Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Viktoras Kulvinskas boogeying down on his 75th birthday!
Date: March 05, 2014 03:55AM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TSM, how long have you been on a sproutarian diet?

Started in 1995, went full on until 2002. Took a rest because l wanted to go back into the mainstream to learn some more about life (people wanted me to go to parties etc, and full time sproutarianism is was a very committed lifestyle for a young man and it is hard to properly mix the two), went back into it properly in 2009. So almost 12 years tops, or maybe a minimum of 11 years all up. Certainly not long enough to call me an authortiy on anything, but still some decent time doing it to have been able to work out my mistakes and sort the diet out. I don't want to be one of these people who tries to be some hero because they claim to have been raw constantly for 19 years, because l am not...it is what it is. Could have l claimed to have been raw from 1995 until now?...sure, but that wouldn't be what it is. There is no need to try and be hero's..just say it how it is.

I've crashed and burned a few times along the way, so my honeymoon period is long past and l am on my own now with this diet. But l have always been able to figure out my mistakes and make it work. I am just a normal fellow and am now in a position to help others with this diet and lifestyle because l have been through the struggles.

Will my diet continue to work?...l hope so. I think it will because there are people who have seemed to have done well on it for decades. Dr Clement says there are old 1960's HHI patients who are now in their 90's doing the living foods diet who look decades younger than their years. Dr Flora lives on many fresh veggies and sprouts in her garden and she is going strong as vegan in her 70's after decades on the diet.

Dr Flora 3rd at 75 plus years
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 05, 2014 04:05AM

And when you stop raw you take for granted your well being for a while and think it will always stay like that, but slowly it diminishes, and you don't realise how bad it is until health problems occur again.

I am glad l went through the journey of stopping because l had lessons to learn. I didn't fully appreciate how good l had it until l lost it. Because of that experience l am stronger and more committed than ever. Going back to raw was easy...just like riding a bike again. No struggles making the adjustment.

The second time around l had no intentions of doing 100%. I wanted to do 50% raw and had NO interest in doing more raw than that because it takes major committment. But after two months l got so excited and carried away that l could not help but go 100%.

I always told myself l would be a sproutarian again, and as l got closer to 40 l knew what l needed to do. And now there is no going back...been there and done that in the mainstream and have no interest in that anymore. I LOVE the disciplined alternative lifestyle. I have no time for nonsense, games, t.v, sport, news...it's all about helping others now, keeping the diet going, meditating and doing enough exercise to keep the body maintained. I have fallen into a lifestyle l love, and it flows easily now because l am older and don't have the distractions that being a youth bring. When you are young you want to do this and that because you think it's all so great...and when you experience it you are glad, but there comes a time when you move on because the mainstream becomes so old.

The second time around l never felt any effects on all raw for the first year. Growing all those sprouts when l was sick was the hardest thing ever. I was in tears on many days and would always yell out "why does my life suck so much". I had it very hard for the first year. Fortunately my previous experience got me through that hard patch. I was like a sleep starved walking zombie, but l liked my food and knew how to grow the plants like the back of my hand.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 04:18AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 05, 2014 04:45AM

Have you ever been to Hippocrates? Do you use anything like liquid kelp, rock dust, sea minerals, etc. on your sprouts?

Date: March 05, 2014 05:15AM

I've been looking into this over the past few weeks, I had known about it before but not the true significance and from what I've gathered, semen retention is absolutely vital for the brain and nervous system. I know ramanan probably knows a lot of information about this. Have you looked into this at all?

Date: March 05, 2014 07:08AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> I've been looking into this over the past few
> weeks, I had known about it before but not the
> true significance and from what I've gathered,
> semen retention is absolutely vital for the brain
> and nervous system. I know ramanan probably knows
> a lot of information about this. Have you looked
> into this at all?

Yes. The ancient knowledge of the spiritual masters repeat the same thing, and so does Hilton Hotema. My friend Santos Bonacci says the same thing about saving the seed and protecting the brain. It also helps enlightenment and stops aging according to various people talking about the ancient wisdom.

I'll try and post a couple of videos of where Santos talks about it and i'll bring up some stuff from Hotema. Spending the seed is one of the worst things you can do apparently, and now various people are using it more wisely behind the scenes.

And even nutritionally speaking, much zinc is used in ejaculation, so it can contribute to copper toxicity and lead to madness imo. The old saying that masturbation can cause madness wasn't so far fetched...it came from ancient knowledge imo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 07:12AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 05, 2014 04:55PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've been looking into this over the past few
> > weeks, I had known about it before but not the
> > true significance and from what I've gathered,
> > semen retention is absolutely vital for the
> brain
> > and nervous system. I know ramanan probably
> knows
> > a lot of information about this. Have you
> looked
> > into this at all?
>
> Yes. The ancient knowledge of the spiritual
> masters repeat the same thing, and so does Hilton
> Hotema. My friend Santos Bonacci says the same
> thing about saving the seed and protecting the
> brain. It also helps enlightenment and stops aging
> according to various people talking about the
> ancient wisdom.
>
> I'll try and post a couple of videos of where
> Santos talks about it and i'll bring up some stuff
> from Hotema. Spending the seed is one of the worst
> things you can do apparently, and now various
> people are using it more wisely behind the
> scenes.
>
> And even nutritionally speaking, much zinc is used
> in ejaculation, so it can contribute to copper
> toxicity and lead to madness imo. The old saying
> that masturbation can cause madness wasn't so far
> fetched...it came from ancient knowledge imo.

Yeah, I guess the extra energy that isn't be lost due to sexual practices can be used for "super charging" the body in other ways. Some reported results include more energy, deeper voice, higher mental acuity and memory, bigger muscles, enhancing spiritual awareness, more energy, better immune system, and a state of well-being. Apparently what is lost in just one ejaculation can take weeks or even months to restore from the nutrients you receive from food.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 04:56PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 05, 2014 06:09PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

> the mainstream raw
> movement is based on convenience, buying food
> grown by other people

I do not wish to only eat food that I grow, nor is "convenience" a dirty word.
now either you can understand that, or you cannot, and likely you cannot, which results in drinking green juice. you admit that it is difficult to get enough calories and you admit that one must be low activity, and yet you are still unable to grasp that others are not like you, and you still denigrate others for their choices, choices which are serving them well.

>, getting away from gardening
> skills we once had,

many people who are raw do gardening, but of course, you wish to broad brush and denigrate once again. and you literally throw the baby out with the bathwater, with every statement you make. food not 100% out of the ground? don't eat it.

>being ruled by the taste buds,

inane comment, caused by your self-abnegation/spiritual mindset.

again, are you capable of discerning the difference between enjoying food and being "ruled" by the tastebuds? over and over again, you and jtprindl make ridiculous comments about being addicted. you must be envious, it's the only explanation.

> not harnessing the `true power' of raw foods, and
> much of the movement is also based on eating and
> eating and eating (being a slave to food).

and much is not. just focus on the negative I guess if that serves your diatribe.

Lots of
> talk about foods, but what about the other
> factors? It's no wonder raw fooders describe it as
> like being in a prison.

some may do that, most don't . do you have a point to make?
are you perhaps in a prison of your own?

> Eating fresh is important. Growing your own food
> is very important because it provides a connection
> and love and greatfulness to the food that would
> otherwise be empty (hard to put into words).

no, really? you think people don't know about eating fresh?
you think people never heard about growing their own?
many people do both, grow their own and eat food that others have grown.
what a concept.

ostensibly this is in response to the ego statement....

> It's never been about me, it is the message which
> flows through me.

you still can't understand the ego when you make statements like "I get it", he "gets it" she "gets it". what conceit.

>I do wonder why some raw fooders think that walking on your hands is something to aspire to.

are you really unable to keep things in context?

the point of showing the 70+ year old walking on hands, was simply IN RESPONSE to those who were claiming the evils of fruit. and it was not something
to ASPIRE TO. it was to make a point. I suppose the point was lost on you, or more likely you're taking it out of context on purpose to try and make your own irrelevant point.

>Personally l have more important things to do than walking on my hands, developing massive muscles, chasing a ball on a piece of grass (sport), and running and cycling further faster than anyone else has ever done. But each to heir's own. winking smiley (said with some sarcasm and cheek, but in a loving way).

Here again, the ridiculous spectacle of you saying something in sarcasm and cheek. why would you need to do that?

are you envious?
are you unable to mentally allow others their own enjoyments and choices?
are you really that much of a control freak?

yes
yes
and
yes?

>I don't see why all this athletic achievement is so important....is it to say l can do this better than you?

no

>And if you can run faster than anyone else, why does it matter and what does it achieve?

how about, it's fun?

>If you practise something over ande over for long enough, l am sure you will become good at it, but is their any dep purpose or is it more superficial?

why do anything then?

>As long as l do some exercise each day and maintain myself, that's what really matters.

to you.

>And instead of walking on my hands, l would rather just walk on my legs because that's what we are meant to do. winking smiley

to you.

still can't step out of your box?

Date: March 05, 2014 06:33PM

LOL envious of what exactly?

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 05, 2014 07:00PM

TSM wrote:

<<<And if you can run faster than anyone else, why does it matter and what does it achieve?>>>

fresh wrote:

<<<how about, it's fun?>>>

One of the first things I noticed as a teenager about exercise and other types of activities is that most people tend to do things because they are good at it. For me, I've been given good athletic genes, so I've always enjoyed "chasing a ball on a piece of grass (sport) and running and cycling." But I don't have a competitive personality, so I compete against myself and could care less if I can "run or cycle faster than anyone else"! However, some people do have a competitive personality and I started a special Thread to help everyone understand that different Personalities have different Rules and this is what creates a lot of CONFLICT in our lives.

For those interested in understanding the source of a lot of the CONFLICT in our lives, check out this Thread...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
If the Doors of Perception were Cleansed...
Posted by: John Rose
Date: February 17, 2014 08:01PM

Peace and Love..........John

Date: March 05, 2014 07:06PM

John Rose Wrote:
> TSM wrote:
>
> <<>>
>
> fresh wrote:
>
> <<>>
>
> One of the first things I noticed as a teenager
> about exercise and other types of activities is
> that most people tend to do things because they
> are good at it. For me, I've been given good
> athletic genes, so I've always enjoyed "chasing a
> ball on a piece of grass (sport) and running and
> cycling." But I don't have a competitive
> personality, so I compete against myself and could
> care less if I can "run or cycle faster than
> anyone else"! However, some people do have a
> competitive personality and I started a special
> Thread to help everyone understand that different
> Personalities have different Rules and this is
> what creates a lot of CONFLICT in our lives.
>
> For those interested in understanding the source
> of a lot of the CONFLICT in our lives, check out
> this Thread...
>
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
> If the Doors of Perception were Cleansed...
> Posted by: John Rose
> Date: February 17, 2014 08:01PM
>
> Peace and Love..........John

A lot of people think they're athletically gifted until they compete against others lol smiling smiley

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 05, 2014 07:16PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> A lot of people think they're athletically gifted
> until they compete against others lol smiling smiley

Yeah, one of my brothers played a sport for money. His running training was up and down bleachers...

Date: March 05, 2014 11:12PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> LOL envious of what exactly?

LOL is the word here. I don't engage in children's talk (emotional `baby babble'), life is too good to engage in such nonsense. I enjoy a quality conversation, and there are many to be had here with various folks.

And lets not forget that it is not just achieving strength and athletic ability on the outside, what is the high fruit diet doing on the inside? Recent studies link fructose as an independant risk factor for kidney stones. But the negative possibilities of high fruit diets (usually not fresh and bench ripened) go much further than that, one being high in copper over zinc which can lead to inefficient manufacturing of EPA/DHA, but there is a long list of other possibilities such as pancreatic damage by hybridised fruits.

Like with some SAD folks that look strong and are athletic, so are some natural hygiene people...but what is going on with the inside of the body?? What about the sharpness of mind? What about mental balance? It's important to look at the whole picture, not just judge by the outside.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 11:17PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 06, 2014 12:38AM

Ah yes tsm is above it all when a counterpoint is posed and never responds to any substance. Predictable. And then responds with baseless critiques of the horrible fruit and veg diet. Whereas I make no baseless criticisms of your chosen diet other than the obvious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2014 12:43AM by fresh.

Date: March 06, 2014 12:51AM

SueZ Wrote:

> Now my question is, after watching the b'day
> party video, why can't raw fooders dance for
> @#$%&? Lord, that was painful to watch.

Oh, I just remembered, I have to take this back. Dan McDonald can dance a little.

Does anyone else know of another one who can? I've seen a lot of videos of raw vegan group events but none in person. I find it rather alarming. Could it be the lack of vitamin B12 that makes people move like marionettes on the dance floor?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 06, 2014 12:56AM

oh oh I dance every weekend for many many hours winking smiley

Date: March 06, 2014 01:12AM

Panchito Wrote:
> oh oh I dance every weekend for many many hours winking smiley

Maybe Vitoras Kulvinskas does, too, (horror of horrors on that thought).

I was talking about something else.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables