Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Triathlons. Anyone Here Do'em?
Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: November 29, 2006 10:25PM

Hello, all,

Ok, anyone do'em?

Today, at the pool, I met the guy I've wanted to speak with for sometime regarding the Iron Man in Hawaii. Long story short? I'll be swimming with him and others M-F from 9:30am to 10:30am.

I had told him that until I hit my stroke, I get board swimming. He watched my stroke for half an hour; when I was done, he said I had a good stroke and that he'd see me in the morning. He smiled and then said, "I'll make sure you'll not get 'bored'". He then asked if I put the Iron Man on the calander yet!

Guess I'm definitely doing a few triathlons this coming year rather than just the one in spring; if I "peak" correctly, I may just loose all reason and enter the Iron Man. If I do, I'll let you know.

I'm considering putting up a Webpage to chronicle my training as I think it would not only help me, but also others with the same insanity -I wouldn't be any other way!

Thanks,

Arilraw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Triathlons. Anyone Here Do'em?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 30, 2006 01:21AM

Arilraw

Good for you in your adventures, love to see it.
Try to find fresh water to swim in though, chlorine is not good.

I came close to a tri. in FL but they would'nt let me ride my recumbent bike.

elnatural

Date: November 30, 2006 02:45AM

El-NatuRal,

Yeah, chlorinated water isn't my first choice, but other than Smith Mountain Lake which is currenty in the mid 50s... well the pool is the warmest as well as closest choice I have.

A recumbant, hey? That's takes talent to ride! I've heard it takes a few spills before ya really get it.

Thanks,

Arilraw

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 30, 2006 04:05AM

arilraw

What's your current bike, run , swim lengths for training.

Not true at all for learning to ride bents. Some are more user freindly than others.

My last one (home built) was very rad with a 30 degree seat back angle, very fast.

In Fl I had the chance to swim in a hydrodgen peroxide only treated pool. So clean, fresh, and exhilerating. Look for one in your area. Cheaper to use HP talk to your pool manager.

elnatural

Date: November 30, 2006 02:25PM

Hello, El,

Swim: .5 miles.
Run: 2 - 5 miles.
Bike: 10 miles.

The above reflects that I'm in good sprint-triathlon condition, but I'll need to add about 2 miles to the swim, 20 miles to the run and a bunch of miles to the bike. That'll not happen overnight.

Now, how am I going to do this, run my business and take care of my parents? Excellent time management, prayer and meditation.

I love bikes; as a matter of fact, I started road biking to improve my mountain biking.

Built your own bike, hey? That is rad. El's Rad Ride.

Post a photo of the bike!

Thanks,

Arilraw

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables