnier, I look older, too, and
> that's not good either, so it's a problem. I'm
> trying SueZ' thing with the fats, fatty acids,
> coconut oil, a bit of other oils, and in the
> spring when I get raw goat's milk, I'll gain back
> some weight. I can't do it on 100% raw vegan - I
> got down to 76 pounds on that.
>
> But I love that I eat all my food between 1:00 and
> 7:00. I eat the same amount as if I started eating
> earlier. It took me years - 14 years since going
> all raw - to work up to not eating until noon,
> very gradual process. On SAD I had to eat soon
> after getting up or else I'd feel nervous and
> shaky and my heart would be pounding and my
> stomach felt hungry (I realized later that what I
> felt in my stomach that I thought was hunger was
> really acid or something, like John Rose said).
>
> I love eating raw and not having to eat until noon
> - I feel fine until 1:00 unless I go into town and
> have a lot of running around to do and then I get
> hungry around 12:00. Maybe I'll dial it back an
> hour to 12:00 and eat from 12:00 to 6:00 every
> day. I love being rigid and having a scheduled
> time to eat - the Daylight Diet. I think it's
> healthier that way.
>
>
>
> banana who Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Calorie restriction is supposed to be healthy
> in
> > general, but Kid Raw I thought you were saying
> how
> > you're so underweight. I hardly think that
> would
> > help your situation if you want to gain a bit.
> >
> > I agree with SueZ that we should play it by ear.
> I
> > am constantly amazed at how obessed people get
> > about their bodies. Maybe it distracts them
> from
> > other stuff? I just don't think over-focusing
> on
> > one's body is a good idea but then again, it's
> > just my opinion. However, I follow my own lead
> and
> > let Matt M. do his thing.

You're not going to gain weight on a raw food diet without engaging in weight-bearing exercise.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 20, 2014 08:42PM

Kid raw, I've been skipping breakfast for the last 12years. I don't miss it.

Date: February 20, 2014 09:01PM

I never eat past 8 and usually don't eat again until sometime around 11 or 12, but I have a "custom" diet plan that I think will be extremely healthy in the back of my mind, but I want to fully test it out to assure the results, which may take some time. Similar to the Hippocrates diet but with some twists that could make the diet even better.

Date: February 20, 2014 11:11PM

Hi Bryan,

I do admire your commitment to the RFD and from what you've disclosed in the past about your diet, it sounds a lot like the way I eat on all raw - for example, how you try to avoid salt entirely, avoid oils, avoid raw sweeteners and eat raw prepared foods only occasionally because of the salt, oils and raw sweeteners like agave. You're an inspiration to all of us and it's fitting that you're our moderator.

When do you cease eating in the evening? I think I'm going to strive for a definite 6:00 the next time we set the clocks forward. That's when I do a shift in my eating schedule because it's natural that way.

Date: February 20, 2014 11:19PM

jtprindl Wrote:

> You're not going to gain weight on a raw food diet
> without engaging in weight-bearing exercise.

Yes, I've heard that before, but I hate weight bearing exercise - in fact, I've never done them, but I hate just the thought of them. I do yoga and walk up and down stairs a hundred times a day because my computer is upstairs. Also hiking and trails, but it's walking. Do you think running is weight-bearing exercise because I do like to run.

Date: February 20, 2014 11:25PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> I never eat past 8 and usually don't eat again
> until sometime around 11 or 12, but I have a
> "custom" diet plan that I think will be extremely
> healthy in the back of my mind, but I want to
> fully test it out to assure the results, which may
> take some time. Similar to the Hippocrates diet
> but with some twists that could make the diet even
> better.

You sound like me in that I'm always experimenting with the RFD. For about six months now, I've had no raw sweeteners at all, only fruit. And I just started the experiment of eating coconut oil and a half teaspoon of sacha inchi oil to try to gain weight. Although after reading on here again about 'bad oil', I may drop the regular oils and just do coconut oil to try to gain weight.

Date: February 20, 2014 11:28PM

Bryan, what do you think of eating coconut oil?

Date: February 21, 2014 12:37AM

banana who Wrote:
> I am just curious
> why you love not eating until noon or 1. Do you
> feel better somehow? It's funny. Sometimes I think
> I just eat because it's a certain time rather than
> if I am really hungry so I suppose disciplined
> person can create a schedule so that they're not
> hungry until later in the morning.

Yes, I feel better when I don't eat until noon or 1:00. Once in a while when I have fruit in the morning, my stomach doesn't feel so great afterward. It's so convenient when you don't have to bother thinking about eating and especially when you're busy doing errands or traveling.

I think some people would have to work up to it gradually though. If you're going to change your eating schedule in the morning or evening, the best way to do it is when we change the clocks in the spring and fall. It's complicated to figure out, but a good mental exercise smiling smiley

Date: February 21, 2014 01:41AM

"Yes, I've heard that before, but I hate weight bearing exercise - in fact, I've never done them, but I hate just the thought of them. I do yoga and walk up and down stairs a hundred times a day because my computer is upstairs. Also hiking and trails, but it's walking. Do you think running is weight-bearing exercise because I do like to run."

Running wouldn't be considered a weight-bearing exercise, unless maybe you were running up steep hills with ankle-weights or some form of weight on your back. Even simple workouts like push-ups, squats, curls, etc. should help you put on weight. Brian Clement used to weigh 120 lbs, then he started lifting and now he's 170 lbs. His wife had similar results with working out.

"You sound like me in that I'm always experimenting with the RFD. For about six months now, I've had no raw sweeteners at all, only fruit. And I just started the experiment of eating coconut oil and a half teaspoon of sacha inchi oil to try to gain weight. Although after reading on here again about 'bad oil', I may drop the regular oils and just do coconut oil to try to gain weight."

Yeah it's fun thinking about ways to perfect the art of the raw food diet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2014 01:42AM by jtprindl.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables